over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone not eat 6-8 meals a day?

All of this information is enlightening and interesting. I commented before that eating 6-8 meals speeds up metabolism and was pointed out that it was a myth and there is no literature to back that up. After some research, yep, the jury is still out on that one. Some peer reviewed articles claim it does, then some debunk the idea.
Besides maintaining stable weight by eating 6-8 meals, I believe it helps me with my energy and I have less of an afternoon "crash". To me, Einstein said it best, "the more I learn, the less I seem to know" lol I really enjoy these forums for one main reason, we practice what we do. Practical application of the knowledge and to me that is ten times better than taking a books word for it!!

Time for meal 8! Lol

I've tried it but can't stick to it on account of my work, It's hard at my job to eat that many times I'm usually very busy. I've prepared the meals before hand ect. Sometimes I'll get so busy I'll look at the clock and its already noon and the morning has passed by that quick. I'm never really hungry throughout the day until normal meal times too. Just wondering how the Pros or Bigger guys do it.

If I'm real busy or traveling sometimes I have to go with 4-5 per day,,but I feel it does make my gains suffer.

I remember Serge Nubret posting his opinion. He always said to eat when hungry, and to be instinctive.

He believed in eating very very very large meals and I think 2 to 3 meals a day. Sometimes less. He believed his body will tell him if he needs food or not.

His logic was that, he didn't want to speed up his already fast metabolism by eating more frequently if putting muscle on was his goal at the time.

He liked a lot of horse meat too.

Hope he recovers from whatever happened to him.

Bioelectrical impedance test? Like the scale that you stand on barefoot and it tells you your bodyfat %? I hope you're not referring to this and have actually had a more precise test. I have one of those. I have a skinny kid as a friend who has never worked out but is skinny/fat (little pudge on his stomach and lovehandles).. told him 4%..

I was 4 weeks out of contest prep, shredded and it told me 20%.. don't tell me those things are even remotely accurate.

if you are referring to something else - please forgive my ignorance.

I'm really not giving you too much shit.. 240 with a 36" waist at 5'10 is by no means small.. Couldn't you be better though? If you really thought about it? Tried a little harder? ate a little better? oh well..

No actually in my gym in NYC they have a bunch of private trainers where they measure your bodyfat using electrodes to your body. This is one of the most accurate and feasible ways to do this. That's about all I ever used the trainers for. The best method for measuring bodyfat is using under water (hydrostatic) analysis, don't really have the time for such a thing.

Yes there are alot of little things i could do better, don't think eating more protein is it.

I think the advantage to smaller more frequent meals is a more consistent energy level throughout the day and also keeps hunger down so you don't eat massive meals and over stuff yourself, especially with a lot of carbs, because you're famished. I don't think it helps build muscle. That is strictly, training, drugs, rest and macro intake period.

When I force feed myself every several hours I get fatter! I don't think this is the way for me. I do eat clean and eat when hungry now. Much better for me! If I don't have time I take in a shake! I have been making gains and getting stronger, this is how I gauge if my diet is working. I don't think it has to be so rigid. I am just a regular guy and not experienced in dieting for a show yet so this is just my opinion.

If you never get hungry..........you probably have very little muscle mass and need to build more to create a hunger atmosphere.

No. I am always hungry so I eat regulary so I don't cheat. I have no control when I get hungry. Its the only way I can maintain a clean diet.

No. I am always hungry so I eat regulary so I don't cheat. I have no control when I get hungry. Its the only way I can maintain a clean diet.

I eat 5 to 6 meals a day. It's off season for me, so I eat clean all week. Then the weekend I will add the crap meal. It's true the more muscle more you can and want to eat.

This article has a lot of application for this thread.

**broken link removed**

3-4 a day with 3 shakes. All my body needs ATM.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131