over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone know how long it takes for the thyroid to recover

ripped358

Banned
I was on hgh for almost a year and was taking a decent dose of t3 the whole time.i just came off and my weight is rebounding,I can't remember the last time I did this,how long it took to recover .
I know a blood test would show but I don't want my doctor too see that my thyroid is basically shutdown and there's no independent labs in New York .

No reason to noT consult your doctor. Patient doctor privalige. If he will not give you the test's and info You seek find a new doctor because he is not doing his JOB!

also if your thyroid was completely shut down you would be experiencing a myriad of problems.

Suggest like u said getting tests done. The thyroid doesn't recover like many other organs. If you shut it down completely u may have to be on synthroid from here on out.

It takes about a week for the thyroid to recover. It recovers a lot faster than most other things; however there have been several people that have had their thyroids permanently shut down after t3/t4/t2 w/e.

Suggest like u said getting tests done. The thyroid doesn't recover like many other organs. If you shut it down completely u may have to be on synthroid from here on out.

The thyroid doesn't recover? How come tons of guys (including myself) use t3 on and off all year and recover just fine?

It takes about a week for the thyroid to recover. It recovers a lot faster than most other things; however there have been several people that have had their thyroids permanently shut down after t3/t4/t2 w/e.

Please post a link to those who had their thyroid permanently shutdown

No reason to noT consult your doctor. Patient doctor privalige. If he will not give you the test's and info You seek find a new doctor because he is not doing his JOB!

what you tell your dr. he can write down for notes etc. insurance companies can see what he writes if they are paying for it. as can every insurance company forever after that you have.

The thyroid doesn't recover? How come tons of guys (including myself) use t3 on and off all year and recover just fine?

What I meant was you can push it too far by using too much t3. T4 is nothing but levothyroxine which is basically synthroid. My thyroid shut down on its own years before I got in this game. And I still won't touch t3 or such. I just meant the thyroid is sensitive and can be pushed too far. Hell you can have it taken out and you can still function normally. But I just want folks to be safe and not end up a lard before I figured out the problem. Elevated TSH levels mean a shut down thyroid. That's all I meant bro. Thanks.

Please post a link to those who had their thyroid permanently shutdown

Aww hell Id have to dig up those threads from years ago. :banghead: Lets just stick that as a very rare worst case scenario :confused:

I found a study done on thousands of people. Those with no pre-existing thyroid problems (euthyroid) recovered in as little as 1-2 weeks.

What dose were you taking? When you do bloodeork get the following done:

Full panel plus...
T3
Free t3
Reverse t3
T4
Free t4
TSH

Hell you can have it taken out and you can still function normally.

But I just want folks to be safe and not end up a lard before I figured out the problem.

Elevated TSH levels mean a shut down thyroid.
That's all I meant bro. Thanks.

If you have a thyroidectomy, you will NOT function normally without replacement. You csn obviously live without your thyroid. Thr thyroid produces 7 hormones, not just t3 and t4.

Safety is 1st. I shreik when i see people on here who are taking 200+mcg t3 with 400+mcg t4 and they cant sleep or gain muscle and wonder why.

100% correct that an elevated tsh means thyroid is not correctly responding.

Thanks for the advice but my thyroid always recovered just not sure how long it took and if I go in now and my doctor sees my thyroid not functioning properly then he'll give me synthroid and must likely i don't need it.
Ill wait a month then ask for a thyroid test

What I meant was you can push it too far by using too much t3. T4 is nothing but levothyroxine which is basically synthroid. My thyroid shut down on its own years before I got in this game. And I still won't touch t3 or such. I just meant the thyroid is sensitive and can be pushed too far. Hell you can have it taken out and you can still function normally. But I just want folks to be safe and not end up a lard before I figured out the problem. Elevated TSH levels mean a shut down thyroid. That's all I meant bro. Thanks.

that just sounds like a genetically pre-disposed issue...to the OP I used t3 anywhere from 50-100mcg's daily for about 8-9 months and took me about 6-8 weeks to recover. it could have been quicker though cause when I originally told him I came off about 5-6 days before and a retest 8 weeks later I was in normal ranges, so could have been even sooner than that.

If you have a thyroidectomy, you will NOT function normally without replacement. You csn obviously live without your thyroid. Thr thyroid produces 7 hormones, not just t3 and t4.

My bad, I forgot to put that in there that yes after a thyroidectomy you can function but have to take daily replacements. I really can't comment on the t3 but like I said I can definitely tell when I miss some days of my synthroid cause u feel like shit when your levels are off. Thanks for correcting my bad typing skills with incomplete thoughts!!

I know my thyroid isn't functioning properly right now cause I'm gaining weight fast and feel like shit and I'm still taking trt dosages of test
Probably by October Ill get it tested since I don't want a false report to go to my primary doctor .
So someone said 8 weeks about and I just came off not even a week ago so maybey the 2nd week of October .
I've been out if the gym for a few months now due to my injurys and now this.
I'm never taking t3 again I always rebound really hard.i put on atleast 30 pounds this week and its not muscle ,all that hard work and dieting and I'm far again.
This time I'm gonna cycle without t3 since it also effects pumps in the gym ,so I have to take larger doses just so I feel something,I looked alot better before all this t3 and abs wasting money on hgh which never worked on me even pharm grade.
Thanks for the help the timeline really helps

I know my thyroid isn't functioning properly right now cause I'm gaining weight fast and feel like shit and I'm still taking trt dosages of test
Probably by October Ill get it tested since I don't want a false report to go to my primary doctor .
So someone said 8 weeks about and I just came off not even a week ago so maybey the 2nd week of October .
I'm never taking t3 again I always rebound really hard.i put on atleast 30 pounds this week and its not muscle ,all that hard work and dieting and I'm far again.
This time I'm gonna cycle without t3 since it also effects pumps in the gym ,so I have to take larger doses just so I feel something,I looked alot better before all this t3 and abs wasting money on hgh which never worked on me even pharm grade.

well that 30 pounds aint fat either

Datbtrue says 2-5 weeks for thyroid recovery

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Can take up to 4 weeks but typically 1 - 2 weeks. Take Thyroid Energy by Now and that may help you recover more quickly. Your best bet is to hop on an ECA stack during the rebound and eat super clean until 4 - 6 weeks go by.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear