advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anybody run a no/very low carb diet year round?

Crux

Newbies
I met a guys yesterday that lives on a near zero carb diet because he has bad seizures. He said until he was in his 30's he was just on meds for it and they kept him fat. When he was 38 he had been doing research and decided to try a Ketogenic diet , after a couple months he had lost significant fat and had zero seizures at which point he backed off the dose of his meds.

He is now 43 and doesn't take any seizure meds and hasn't had one in over a year.!! H is a pretty big guy 6 foot or so easy 200 pounds with decent abs , he admits to adding a little "extra" to his prescribed TRT and some anavar during the summer but swears he can eat very comfortable pretty much everywhere he goes.

I know a lot of guys diet with ketosis but I was wondering if anybody ever made it a steady life style , seems like the science says its a healthy choice.

ALSO , he says his diet is more of a higher protein moderate fat than a typical high fat moderate protein that's normaly associated with a ketosis diet

Check out NY muscles thread on this. He does a keto and intermittent fasting diet as part of his regimen

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Curious too. I find it so hard to avoid carbs when living a lifestyle eating out often, but maybe one day. Keto has actually been shown to cure cancers

Gironda did for a few decades.

**broken link removed**

I should...but I just can't!

Been doing about 4 years straight, although I do have cheat days sometime 2 but never more then 2 the other 5 days are less then 30gr. Carbs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

100 or less everyday (including fiber). On non workout days it's like 30 grams or less.

I try keep carbs low, mainly due to the fact i feel 10X better energy wise, mood wise and appetite is much more manageable on high protein, moderate fat, low carbs.
Also i feel that my body responds better to that type of diet in terms of digestion, muscle fullness and to a certain degree, recovery.
I sometimes have a carb meal pre or post workout if i feel like im dragging ass and gym performance is lacking, or for the sake of wanting some pancakes or its a social event etc.
Just my experience. :headbang:

I've been on a low carb diet for a couple months now and at first it was rough but then my body adjusted and it's helped my mood and energy. On lifting days I'll have waxy maize carb powder before and after my workouts and that's it for carbs. On non lifting days I'll be at around 20g of carbs with about 300-350 protein and a decent amount of fat with the main source being macadamia nut oil.

I did prep with pretty much keto once at least last 8 weeks and was living hell. I come to realization my body responds better to lower protein moderate to higher carbs and low fats. Blood work has improved, I am stronger as well as last prep I looked 1000x better. So for the no carb life mmm ya'll can have it lesson learned that aint for me. Now I can go a few days here and there on very low carb and be just fine but the no mmm BLOWS! But also I follow a blood type diet sort of and I am A- so I utilize carbs better than most and do not do well with a lot of proteins or a ton of fats.

Low carb is the only way to MAINTAIN VERY LOW BODYFAT Easily.

When you train on a lowcarb diet you will gain Muscle very slowly, But at the same time stay the same weight you are, so its a recomposition of the body.

You gain muscle and lose fat is possible.

I prefer my diet low carb, Medium fat and high protein.

I do keto and IF all year round. Love it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

ALSO , he says his diet is more of a higher protein moderate fat than a typical high fat moderate protein that's normaly associated with a ketosis diet

Correct, sounds like he follows my protocol. I keep fat lower than most keto zealots.

I met a guys yesterday that lives on a near zero carb diet because he has bad seizures. He said until he was in his 30's he was just on meds for it and they kept him fat. When he was 38 he had been doing research and decided to try a Ketogenic diet , after a couple months he had lost significant fat and had zero seizures at which point he backed off the dose of his meds.

He is now 43 and doesn't take any seizure meds and hasn't had one in over a year.!! H is a pretty big guy 6 foot or so easy 200 pounds with decent abs , he admits to adding a little "extra" to his prescribed TRT and some anavar during the summer but swears he can eat very comfortable pretty much everywhere he goes.

I know a lot of guys diet with ketosis but I was wondering if anybody ever made it a steady life style , seems like the science says its a healthy choice.

For reasons that are still unclear, ketosis has an antiepileptic effect, working to control seizures when drugs fail. Ketosis occurs when you don't have enough sugar (glucose) for energy, so your body breaks down stored fat, causing ketones to build up in your body.The trick here is not only to avoid all obvious sourced of carbohydrate (sweets, bread, spaghetti, rice, potatoes), but also to be careful with your protein intake. If you eat large amounts of meat, eggs and the like, the excess protein will converted into glucose in the body. Large amounts of protein can also raise your insulin levels somewhat. This compromises optimal ketosis.
To encourage ketone production, the amount of insulin in your bloodstream must be low. The lower your insulin, the higher your ketone production. And when you have a well-controlled, sufficiently large amount of ketones in your blood, it’s basically proof that your insulin is very low – and therefore, that you’re enjoying the maximum effect of your low-carbohydrate diet.

For reasons that are still unclear, ketosis has an antiepileptic effect, working to control seizures when drugs fail. Ketosis occurs when you don't have enough sugar (glucose) for energy, so your body breaks down stored fat, causing ketones to build up in your body.The trick here is not only to avoid all obvious sourced of carbohydrate (sweets, bread, spaghetti, rice, potatoes), but also to be careful with your protein intake. If you eat large amounts of meat, eggs and the like, the excess protein will converted into glucose in the body. Large amounts of protein can also raise your insulin levels somewhat. This compromises optimal ketosis.
To encourage ketone production, the amount of insulin in your bloodstream must be low. The lower your insulin, the higher your ketone production. And when you have a well-controlled, sufficiently large amount of ketones in your blood, it’s basically proof that your insulin is very low – and therefore, that you’re enjoying the maximum effect of your low-carbohydrate diet.

Old myth still being spread. Unless you are a diabetic, protein is not an issue
and neither is gluconeogenesis.

Regarding excess protein -> glucose http://www.ketotic.org/2012/08/if-you-eat-excess-protein-does-it-turn.html

The body mostly turns protein into glucose based on need: http://caloriesproper.com/dietary-protein-does-not-negatively-impact-blood-glucose-control/ It is hard to eat enough excess protein to remove you from ketosis entirely, often it doesn't change anything: http://caloriesproper.com/dietary-protein-does-not-negatively-impact-blood-glucose-control/

And of course, the genius, Peter, says the same, aminos CAN provide oxalaoacetate to reduce ketogenesis, but the question is, does this happen in the liver? http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2015/02/ketosis-and-protein.html

I happily accept any other articles that state the contrary of what is being proposed here. However, the evidence and biochemistry stands to reason: it is quite difficult to over consume protein to the point of being out of ketosis.

http://youtu.be/4JE-wdA3PHw http://examine.com/faq/how-much-protein-can-i-eat-in-one-sitting/

https://youtu.be/mjmV8BlsJTQ http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-p rotein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Finally...The human evidence on reasonable variations in protein consumption disagree. The rate of GNG is relatively fixed and is NOT affected by supply! There is not a single study in humans (and none in rats/frogs/pigs/et that I'm aware of) which indicate too much protein does anything but spike blood glucose moderately. The only study I've seen that tested both insulin and glucagon indicates that the I/G ratio is preserved, meaning the BG spike does not "kick you out of ketosis."

Too much fear mongering in the keto world about gluconeogenesis(GNG). I call those people "GNG Truthers". Just like those who eat a carb based diet and tell you that eating no carbs is bad for you, the keto world has GNG Truthers that tell you too much protein or even moderate amounts will kick you out of ketosis (rolls eyes). I ran a little experiment. Higher than normal protein consumption. 100-150 grams of whey PER MEAL.... Did blood ketone tests over 50 times. ....ouch. Zero issues on my blood ketone levels and even blood glucose. I wish more people would do this because GNG is like the Loch Ness monster of the keto world.

a true keto diet is about 70-80 fat -20-30 % protein . my brother does it.

excess protein does knock the body of a ketosis, buy some ketosis strips at cvs, walgreens, walmart, etc and report back

the bodybuilder version is more of a bodybuilder keto diet and does work for holding more muscle. Back in the 80's the fade was high carbs and protein, lowfats. Now a days its high protein, moderate fat low carbs. Ive done both and have gotten results on both. I know when I take in more carbs and less fat than less carbs and more fat , performance seems stronger in the gym

as for the last month or so carbs and fats need to be both low and you gotta suffa

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity