over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone not eat 6-8 meals a day?

Hired Phil a few months ago, and made the switch to eating when hungry instead of on schedule. It does seem to be much easier to stay lean.

Right. There is no pattern or schedule. My hunger never is the same from one day to the next.

same here.... It does seem that I am more hungry on non-training days.. Im practically starving.. I can get in 6-7 meals no prob...

I eat when I am hungry, some times that is 6 times a day, sometimes its only twice.

I get at least 11 meals a day otherwise feel like I am going to fall over :)

as usual... it's just my opinion... i'm not big guy or guru or whatever...
but the 6-8 meals thing is one of the most retarded things in bodybuilding.
if you can get your shit together in 3 meals... do it... if not... eat 4. and yes, a shake is considered a meal.

trust me... eat whenever it's convenient for you... and leave the rest to... well... the rest ;)

if you can get your shit together in 3 meals... do it... if not... eat 4. and yes, a shake is considered a meal.

trust me... eat whenever it's convenient for you... and leave the rest to... well... the rest ;)

Thank-you ^^ agreed

x10000

People just think that the body has a counter of the time, as like they think if you enter the gym and perform 9 reps you will grow.

Next time the weight is the same in the exercise and perform 9 again. For their entire life and don't grow.

The body don't count meals or reps.

The body can cont the tonnage of the train, or the total intake for a day.

If your intake is correct, and your macro's are ok i think the meal frequency become less important.

The stress you demonstrate for can not be a "pro eating 112132 meals a day" is fuck***g your gains.

Relax, lift and rest.

Cheers

i personally enjoy eating 6-8 meals a day

i do it based on structure yes..but i find i get hungry anyways after about 2 hours.... my bodies clock just goes off around that time..

sometimes tiny bit sooner..but usually around 2 hours for me

I usually try to eat 5-6 meals a day, but depending on my work schedule it might end up being 2-4 big meals a day. Initially for the first few years that i started working out I consistently ate 5-6 meals a day and it worked out great but that was also because i had a more consistent work schedule.

Now a days I eat some what instinctly, usually 3-4 meals a day but i have at least 1 huge meal. Its almost like i'm doing a unintentional carb cycling diet. If i can't get in a good meal i'll usually have a shake then make it up later in the day with a bigger meal, but i make sure i go easy on the carbs so for my huge meal it go towards replenish my glycogen.

x10000

People just think that the body has a counter of the time, as like they think if you enter the gym and perform 9 reps you will grow.

Next time the weight is the same in the exercise and perform 9 again. For their entire life and don't grow.

The body don't count meals or reps.

The body can cont the tonnage of the train, or the total intake for a day.

If your intake is correct, and your macro's are ok i think the meal frequency become less important.

The stress you demonstrate for can not be a "pro eating 112132 meals a day" is fuck***g your gains.

Relax, lift and rest.

Cheers

exactly. one time i was doing a rest pause set, and one of my friends in the gym said "you know that's only one set, right?" as though my muscles could count and needed a certain amount of sets to grow.

Most people i know are not consistent long time.

And then becomes difficult to have more results.

Every guy i see who hired Phil had very quick results, and with a philosophy that i like a lot.

And as we can see the Shelby clients too.

Two different approaches with something in common:

Long term results
Macros in check

There is always a lot of ways to arrive a destiny ;)

Ive been training for over 20 years and its rare that I eat 6 meals a day. Current stats are 5'10", 240 with 36" waist. I typically eat 3-4 "true" meals with healthy snacks...protein shakes, milk with PB jelly sandwich, protein bar...etc. As a sidenote, I still have a hard time understanding how people feel the need to consistently eat 1.5 - 2X their bodyweight in grams of protein...i.e: weigh 240 and eat 360 - 480 grams of protein ?

I agree

Question is, how much protein is actually being utilized?

I eat 7 times a day. Three full meals, and protein shakes in-between. I know this is not ideal because real food as opposed to shakes are better(unless pwo). If I was a pro, had no responsibilities other than working out and eating, then things would be different.

Ive been training for over 20 years and its rare that I eat 6 meals a day. Current stats are 5'10", 240 with 36" waist. I typically eat 3-4 "true" meals with healthy snacks...protein shakes, milk with PB jelly sandwich, protein bar...etc. As a sidenote, I still have a hard time understanding how people feel the need to consistently eat 1.5 - 2X their bodyweight in grams of protein...i.e: weigh 240 and eat 360 - 480 grams of protein ?

This is why you have been training for 20 years and are 240 lbs with a 36" waist at 5'10.

I've tried it but can't stick to it on account of my work, It's hard at my job to eat that many times I'm usually very busy. I've prepared the meals before hand ect. Sometimes I'll get so busy I'll look at the clock and its already noon and the morning has passed by that quick. I'm never really hungry throughout the day until normal meal times too. Just wondering how the Pros or Bigger guys do it.

honestly......i have never eaten more than 4 times a day........some of the pros i have met......have a true disdain for eating 6 times a day.......dorian.....nasser......jim quinn......and a few others really don't eat all that much......i have never really been a fan of eating every 2-3 hours.....i eat when i am hungry......i have also heard shawn ray say that he eats when he is hungry......and no sooner than that......just my opinion.

This is why you have been training for 20 years and are 240 lbs with a 36" waist at 5'10.

I consider myself in excellent shape, THANK YOU. I have had a Biolelectrical test with 12% bodyfat results. I am sure there is a small % of error. Anyway, yes I know we all have 30 inch waists that are ripped year round...:)

I consider myself in excellent shape, THANK YOU. I have had a Biolelectrical test with 12% bodyfat results. I am sure there is a small % of error. Anyway, yes I know we all have 30 inch waists that are ripped year round...:)

Bioelectrical impedance test? Like the scale that you stand on barefoot and it tells you your bodyfat %? I hope you're not referring to this and have actually had a more precise test. I have one of those. I have a skinny kid as a friend who has never worked out but is skinny/fat (little pudge on his stomach and lovehandles).. told him 4%..

I was 4 weeks out of contest prep, shredded and it told me 20%.. don't tell me those things are even remotely accurate.

if you are referring to something else - please forgive my ignorance.

I'm really not giving you too much shit.. 240 with a 36" waist at 5'10 is by no means small.. Couldn't you be better though? If you really thought about it? Tried a little harder? ate a little better? oh well..

Is there any real evidence that eating 6-8 times vs. 3-4 times/day is better?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131