YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone else do one exercise workouts?

Dadbod3000

Banned
I find I can focus and give 100%. Typically in the 5 set range. I then change the exercise for the bodypart the next workout. Does anyone else ever find they are training this way sometimes?

Doesnt seem conducive to BBing goals. Maybe just being a regular gym rat, it might work.
I also think that if having more than 1 exercise means you have less focus in the gym, something is wrong.

I usually do one exercise per bodypart for three worksets, three bodyparts per workout.
But there are also times I do three exercises for one workset. Depends on my mood.

Not one exercise workouts. But lately I only do 1 or two "work" sets per exercise (in which I go past failure), 2 exercises per
muscle group.

Right now I'm doing

push- chest, ,front delt, side delt, triceps
I don't do any direct/isolation front delt exercises, they get worked plenty from other movements.

pull (back, bicep, rear delt)

legs - I do more exercises than upper body parts but still relatively low volume

Quads. Training in the garage and working through some knee issues, 10 sets light squats, 30sec rest periods. Would enjoy more variety as it does get boring but right now it just aint in the cards.

I'm pretty sure doing only deadlifts for your back would result in good results.

Its not like I am only doing one exercise per bodypart just one exercise per workout. Like if I do flat bench one day I will do dips another day and incline another still hitting different ways just not same workout. Switch it up like I do straight bar curls and dumbells and pullups but two different days and deadlifts would be another day just pick a different exercise each day

I have done 1 exercises workouts. I have done 10 sets of squats and don't figure that I really missed anything in the quads and hips.

I do a full body workout, so it is one movement per bodypart. Instead of a marathon chest workout like most people do, 3 sets for chest and on to the next thing. I like this as I am fresh and at my strongest for each movement, can really put in 100%. repeat 3-4 times a week. But not just one exercise for the day.

deadlifts i do solo on a day.

Back when I used to be a garbage man I had about a year where I would go into the gym and do one exercise per workout there was a bench day, deadlift day, over head press day, and squat day. I ate a ton and I grew. In fact I think it was the biggest and strongest I’ve ever been. To add to this though I was slinging trash cans 12-14 hours a day.
I’d slowly work my way up to a single or 3rep max and then do a set of 50-75% for amrap depending on how I felt that day. I’d deload or take 7 days off every 4th week. I didn’t log my weights I’d just base it off of what I was able to do that day.

Doesnt seem conducive to BBing goals. Maybe just being a regular gym rat, it might work.
I also think that if having more than 1 exercise means you have less focus in the gym, something is wrong.
so dc trainng is shit then in your opinion?

I might be wrong but I’ve said it before and until It’s explained to me otherwise I’ll continue to believe it. Volume is there to make up for lack of effort and intensity. If you have the ability to completely destroy a body part on one exercise on a single set then there is no need to do anything besides recover. The reason I do more than one set is because I literally cannot put forth the effort to do that.

I change my training every so often but I have and am again doing something like this. It’s not set in stone I can pick and choose or maybe add a second lift that day. Finish with a little isolation. Avoid rows if lower back is bugging me and do pull ups instead. Skip squats that day or do sumo deadlifts instead of conventional for same reasoning. This is multiple times a week. All depends on work schedule and how I feel.

Squat
Bench
deadlift
Barbell rows

Safety squat
incline bench
Pull ups

bench
Close grip bench
Dumbbell rows

Sometimes at the end or on an off day I’ll include cardio/abs/calves. Maybe a quick arm day as well. I enjoy it. Big thing is simply keep in mind you want to be recovered in 2-4 days. This time around I’m learning that squats/deadlifts need 3-4 days but upper can be good to go in 2 days easy.

The OP is going to have to provide a lot more context than what he previously has if you want to get nit picky.
The OP was talking about a 1 exercise...5 sets... then leaving the gym. DC is much more than that.
An upper/lower (where some BP overlap muscle groups) and in the advanced version widowmakers on weak BP and an exercise or two more.

So no, DC isn't shit. Because on an upper day you might do 3 PUSH exercises and 2 back exercises.
Nice try tho.

so dc trainng is shit then in your opinion?

The OP is going to have to provide a lot more context than what he previously has if you want to get nit picky.
The OP was talking about a 1 exercise...5 sets... then leaving the gym. DC is much more than that.
An upper/lower (where some BP overlap muscle groups) and in the advanced version widowmakers on weak BP and an exercise or two more.

So no, DC isn't shit. Because on an upper day you might do 3 PUSH exercises and 2 back exercises.
Nice try tho.
I think you guys are saying the same thing just interpreting it differently. Like you both agree with one exercise per body part a workout just more than one exercise per workout maybe.

Cornelius Parkin used to have me do an abbreviated routines for 4 weeks or so

Push: dips...go to failure around 15 reps. 2 minute rest, go again. Sets until 70 reps achieved.

4 sets of shoulder laterals.

4 sets close grip bench.

Pull: deadlift the same as dips.

Lat pulldown: 4 sets

3-4 sets bicep curls.

Legs: squats same as dips

Leg curl: 4 sets

Calves 4 sets

I lifted EOD. It was brutal

Cornelius Parkin used to have me do an abbreviated routines for 4 weeks or so

Push: dips...go to failure around 15 reps. 2 minute rest, go again. Sets until 70 reps achieved.

4 sets of shoulder laterals.

4 sets close grip bench.

Pull: deadlift the same as dips.

Lat pulldown: 4 sets

3-4 sets bicep curls.

Legs: squats same as dips

Leg curl: 4 sets

Calves 4 sets

I lifted EOD. It was brutal
That's all in one workout??

Staff online

• rAJJIN