YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anybody ever slap themselves on purpose during a workout?

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I was just working out at home for the first time, and my wife said that I look angry when I am doing it. I told her its not anger, just focus but that sometimes toward the end of a workout when I am flat out of gas and need a little push; I will slap myself in the face to make myself angry and give me that last push I need to finish strong. She was laughing hysterically and thought I was completely insane, which is probably true; but not because of that. I can't say I have seen anybody do that before, but I don't work out at a hardcore gym nor do I pay much attention to others when at the gym. I'm curious, do others do anything similar? I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this, but starting to wonder.

I’ve got 36 years in the game and I’ve never slapped myself during a workout ..... I’ve never witnessed others do it either come to think of it

My buddy slapped me once on the back before a big deadlift. Think it screwed up my focus more then anything lol

Mentally I’ll slap myself or talk trash.
But I’ve never head butted bars or tries to cause physical pain. Mental pain- YES

But I’ve never head butted bars or tries to cause physical pain. Mental pain- YES

I don't do it hard or cause real pain, just enough to fire me up and do some self talk along with it saying like, "Let's fucking go!"; just a means to help me dig deeper.

Sounds like a kink.

The linebackers used to slap each other in the locker room before going onto the field in high school. We enjoyed it. We were all best friends. At the time it was some pretty intense stuff from the heart . We were intense. And we meant it. The energy and intensity we generated helped our team elevate our focus. But no Iv never done it in the gym before but if anyone wants me to slap them in the gym before they train I’d be happy to lend my expertise. Lol

Before a heavy bench I will slap the sides of my shins as hard as I can and if need be slap my bald head too. Great way to get yourself amped up and physically ready for pain/intensity/heavy load under force.

Have you seen people head butt bars? That must look really stupid lol. Talk about the 'meathead' stereotype being confirmed.

Just sniff ammonia or throw water on face. Slapping yourself is just going to draw a lot of unnecessary attention to yourself.

She was laughing hysterically and thought I was completely insane, which is probably true;
Let's see......most of us work our asses off all day at our job, then after that abuse we go to the gym and lift heavy sh*t. Others of us wake up at 4 a.m. to go lift heavy sh*t, then go to our jobs and work all day.

Yup.....I'd say we are all a little insane :) But at least all of us here get it

Just sniff ammonia or throw water on face. Slapping yourself is just going to draw a lot of unnecessary attention to yourself.
well he did say he was working out at home :)

I work out at home and I will often give myself words of encouragement like "come on man! come on!" right before a lift if I'm dragging ass. It actually really helps to get fired up inside. I've done that kind of trick with many different sports. My toddler son loves to watch and he will flex with me before I do a lift. Its great motivation having a workout buddy that thinks you're the strongest human on the planet.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear