over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone NOT drink protein shakes?

Whey is predigested protein. You burn more calories and get more of a metabolic boost eating whole foods.

Yes, digesting food is the biggest consumer of energy by the body. I think to get the best results from any food you should try to eat what mother nature intended you to eat, real food. Shakes are really only advantageous for convenience sake, IMO.

I heard that Milos Sarcev pretty much lived on Met Rx back in the day. Said he could fill a small room with empty Met Rx packets that he'd consumed. So, who knows?

Last edited:
I drink two shakes a day plus a PWO shake on work out days.:cool:

I average 2 a day. Work a 12 hr shift so I basically have to supplement a few in or I would probably get fired for eating all day.

I always have one Post workout or if i cant get a meal in, but i have found that at a lower body fat with lets say 2 shakes a day i do look softer

i would get nowhere close to the calories i want without shakes. gotta have them

I drink one PWO and sometimes before bed. I have a sweet tooth and ON rocky road satisfies it instead of ice cream or other garbage.

Most of my meals are real food, but why would a good (not a lot of fillers) shake be worse? I've read the bio availability is better, but honestly I think I need to learn more about nutrition.

Protein Shake

When I wake up and maybe an hr before hitting the gym I take a shake with 5grams of Mono Creatine and maybe before I got to sleep, it also depend on what kind whey. I feel it beneficial if your trying to hold some weight or gain some lean mass, I feel when your natural you have to have some kind of nutritional regimen to keep gaining some kind of lean mass on your frame. I'm Speaking from experience ;)

I decided yesterday to cut protein shakes completely. About 6 months ago I had cut it down to only post workout.. now I'm going to remove that shake as well.

No Shake

Have'nt had a protein shake for the past 8 months, just good solid food and LBA's....i've put on about 10lbs of muscle in that time, the previous 10lbs of muscle took me approx 18 months to put on whilst taking 2 or 3 protein shakes per day.
I'll never take another protein shake....nature's food is far superior.

I only drink 1 shake post work out, there is nothing like good ol meat and potatoes.

I'm just wondering because I'm thinking of replacing my protein shakes with small meals, for example a small portion of chicken and brown rice. I just think solid food would be a better choice for building muscle.

I switch it up from time to time but the shakes are so easy for me to get down and quicker tahn food usually.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws