advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone else do one exercise workouts?

I think people do too many exercises, especially for small muscles like biceps. I don't see the need for 5 different exercises or whatever. One exercise might be plenty or even optimal, all there is for direct bicep work is curls anyway, there's not necessarily a need to hit it from "many angles" in the same workout.

I remember a Tom Platz leg routine he wrote about. It was 2 sets of 50 reps on squats, that's it.

Quality over quantity, always.

Regarding deadlifts for back that was mentioned. There's a bunch of experts who say it's not a back exercise period. Does nothing for upper back, there's little to no movement for the upper back and lat muscles, and it's just a static hold when it comes to the erectors too. Now I love deadlifts, they are like a religion to me, but I see their point anyway.
Deadlifts are mainly a hamstring and glute exercise.

There's this guy named Doug Brignole who talked about it. Said that to train the erectors you should do a certain type of rolling motion with you lower back with no weight at all, that way the erectors actually move, stretch and shorten :D the videos are on youtube. This fella
It depends on how the deadlift is worked. Pull with the lats and traps as contracted as you possibly can and you WILL feel it in the upper back the next day. Deads work the entire back if performed properly!

It depends on how the deadlift is worked. Pull with the lats and traps as contracted as you possibly can and you WILL feel it in the upper back the next day. Deads work the entire back if performed properly!
I know when I used to do them I’d feel my whole backside fire and it would be torched for days.

Cornelius Parkin used to have me do an abbreviated routines for 4 weeks or so

Push: dips...go to failure around 15 reps. 2 minute rest, go again. Sets until 70 reps achieved.

4 sets of shoulder laterals.

4 sets close grip bench.

Pull: deadlift the same as dips.

Lat pulldown: 4 sets

3-4 sets bicep curls.

Legs: squats same as dips

Leg curl: 4 sets

Calves 4 sets

I lifted EOD. It was brutal
I'm stealing this...........sort of. I do three work sets instead of four. Now I'm going to do your 70 rep exercise except shorter rest.......maybe a minute, and I'm going to do it for one of the bodyparts each workout and rotate through so that I do it every third workout for a particular bodypart. Seems like a good way to mix things up.

I'm stealing this...........sort of. I do three work sets instead of four. Now I'm going to do your 70 rep exercise except shorter rest.......maybe a minute, and I'm going to do it for one of the bodyparts each workout and rotate through so that I do it every third workout for a particular bodypart. Seems like a good way to mix things up.

I really liked it. All we did was add a little weight each week. Dont really track all the sets. I always either tried to tie or best the first two sets, then fatigue just wrecked the rest of the 40 reps lol.It was fun. Just throw your weight on the bar, habe an epic playlist and snort your pre workout.

True but we are talking about hitting the entire back optimally. For the sake of an additional 5 mins max why not just do deadlifts then some sort of direct lat row or pulldown. 2 warm up sets and 1 working set and your lats will be on fire and it took 5 mins max. If someone wants to do a pull workout then another 5 mins and do 1 bi-cep workout. No one is stating you can't just hit deadlifts and have a great workout but to optimally train the entire area I think it's only beneficial adding in a movement (or 2).

Sure you will feel it, question is if this type of isometric loading does much for hypertrophy. I have deadlifted more than most. Weekly deadlifts from age 15 to now at 43. Some periods I did deads 3 days a week. All different types of variations. I did a 12 year stretch of deads where I deadlifted at least 300kg (660lbs) from the floor basically every single week those 12 years. Safe to say I love them, my religion

Conventional, sumo, elevated, rack lifts, snatch grip, straight leg, stiff leg, Rumanian, Dimel deads, reverse deads started at the top, negatives, paused at different points, even intentionally rounded back, banded, reverse banded, bands over hips, overhand, mixed grip, hook grip, every conceivable variation.

Sure you will feel it, question is if this type of isometric loading does much for hypertrophy. I have deadlifted more than most. Weekly deadlifts from age 15 to now at 43. Some periods I did deads 3 days a week. All different types of variations. I did a 12 year stretch of deads where I deadlifted at least 300kg (660lbs) from the floor basically every single week those 12 years. Safe to say I love them, my religion

Conventional, sumo, elevated, rack lifts, snatch grip, straight leg, stiff leg, Rumanian, Dimel deads, reverse deads started at the top, negatives, paused at different points, even intentionally rounded back, banded, reverse banded, bands over hips, overhand, mixed grip, hook grip, every conceivable variation.
Then you, as much or more than anybody on this board, should know just what all that deadlifting has done for your upper back musculature

Personally, dumbbell squats have been much more effective in this regard, simply because of the ability to swing the dumbbells forward on the descent, thereby giving the upper back a targeted range of motion. Perhaps second, only to power cleans, for 'non-specific' upper back hypertrophy

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws