advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone else always have issues with quad injections?

For me, quads are the easiest, yet at the same time take the most care. I'm not super lean so I have to study my leg real hard to make sure I avoid the obvious veins. Even still, I've hit my share of veins despite my best efforts.

**broken link removed**

I never hit my quads anymore I used to but every time would end up limping around even with 1/2cc now I just hit everywhere else I can do 1cc in my calves with no problem for the most part depending on how much I am pinning each week I just rotate with Glutes shoulders calves and then when I do more frequently or trying to get certain body parts to grow more I pin biceps triceps lats traps but my calves are relatively small so I keep them in rotation most of the time but quads no more wish I could figure out how to pin without limping for a few days after but haven't found it yet sorry bro and anyone figure it out let me know thanks guys

wow I`m surprised how many off don`t like pinning quads. I love em! Easy to get at, not any more painful than any place else. The idea of pinning lats hurts more than an actual quad shot for me.

Me too brother. Lats and bis just sound painful. Ive been looking in to the ventrogluteal and think i will add that to my rotation. Wife usually does my glutes for me. I pin quads and never have any pain about 10 inches or so from the top of the crest. I can pretty much see the veins close to the surface. Seems to go ok.

I only hit my quads, much easier to control and steady the syringe than glute delta or tris..

Quads always work well for me. I always go about 2-3 inches down from the crease on the outside. I only get pip when it's prop. Otherwise no problems at all.

When I first injected into the quads, I was likely too close to the outside of the lateralis, towards the IT band and had some discomfort. Once I moved about an inch inward, into the meatier part of the quad, I'm good. LOTS of nerves there, but nothing serious when injecting, possibly a numbing sensation that is negligible at worst and gone within a minute or two.

Practically every quad shot I've ever done has either bled a ton, hit a nerve, or been extremely sore. I hate quad injects

Hate them I can pin 4ml in rear delts without a problem. Quads I'm jacked up for at least a week

Yeah you're doing it wrong. You got to find the right areas. There's usually 2 spots that are both higher upper on the quad that don't cause much pain. Once I find them and show them to people it becomes one of their favorite sites.

I have routinely put in 3cc . Not suggesting this but saying it's possible. Today I will be putting 1cc curcumin, 1cc glutathione, 0.5cc resveratrol , 0.3cc vitamin b12 and 0.25cc of my prescribed hormone replacement therapy.

That's a little over 3cc and today it's going in quad.

Avoid it if you're having trouble.

Took your advice and went a little higher on the quad and what a difference. I never really experienced too much pip before with coconut oil but it was still uncomfortable doing it. Went a little higher and it was a breeze. Too bad I just tortured myself for 13 weeks. Hahaha.

Hate them I can pin 4ml in rear delts without a problem. Quads I'm jacked up for at least a week

4cc in the rear delt?
What?
lol interesting...

Make a fist hold out your thumb arms down point to the side of your quad and x marks the spot. Use at least a 1" to 1 1/2" pin and push past the nerve if you hit it deeper less chance of hitting a vein. Tried my bicep once on advice from a friend and saw stars. Quads and delts easiest places to hit.

Dear dee,

Although your method may work, this is an actually an "incorrect method" for vastus lateralis injections. I would not advise that you continue doing it this way as this is not what is taught nowadays(correct me if I am wrong and there are some institutions that teach this).

After following the instructions you listed and placing my finger on the spot you are suggesting, I found that it was far off from the more appropriate location where injections should be administered in the quadricep.

-Trinity

7-8 out of 10 times I pin quads I have pip and swelling that lasts about a week. I can hit the same gear in the shoulder with no problem. Lateralis is easy to get to, but I can't be limping. Anyone?

Change your needle length, you are probably repeatedly hitting the same scare tissue, alternate between 1/2", 1", and 1.5" (note you must be lean to use 1/2").

I first started ONLY doing left quad right quad... over and over. I think thats why now years later I can't touch them at all. I can get the need in and I can put some pressure on the plunger but the oil will not go in at all!! Probably sitting in scar tissue.

Same here. I got so much scar tissue in my quads that it felt like sticking a cork.

it hurts like hell for me, last time i did quad, i was having problem running around for a couple of days. Sometimes you have to do it like if you are doing injections ed or eod.

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm in the minority because quads have become my favorite site. 1/2" 29ga slin pin eod w/o any issues.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws