over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone else have problems sleeping while dieting for competition

Getnbiggger

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
I am 6 weeks out and having problems sleeping. Between getting up almost hourly to piss and wking in the middle opf the night for WPI Im getting little sleep. Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve sleep while contest dieting and not ruining the diet?

Are you taking any sleep aids? Melatonin?

bro, i dont know anyone who DOESN'T have trouble sleeping during prep. I take melatonin, a lot of it, 12-15mg, before i go to bed and that helps a lot, but regardless, you're not gonna be able to sleep well when dieting, its impossible.

I cant sleep and I'm in off season...on weekends it seems I can sleep fine...b/c I dont have to worry about getting up for something..i get up maybe once or twice to use the bathroom.
On weekdays when I work or have school...I toss and turn constantly..my sholders ache etc...I also wake up every so often in the night to see what time it is...I'm paranoid shitless for some reason about my alarm not going off and me being late..it happened one day to me for school, and ever sense then its bothered me..so I'm guessing its a mental thing for me.
I take ZMA which is a fucking life savor and TPs sleep aid..which helps me some times...another thing is my room is the hottest in the house b/c of my computer. so that's another problem..(I'm in south Ga..hot as hell now)
I found if I take the sleep aid on an empty stomach it helps me alot more..I know ZMA you gota do that..I try to eat at like say 10 30 or 11 and then take it at about 11 30 and I'll lay down at about 11 45 or 12.

Melatonin keeps me up at night for some reason..I'm really nore sure why I take about 5 MGs of it.
Anyway sorry for hi jacking your thread...you arent the only one who deals with this. lol

your having trouble sleeping because your body is hungry. Night time is a very hard time to not splurge. I think everybody goes through it, just look at about 90% of competitors eyes during the show, they have bags under them bigger than I dont know what!! Try melatonin, if that does not work I would make an excuse up and go get a prescription for some ambien from the Dr. Tell him you want 10mg ambien, the 5mg doesnt work for you

your having trouble sleeping because your body is hungry. Night time is a very hard time to not splurge. I think everybody goes through it, just look at about 90% of competitors eyes during the show, they have bags under them bigger than I dont know what!! Try melatonin, if that does not work I would make an excuse up and go get a prescription for some ambien from the Dr. Tell him you want 10mg ambien, the 5mg doesnt work for you

That's a question I'd like answered if someone doesnt mind...does prescription sleep aids affect protein syn or anything else?
My brother takes a non habit forming one and it knocks him out and keeps him out during the night..I'd like to get one too..but I'd like to know first if it'd affect any of my gains or stuff like that.

Not taking anything, perhaps melatonin is the answer....

420 works for me and plenty of other guys I know. :jumpi'g-s

I used to get 8 hours every night...now 5 1/2-6 hrs, I hate it...I wanted to try something, but I have one more show next Saturday, so I figured I'd tough it out one more week and see if I go back to getting 8 hrs of sleep.
May try Melatonin soon.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner