YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

does a high heomatacrit cause high iron levels?

deanabol

Registered
does the hct directly cause high iron levels or can it make iron look high when its not ?

does the hct directly cause high iron levels or can it make iron look high when its not ?

When i donate blood they always check my hemaocrit to see if i have enough iron to donate.

I know this isnt what your asking but, i think they go hand in hand.

Generally it's the other way around. High iron levels can lead to high hematocrit as iron is required for red blood cell production, which is what increases hematocrit levels.

I tried to donate last night , iron was 18.6 , the lady tells me "WOW , your iron is realy realy high you realy need to donate !!" so i figure well it s good thing i came by. so then she tells me "We're sorry about that but your iron is to high" so i ask well ok , how do i lower it so i can donate? and of course she tells me that I need to donate to lower it.

I wanted to puncher her in the face !!! they muct get the stupidest fucking people on the planet to work the blood mobile

Called my Dr and told him and he said that 18.4 is the top of the normal scale , nothing worry about he will wright me a script for a theropedic donation

I tried to donate last night , iron was 18.6 , the lady tells me "WOW , your iron is realy realy high you realy need to donate !!" so i figure well it s good thing i came by. so then she tells me "We're sorry about that but your iron is to high" so i ask well ok , how do i lower it so i can donate? and of course she tells me that I need to donate to lower it.

I wanted to puncher her in the face !!! they muct get the stupidest fucking people on the planet to work the blood mobile

Called my Dr and told him and he said that 18.4 is the top of the normal scale , nothing worry about he will wright me a script for a theropedic donation

18.6 was your hemoglobin. Anything that high and they are going to make you come back with a doctor's prescription. If its that high you probably have some kind of medical condition and they want you to seek attention. With a hemoglobin that high your hematocrit is around 56 or so and thats real high. If youre on suplements its time now to get off and go clean for awhile or youre risking a blood clot.

Wow, just read that. Does he know youre taking anything? Im assuming you are with a reading like that. THis might explain why he didnt freak out when you told him. People at the blood bank will freak because normal folks usually have a hemoglobin around 15 or so.

I have too high iron also my hemoglobin has been between 16.9 and 18.
The highest my hematocrit has been is 51.

im a little confused about all this ,do steroids directly increase iron ?
or is this a by product of having a high heomatocrit ?

my hct has shot up again after using equipoise ,its the last time il be using it .my iron is also very high %saturation is 87%

American redcross wont take HGB over 17.Every lab has somewhat different reference ranges.I have this prob. all the time redcross wont take me yet the blood doc. says he wont draw me either unless HCT is at 54 or higher.So I have to keep stopping my legit trt for 3-4months at a time which I explained to him is pointless.

When i donate blood they always check my hemaocrit to see if i have enough iron to donate.

I know this isnt what your asking but, i think they go hand in hand.

they don't check your crit, they check your globin, you can get a pretty good idea of crit tho by times 3

they don't check your crit, they check your globin, you can get a pretty good idea of crit tho by times 3

I dont go to red cross, i go to life share. 33 is low 55 is high, is that golbin??

Im, pretty sure its crit. i had labs in oct and i was at 38, tried to donate and was 33. They call it iron, i call it crit.

its just dawned on me that ive been using injectable b-12 ,2000mcgs every other day for 3months ,do you think this could explain my heomatacrit being high ?
should i stop

I dont go to red cross, i go to life share. 33 is low 55 is high, is that golbin??

Im, pretty sure its crit. i had labs in oct and i was at 38, tried to donate and was 33. They call it iron, i call it crit.

there is no way 33 is a low end crit number

unless you were just born, if so, kudos to your typing skills

* Newborn babies should have 55 percent to 68 percent HCT levels.
* A one-week-old baby should have HCT levels between 47 percent and 65 percent.
* A three-month-old baby should have HCT levels that range from 30 percent to 36 percent.
* An HCT level of 29 percent to 41 percent is normal for a one-year-old baby.
* Children around 10 years of age will have normal HCT levels at 36 percent to 40 percent.
* Adult females should have around 38 percent to 46 percent HCT levels for normalcy.
* Adult males can have normal HCT levels when it is at 42 percent to 54 percent.

unless you were just born, if so, kudos to your typing skills

* Newborn babies should have 55 percent to 68 percent HCT levels.
* A one-week-old baby should have HCT levels between 47 percent and 65 percent.
* A three-month-old baby should have HCT levels that range from 30 percent to 36 percent.
* An HCT level of 29 percent to 41 percent is normal for a one-year-old baby.
* Children around 10 years of age will have normal HCT levels at 36 percent to 40 percent.
* Adult females should have around 38 percent to 46 percent HCT levels for normalcy.
* Adult males can have normal HCT levels when it is at 42 percent to 54 percent.

Thanks!

You said they dont check crit. I told you what the # was they checked and i asked if that was goblin.

They wouldnt let me donate at 33, i was able at 38 the min.

Whats so hard to understand?

a globin number of 33 is hard for me to understand

# Newborns: 17-22 gm/dl
# One (1) week of age: 15-20 gm/dl
# One (1) month of age: 11-15gm/dl
# Children: 11-13 gm/dl
# Adult males: 14-18 gm/dl
# Adult women: 12-16 gm/dl
# Men after middle age: 12.4-14.9 gm/dl
# Women after middle age: 11.7-13.8 gm/d

as you can see, take 14 or 18 and multiply by three, you get 42 or 54, my above crit numbers, thats how you know your crit when you donate

soooooooooooooooo, if its not globin, and its not crit, ask them wtf it is and let us know,

Last edited:
American redcross wont take HGB over 17.Every lab has somewhat different reference ranges.I have this prob. all the time redcross wont take me yet the blood doc. says he wont draw me either unless HCT is at 54 or higher.So I have to keep stopping my legit trt for 3-4months at a time which I explained to him is pointless.

Dang, get a new doc!!

getting back to the original question ,does hemotacrit directly raise iron ?
trying to understand this

i was convinced my iron would be low as i am a celiac and it is very common due to malabsorbtion ,i can only think that the high hemotacrit from steroids/b-12 has raised the iron ?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131