over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone not eat 6-8 meals a day?

Scottyd

Registered
I've tried it but can't stick to it on account of my work, It's hard at my job to eat that many times I'm usually very busy. I've prepared the meals before hand ect. Sometimes I'll get so busy I'll look at the clock and its already noon and the morning has passed by that quick. I'm never really hungry throughout the day until normal meal times too. Just wondering how the Pros or Bigger guys do it.

if you can't eat it then drink it. 3 meals a day plus 3 shakes is a decent amount of feedings.
if you want it bad enough you will do it. most jobs have people that take cigarette breaks. you can down a meal in the time someone smokes a cigarette i bet. so no one should give you shit. if they have time to have their precious smoke you have time to EAT.
-JS

Last edited:
just bring a shake...takes like 2 seconds and your done...add whatever you need to it to meet ur macros and your set

im a network technician, and in addition to a dolly full of tools, cables, switches, and my laptop, i have a playmate lunch box on there too. there has never been a problem with me laying my tools down for 5 minutes and eating a meal. it's even less of a problem because i dont take a "lunch break" i take 4 or 5 smaller breaks throughout the day, and the total time spent is still less than everyone else's lunch breaks.

the only problem that ever occurs is when i work over time, and haven't packed enough.

your situtation may be different, but if you want it, you can figure it out.

good luck

Well

I've tried it but can't stick to it on account of my work, It's hard at my job to eat that many times I'm usually very busy. I've prepared the meals before hand ect. Sometimes I'll get so busy I'll look at the clock and its already noon and the morning has passed by that quick. I'm never really hungry throughout the day until normal meal times too. Just wondering how the Pros or Bigger guys do it.

They do not eat all day.....PROS are human also.......Let me be honest here for a second.......Person A can have a normal life and eat when hungry.....have a relationship and a job.......and look great. Person B has to eat by the clock, take tons of drugs, live by a rigid schedule, cant make a relationshp last........and just to look like person A........Person A and Person B have no idea what the other is doing, but person B is living in their own personal Hell to just keep up........oblivious to all, even himself.

I use to try and eat every 3 hours on the clock. Now I eat when I am hungry which can be every hour some days depending on how much I am training (I train MMA as well as lift) What a concept....eating when hungry :eek::D

I quit trying to eat certian foods at certain times, I just eat what I crave. To keep it real, I don't have any junk in the house, just healthy choices.

I also eat fruit which some say is a big no no with body building. My macros are about right at the end of every day and my body continues to improve.

Maybe in the beginning some people need to do this to get in the habit of making better choices.

well i use to get 6 meal a day

now i have lowed the cals intake because i was getting to fat in the off season. and now i eat 2 meals at work 1 before training and 1 after training. i really like this way plus i am allways so hungry after training so now i consume most of my cals before and after training.

i dont see the need for spitting it up in 6 meal when 4 works great and i stilll get my cals. but if you are a big big eater then you have to split em up

They do not eat all day.....PROS are human also.......Let me be honest here for a second.......Person A can have a normal life and eat when hungry.....have a relationship and a job.......and look great. Person B has to eat by the clock, take tons of drugs, live by a rigid schedule, cant make a relationshp last........and just to look like person A........Person A and Person B have no idea what the other is doing, but person B is living in their own personal Hell to just keep up........oblivious to all, even himself.

phill you are so spot on this one

I eat when I am hungry, some times that is 6 times a day, sometimes its only twice.

I used to be able to eat at least 6 meals a day. i used to be hungry all the time too, so that helped. Great for growing. now i have to admit that with age or whatever reason I am not as hungry as i used to be. find myself having to force myself to eat. stress, having a kid, not sleeping as much as i want as well as my job which doesnt really permit it, are probably all factors. Do i grow as well as i used to now as opposed to when i ate every 3 hours? no. but I try and fill in the gaps with protein shakes. It helps and yes it is possible to grow when you dont eat every few hours. thats how it is for me anyhow.

but the question is would they really look the same?

i wish i was in a point in my life were i could justify hiring you Phil, lol. every time you post something I want to ask a million questions to figure out how you do it. After i graduate and get a little more set in life, im giving you a call.

i eat 5-6 meals, try to get a meal in every 3 hours, the longer im awake though the more meals i have. so if i sleep more i eat less

this sounds so familiar !!!!!!!
me being person b :(

i've been eating when im hungry since about a year before i hired phil. for me, though, that means eating often and eating a lot.

i must have my metabolism cranked up pretty good, too. on traing days i eat an average of 7 times a day, and on my "off" day, on which i do cardio, i eat nine times!

with my answer to carry a lunch box, i was taking for granted that a person would eat when they are hungry.

How do you say it better than Phil? Its so simple it has to be complicated.

Eat when hungry. Sometimes I'll have 2 meals all day long, then from 7pm to 11pm I eat 3 more meals. I dont even think about it. Its like, "I have to take a leak" so I get up and go and then return to living my life.

Eating when hungry

Before I would eat every 2.5-3 hrs, sometimes 2 hrs after I finished my last meal when I wanted to bulk-up, because that's what all the mags said you had to do to gain muscle etc.
Now I eat when hungry, as much as I need to feel full. Some days it'll be 3-4 times, other 7-8 times. I don't notice any difference in recovery time, strength, energy throughout the day, or gains. Meals include 2-3 shakes a day.

How do you say it better than Phil? Its so simple it has to be complicated.

Eat when hungry. Sometimes I'll have 2 meals all day long, then from 7pm to 11pm I eat 3 more meals. I dont even think about it. Its like, "I have to take a leak" so I get up and go and then return to living my life.

Hired Phil a few months ago, and made the switch to eating when hungry instead of on schedule. It does seem to be much easier to stay lean.

Personally I think it doesn't matter too much as long as you hit your daily macros and caloric goals. Particularly if you're enhanced. Being enhanced of course increases protein synthesis, so it may be wise to provide more than the usual amount for hypertrophy, but you're not going to go catabolic after you eat a 700-800 calorie meal 4-5 hours later....gotta live life! Get your calories in but don't drive yourself crazy obsessing about the clock so much.

Just my two cents, many of you guys have more experience than I do (10 years for me)...but that's my take on it.

I use to try and eat every 3 hours on the clock. Now I eat when I am hungry which can be every hour some days depending on how much I am training (I train MMA as well as lift) What a concept....eating when hungry :eek::D

I quit trying to eat certian foods at certain times, I just eat what I crave. To keep it real, I don't have any junk in the house, just healthy choices.

I also eat fruit which some say is a big no no with body building. My macros are about right at the end of every day and my body continues to improve.

Maybe in the beginning some people need to do this to get in the habit of making better choices.

holy shit!!! now i dont have to post my experience. same here!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131