over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Doctors just cant get it right, please help

tall1

Newbies
Hi guys, Ive been a member for a while now and mostly lurk but I could really use some advice. Didnt there used to be a section of the board for injurys?

I just turned 40, Ive always been a tall skinny guy but started lifting in my mid 20's and kept at it pretty consistently up until my problems started. I made a lot of progress and was pretty proud of it. Im sure i wouldnt compare to a lot of you but I was happy and I love(d) doing it.

A few yrs ago, I had a bout with tennis elbow in my right arm, ended up taking a long break, it healed and i lifted again. a couple of months later it came back, took more time off, came back again and ended up with elbow and shoulder pain.

I saw a ortho dr, got cortizone shot in my shoulder, went through therapy and it didnt help.
A year later, i went back, to the same dr, had an arthrogram(MRI), he said i had a small tear that he couldn't see, but scheduled surgery anyway.

After the surgery(June 2012), he told me i had a bone spur that had worn a large hole in my rotator cuff tendon, he ground down the bone and "repaired" the tendon. This lead to the most pain i have ever felt in my life. I started therapy a couple of days after surgery and after a couple of weeks my therapist pointed out that my bicep tendon had been severed. I tried to talk to the dr about it and was basically blown off and told i was fine.
This dr was a complete asshole during follow up visits(i could give details but im trying to keep this short), my shoulder never healed, my range of motion was gone, I had an impingement, painful popping etc. so when he wanted to send me for another MRI, I had the test and looked for another dr.

I finally found one that said he could do something with my short head bicep tendon. In march of this year he cleaned up my shoulder and anchored my bicep tendon to the bone.
My shoulder seems fine now, I have a full range of motion. Its still pretty weak and i have some pain, but in general, this surgery was fairly painless especially if you compare it to the first one.

Now, here's the problem:
THE DR HAS ANCHORED MY BICEP TENDON IN THE WRONG PLACE!!
I have an indent in the outside of my arm where the bicep should be and a bulge in my armpit that shouldn't be there. If i stand with my arms at my side my finger easily fits in the gap between my body/armpit and left arm but this gap is not there on my right arm, my bicep is touching my body.

At this point in time, my whole body has shrunk/wasted away, Ive lost almost all my gains everywhere but my right arm is tiny and it looks far from what i would consider normal.

I had my supposed, last appointment with this dr a couple of weeks ago, i asked him about my bicep and he blamed it on the muscle atrophy from my short head bicep spending so much time pooled up at the elbow. AND OF COURSE HE SAID I WOULD BE FINE.

I DONT FEEL FINE!! my bicep is rubbing against my armpit/body all the time, It bothers me to swing my arm when i walk. Im feeling a burning sensation in my armpit that i cant pinpoint, It might just be skin irritation from the rubbing but Im not sure. My bicep is slowly developing again and the larger it gets the more uncomfortable it seems to be.

So, I had my wife call there to make me an appointment, she is a nurse, and i was worried I would blow up at them and end up burning a bridge. To put it nicely, I'm a fvcking mess, I'm frustrated, depressed etc,. but most of all I am PISSED OFF.

They told me wife, the dr is too busy to see me and put her on with his nurse practitioner who blamed the pain/burning on swelling and said IT WILL BE FINE.

But is it? the first thing i told both of these Dr's is that i want to be able to train/lift but wont that make my Bicep swell/grow/get bigger?? and wont that make this problem worse?......a little sarcasm, sorry, but do you see my point?

Am i making a big deal out of nothing? what do you guys think? maybe this rubbing wont bother me once i get used to it, Im so deep into this and so emotional over it, I dont know if i am seeing clearly.

Im really not interested in legal action unless its my only option, I just want this done right. If given the option to have another surgery to move the bicep/tendon i would do it, I have insurance and the deductable is already paid.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75