over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone actually run anymore?

Last time i dieted down hard for the summer was last year, it was also my first show...did no running or intervals, all LISS cardio for 45+ mins.

This spring, altho im not dieting for a show (im still pretty damn lean), i switched to HIIT cardio 2 times a week and LISS 2 times a week. Both under 25 min sessions. Have gotten leaner FASTER.

plus running makes me feel like an athlete again. i played DI football and i miss sprinting as crazy as that sounds.

Makes sense

Last time i dieted down hard for the summer was last year, it was also my first show...did no running or intervals, all LISS cardio for 45+ mins.

This spring, altho im not dieting for a show (im still pretty damn lean), i switched to HIIT cardio 2 times a week and LISS 2 times a week. Both under 25 min sessions. Have gotten leaner FASTER.

plus running makes me feel like an athlete again. i played DI football and i miss sprinting as crazy as that sounds.

There is something about those Big Sky Offensive Lineman.. I hear they are genetically gifted individuals :D

bumping an old thread......

i run for the sheer pleasure of it.

i run for the exhilaration of moving fast under my own power.

i run outside in all conditions because it makes me feel young, makes me feel like i'm part of nature, makes me feel alive.

i run to escape everything in my life, even if it is for just a moment.

i run for the feeling of freedom.

i run to feel the wind through my hair, and sun on my skin.

i run because it's difficult.

I don't run!! Hurts the knees, hips, shins, feet!!!!!! Always has! Every football season I would get shin splints real bad. Although they didn't have the shoes they have now. Back then we just tied deer skin to our feet :rolleyes:

Love to bike and hike out doors but running is for the birds!!

Hell if I could fly I sure as hell wouldn't run!! :D

I only run a few times a year :) Navy PRT and when I got some bad protein.

I run 2-3 days a week anymore than that knees and back hurt

Not for me. I did enough running for ten people when I was in the Marines.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

this is my response as well, damn marines wanting me to run every morning at the ass crack of dawn (usually before the ass even cracks), go on 20 mile rucks, and obstacle courses till the cows came home. my years in the military were not very productive years for bodybuilding, and I never want to run again. I do, however, go on long swims in the summer in my lake for cardio.

I can't stand to run as it just bores the shit out of me, now I can run bleachers as it's more intense... give me a bike to ride the roads out here in the country and I'll ride until I'm blue in the face....a bicycle that is...lol

I've never been a runner.. don't have the stamina for it.

I'll run to the buffet if someone looks like they're going for the last of the sweet and sour chicken...

I need to be able to run like 4 miles for a career I want, well at least in the beginning in order to get hired, I don't need to keep it up.
I have to start training for it soon. I am hoping I can get really lean and a fitness mag type body and not just look like skinny bastard. Maybe keep some decent lifts going and keep making progress on lifts or losing BF.

I guess I should not run on empty stomach if I wanna keep muscle? BCAA's or a protein Meal?

Last edited:
i run

Can't do it, kills my knees

I can't run much because right knee is missing 65-75% of meniscus... Friend of mine got me to try cycling, and i gotta say i really enjoy road biking. I used to make fun of the "homos" in biking shorts and helmets, but now i'm wearing that crap - shorts have butt and nut padding, have a spill doing 20 mph and you'll understand why helmets are worn...

Just about to get off my ass and go get back on the bike, like this am, 3 month lay off, used the excuse it was too cold:D

I play basketball which requires allot of running.
About an hour 3x a week.

I don't know if its hindering my gains but it keeps the fat off.

I don't mean 10-30 min walking on a treadmill or comfortable pace on an elliptical..

This is exactly why many people don't get the benefits they should from cradio, you can't be "comfortable" on the elliptical, you have to push yourself. There is no reason the elliptical should be any easier than running unless you are being lazy.

Here is a hint, if you are able to read or follow a TV show while on there, it is way too easy.

This is exactly why many people don't get the benefits they should from cradio, you can't be "comfortable" on the elliptical, you have to push yourself. There is no reason the elliptical should be any easier than running unless you are being lazy.

Here is a hint, if you are able to read or follow a TV show while on there, it is way too easy.

I like to do the stepper at a nice slow pace while watching a tv show but every 10 minutes sprint for 100 calories. I dont go by time on my sprints I go for cals burned just a goal i like to set. Normally pace at 40 steps per min but then jump it to 100-110 steps per min.

Then the carls jr commercials shows with the hot girl eating a burger and all i can see is the damn burger in the commercial.

I do a fair bit of running each week along with also the elliptical. Running is in my genes. My genes werent built for bodybuilding. which is pretty annoying but ill keep trying to grow bigger. I used to have a natural runners build. 6ft tall long legs about 145lbs, used to be very skinny. Now about 6ft tall and 220lbs at about 11%. The only time that I dont run after training is on legs days or if my knees are playing up, then I switch to elliptical. Also when I say running I mean running, not jogging. Usually 3kms in about 10 mins post training

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws