over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

does anyone eat quinoa

I absorb my cous cous in Chicken Stock and cover it with cling wrap and it always cooked it perfectly. You dont need to cooked it long enough and it usually takes 8 mins for me.

takes a little longer then 8 minutes, but everyone already said they are different things. Not as soft as cous cous. the chix stock thing sounds like a good plan. gonna try it instead of water tomorrow

Actually I was wrong mate. I thought quinoa was cous cous type, but its similar but not the same. It is similar to Cous Cous and Bulgur. I am learning something new every day. All is well at my end mate! and you?

Things are great-I just opened a gourmet catering business here in the U.S. and business is good. Glad things are well with you! Are you looking forward to the warmer weather down under?

takes a little longer then 8 minutes, but everyone already said they are different things. Not as soft as cous cous. the chix stock thing sounds like a good plan. gonna try it instead of water tomorrow

They are different type but you are right. Yep I put Chicken stock in to get a better flavour rather than plain water.

Things are great-I just opened a gourmet catering business here in the U.S. and business is good. Glad things are well with you! Are you looking forward to the warmer weather down under?

Ah cool! Wish your business some success mate. Let me know if you need some advice or recipes etc just pm me! Yep winter is over and glad it's starting to get warmer and really looking forward to Summer.

Ah cool! Wish your business some success mate. Let me know if you need some advice or recipes etc just pm me! Yep winter is over and glad it's starting to get warmer and really looking forward to Summer.

Thanks for the well wishes-I will certainly take you up on the recipe offer!

Yep I put Chicken stock in to get a better flavour rather than plain water.

I like the chicken stock to steam my veggies also... Gives new life to old flavors.

Edit: seems this grains not well known in Colombia. I have talked to half a dozen family members & non have heard of it...

Last edited:
Doh lol I thought it was the same, my bad! Reading some stuff about it. Couscous is actually a form of pasta, made from wheat. Quinoa is a whole grain. Couscous is traditionally from Morocco. Quinoa is from South America. Unless your couscous is whole-grain, quinoa is better. Quinoa is very high in protein. I've never had quinoa.

So i guess I was wrong even though I am a bloody Chef. :banghead:

no worries, I grew up in the restaurant business and had no idea what it was until a few years back. Get your hands on some and try it out. You should be able to find it boxed in the organic section of your supermarket. It generally comes with a packet of spices, which I toss aside and whip up my own flavor.

Try quinoa (pronounced keenwa) cooked in chicken stock with cumin, chipotle and or ancho chile powder, diced seeded tomato, black beans, Right at the end of cooking add lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro and grilled chicken breast (season with salt and pepper to taste). You can add raw diced chicken to this when you start to cook the quinoa if you dont feel like grilling the chicken. This is a great one pot dinner loaded with low gi carbs and tons of protein.

That sounds tasty. I've been trying to think of ways to incorporate it, I made add a bit of onion to the above. This is the type of thing I can bring to work easily and eat for a couple of days.

That sounds tasty. I've been trying to think of ways to incorporate it, I made add a bit of onion to the above. This is the type of thing I can bring to work easily and eat for a couple of days.

You can saute the onion along with the uncooked quinoa if you like. The sauteing of the quinoa along with the onion will give the quinoa an even stronger nuttier flavor. If you are going to eat it cold, season it a little stronger as the flavors dont come out as much when its cold!

I usually eat it when i am cutting down as a substitute for rice. You just need to find 2-3 different ways to prep it so it doesnt get so repetitive eating it. You can even cook it in a rice cooker. However, I still prefer my Jasmine rice over all in terms of flavor and aroma. I sincerely thank David Henry for pointing that out in his 'extreme measures' video. A good watch if you havent seen it.

Love the stuff... Saute garlic, onion and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil then add to cooked quinoa. Cooking / soaking in chicken stock is definitely worth the effort.

FYI - health food stores typically sell it by the pound much cheaper than the boxed product at the supermarket.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws