over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone else meal prep this way?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Usually meal prep for bodybuilding is all the same. You pick a day and cook, weigh and package your food for the week.
Quick point, if youre not working from home lunch will be typical meal prep but in my opinion, doing this for breakfast and dinner has been a huge help for me personally.
Rather than do it this way, I menu plan for the upcoming week and figure out how much of each ingredient im going to use for an entire week and just prep that.
Veggies diced, meat trimmed and portioned, carbs weighed out and portioned.
Then, rather than just microwave to reheat something, I can cook my food fresh and it only takes a few extra minutes to eat something hot and fresh, rather than something just microwaved. My typical meal cook time is 11 minutes start to finish.
Meat and fish will be sliced thin to reduce cooking time, veggies will have a smaller chop or dice, carbs will be portioned for just grab and dump. Same thing with sauces and toppings.
Jasmine rice takes all of 15 min and any meat or fish can be done at 3 to 4 minutes per side.
I even do this with oatmeal and fruit for breakfast.
If you get creative, you could even do this for lunch if you have access to a microwave.

If anyone's interested in this, ill add some prep quantities and recipes to the recipe thread. All you need to do is adjust for your particular macros.

I prep on Sunday and weds. Meats and rices cooked for meals in work. My Mrs always makes me a breakfast and dinner every night. She also does all my shakes etc for me Infact lol

I fast until after work so I can cook my food for the day fresh. Tons of time and stress saved, I don't believe we will miss gains if we fast for 16 hours.

I cook every 3 day..I feel that’s long enough to be convenient and short enough to not lose flavor...I also don’t reheat any food..I like leftovers better cold

I cook 2 times a day for 4 solid meals, 2 meals will be eggs and the another 2 will be meat or fish. Then, one or 2 protein shakes

I fast until after work so I can cook my food for the day fresh. Tons of time and stress saved, I don't believe we will miss gains if we fast for 16 hours.

I do the same, most days. I spoil myself on my own cooking 😁 Gives me a lot to look forward to. And most of my meals are under thirty minutes prep and cook time

Every Monday I buy a rotisserie chicken and make a big pot of rice for dinners...this will last m-f...on the weekends I buy a nice steak and eat half each day with a potato...eggs for breakfast everyday and a big bowl of yogurt with fruit and oatmeal mixed together...

I cook my meats for the week on Sunday.
Breakfast is generally eggs so those are scrambled fresh or omlets each morning.
Dinner is typically made fresh that evening depending what the wife is cooking but several times a week I'll just dice up some chicken and make a salad , we've been doing alot of air fried fish.
Nearly all my carbs are from fresh fruit and veggies are mostly steam in the bag.

I cook every meal fresh. Maybe 1-3 meals at a time at most. I eat the same shit everyday tho. Lots of rice, ground beef and avocado. If it were more diverse, it’s probably have to schedule my cooking a bit more.

I'm sorry w this meal prep shit tho.... Normal ppl just call it cooking their food but we have to lend ourselves fitness cred and call it meal prep lol

Every chick I meet at the gym feels the need to tell me they have to 'meal prep' when they get home.

TKav, your my guy and have been since the Hermon days.... This isn't a knock on you (plus I know you got skills in the kitchen)...

It's just this 'meal prep' shit always triggers me Lol. I've competed, run the gammit, lived the life, water jug and all but calling cooking meal prep was where I drew the line hahaha or atleast talking about it like it qualified me or something as a member of you degenerates 😂😂😂

Just having a laugh to myself and certainly not at the expense of anyone here it's just these meal prep threads make me twitch. Only bodybuilders could make cooking your food more complicated than it needs to be.

I cook every meal fresh. Maybe 1-3 meals at a time at most. I eat the same shit everyday tho. Lots of rice, ground beef and avocado. If it were more diverse, it’s probably have to schedule my cooking a bit more.

do you put anything in your ground beef to make it taste better?

i bake 16 turkey burgers at once. and family packs of chicken breast. then i just freeze em. i rip up the chicken so its easy to weigh out what i want. nothing goes bad.
spaghetit and rice and beans i make all at once and thats my 7pm meals for the week.
oh and i make 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes, chocolate frosting and freeze those too.
so easy to make and freeze stuff.

Taco Seasoning + 96/4 ground beef + jasmine rice + avocado. Easy and tastes good every time.

which one? Ortega? I was doing the taco seasoning too but thought it was loaded with so much sodium.
then I was doing it with just garlic, other spices and still so dry, especially reheated.

if you eat it with taco seasoning daily and look the way you do, shit I will too lol

which one? Ortega? I was doing the taco seasoning too but thought it was loaded with so much sodium.
then I was doing it with just garlic, other spices and still so dry, especially reheated.

if you eat it with taco seasoning daily and look the way you do, shit I will too lol

What's your prejudice against sodium? Put some salt on that shit! Or does excess sodium cause blood pressure issues for you?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131