over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anybody diet on low fats?

Necrias

Registered
I think a lot of us have been caught up in the hype and popularity of keto/low carb dieting, and we have forgotten about the basics and old school approaches. I prepped myself for my first show back in April, and have always figured that since I have been a fat kid/endomorph my whole life, that I would need to use a low carb approach. I had dieted down in the past using this method, I managed to lose weight and get lean (not stage ready) but always felt I lost a ton of size as well. I started with this approach for prep, and here is a timetable of how things went...

14 weeks out:
235 lb @15% (measured via 7 site test)
macros: 330p/100-200c/100f (2620-3020 cals)
Training: 5-6 days, 30-45 min cardio/day

10 weeks out:
220 lb @12%
macros: 330p/50-150c/90f (2330-2730 cals)
Training: 5-6 days, 60-90 min cardio

8 weeks out:
210@10%
(At this point I was frustrated because I looked a lot smaller but not much leaner. Someone suggested upping cals and training 2x/day, so that's what I started at this point.)
macros: 350p/200-300c/75f (2875-3275 cals)
Training: 2x/day 5 days/week, cardio still 60-90

6 weeks out:
208 @8%
(I looked and felt MUCH better at this point, but I was behind schedule and knew I needed to pull some cals to catch up, so I took it out of the fats)
Macros: 300p/100-300c/40f (1960-2760 cals)
Training: same, cardio 90 min/day

4 weeks out:
200 @6-7%
(I was now holding 90% of my fat in my low back/glutes, so instead of maintaining my present course which was working GREAT, I decided to push even harder. BIG MISTAKE.)
Macros: 300p/50-150c/30f (1670-2070cals)
Training: same but had no energy or intensity, cardio 90-120 min

1 week out:
192 @6%
(I looked stringy as fuck and felt even worse. I pushed on and carbed up starting 3 days out with 150-200g carbs. I looked pretty good the night before the show but had too many carbs the morning of.)

I learned a lot from this experience, and will definitely come in bigger and better next year. There are other mistakes I made which contributed to not coming in as big or lean as I wanted, but that is a topic for another thread. I certainly don't advocate cutting out ALL fats, but bringing them down into the 30-50g range and focusing on EFAs really worked for me. I do think you need to take this day by day and meal by meal, since going low fats for an extended period of time can have the same deleterious effects as low carbs on the body, and I am not afraid to eat some bacon and eggs with some red meat if I feel "off". I am also not afraid to pull out some carbs if I feel like I don't need as much.

Another thing I learned: make small adjustments day by day (going up or down 50-100g carbs each day) rather being in a large deficit 5-6 days a week then refeeding. This caused massive rebounds and weight shifts for me that makes it hard to determine what is working and what isn't. I also stopped relying on the scale and instead started using my morning belly measurement to gauge progress since that is where I store the vast majority of my fat.

Does anybody else diet with low fats? Either off season or prep

Last edited:
I also stopped relying on the scale and instead started using my morning belly measurement to gauge progress since that is where I store the vast majority of my fat.

how much did this change on a daily/weekly basis?

i cut on high carb low fat

around 2200-2500 calories
250g protein, basically i eat whatever i want for the remaining kcals but its probably 80% carbs

i get to a true 7% that way pretty easily
with t3 at highish dosages and tren its a breeze
without tren prepare your a$$ for muscle loss

dont even need to do cardio, maybe 90mins a week max

This curerent prep im in my coach has me doing high protein high carb lowish fats

my only fats come from 4 whole eggs morning and a tbs evoo at last meal, not counting trace fats in oats and chicken etc.

My carbs started around 450 and are down to about 325 now but been getting harder weekly. I think the carbs will stay here for a while and cardio will come up to bring fat off

250g protein, basically i eat whatever i want for the remaining kcals but its probably 80% carbs

Sound a lot like my plan going into the future... except more cals and probably more cardio, cuz let's face it, I like to eat :D

This curerent prep im in my coach has me doing high protein high carb lowish fats

my only fats come from 4 whole eggs morning and a tbs evoo at last meal, not counting trace fats in oats and chicken etc.

My carbs started around 450 and are down to about 325 now but been getting harder weekly. I think the carbs will stay here for a while and cardio will come up to bring fat off

How many weeks out right now?

How many weeks out right now?

pretty far out, i like a 20 week diet nice and slow, i have a log in the members section with my diet and cardio, supplement protocol if u wanna follow it

Your problem is that you started doing cardio extensively when you started. you didn't have a set calories intake and you started your prep late considering you didn't have a set in stone plan..
90g of fat is not low ; that's 8 servings of peanut butter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I competed for years and never used Tren - and I did OK.. Back in the 90s I knew a lot of guys that didn't use Tren.. One of my buddies just won his class at Jr. Nats and gets so shredded that he looks like a corpse - he doesn't ever use tren

High carb low fat hear. 500 carbs plus regard on 1000 once a week and less than 10g fat. Drop bf real fast this way

I guess everyone is different and you need to find out what works for you.

Been on high fat, moderate protein low carb diet for some time now -with occasional carb up days.

love it, feel great and my blood work gives me a high five as well.

Chip

Your problem is that you started doing cardio extensively when you started. you didn't have a set calories intake and you started your prep late considering you didn't have a set in stone plan..
90g of fat is not low ; that's 8 servings of peanut butter...

You obviously didn't read the entire post. I was down to 30g at the end. I think you missed the entire point.

I'm to scared to try the high carb cut. I know George Farrah does like a 50/30/20 thing with high carb moderate protein and low fat.

This past contest prep, I used a high carb/moderate protein (never over 250g)/low fat approach and frankly, I loved it and my conditioning was the best its ever been. I say try it and worst case scenario you know never to try it again lol :)

I am planning on trying this approach this spring. I have always cut on low carbs with higher fat and protein. Something around 40p/40f/20c but with a few carb ups. I have always gotten very lean but my energy and strength suffered. I am hoping to retain more muscle mass and basically I want to try a different approach as I know this (higher carb) works for lots of people.

I competed for years and never used Tren - and I did OK.. Back in the 90s I knew a lot of guys that didn't use Tren.. One of my buddies just won his class at Jr. Nats and gets so shredded that he looks like a corpse - he doesn't ever use tren

i dont want to look like a corpse.
thats why i use tren ;)

im NOT saying tren is a necessity for bodybuilding (well, for top tier pro bodybuilding IT IS.)

im saying tren is a necessity with HIGH T3 USE
high t3 without tren = have fun blasting off your muscle

I diet down on a high protein/carb and eat low fats.

Low carb makes me tired grumpy etc. With higher carbs I feel fuller. Stronger. Mentally I'm not a mess. I mean beyond a point you're always hungry but low fats its hard.

Looking stringy might be too low fats. Keep some peanut butter in your diet.

i dont want to look like a corpse.
thats why i use tren ;)

im NOT saying tren is a necessity for bodybuilding (well, for top tier pro bodybuilding IT IS.)

im saying tren is a necessity with HIGH T3 USE
high t3 without tren = have fun blasting off your muscle

How long you been doing this? Ever competed?

I don't mean to be a dick man - but I just think there are a lot of "experts" now-a-days...

And when I say he looks like death - it means his skin is so thin he is transparent... Pretty sure you would love to have his level of muscularity too ;) unless you've won a larger show than Jr. Nats :D

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner