YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone use BFR or occlusion training.??

The study shows the risk is low

I'd like to hear what John Meadow's has to say about it

Yes it can actually kill you if you cut off an artery. Just make sure you're cutting off 70 percent or less, if in doubt loosen it up and don't wear it anymore than twenty minutes

You can do it as a warm up to pump blood in then take it off and go heavier, I've done this many, many times this past year with calves and arms

You can use it to restrict blood flow with an injury, done this as well

You can do it after your training for looks, muscle just swells up and looks quite bigger

I could be wrong but I’m willing to bet that he isn’t doing occlusion training anymore after having two blood clots form and not having an exact reason why he got them.
I'd be speculating on that as well. He never made it a large portion of his training volume in terms of sets so I would speculate that he is practicing any and all risk minimization behavior that he reasonably can.

There are studies showing d-dimer raise But also a bunch of studies stating it’s safe. Who were the studies done on? They sure as heck were not done on steroid using bodybuilders who virtually across the board have hematocrit well above the general public.
I'd say you're pretty safe in making that statement lol. That said, it has been tested on populations at risk for blood clot formation due to inactivity/immobility and poor levels of health/fitness. Again, not remotely absolute proof but it is some evidence. But if bodybuilders/athletes have excessivley high HCT (>50) then that would potentially place them at risk in a way that has not been examined in conjunction with BFR training.

There are a bunch of guys in this very forum who have had blood clots including a moderater, a longtime member currently, and two former members who have died...both from problems from blood clots. It’s a guesstimate on my part because I don’t know on a factual basis but my notion is the last people you want to occlude blood with is a sector of society using compounds that thicken blood thru rbc buildup that has hematocrit in the 51-60 range over normal 42-49. Could I be wrong? I could but the benefit does not outweigh the potential risk in my opinion.
Well, like I mentioned originally, I think it can be useful and has its place, but I don't think it offers tremendous value to healthy and uninjured people with a large amount of muscle. So, if one knows their HCT is naturally high or driven high on cycle (mine personally stays below 45 no matter what I do) then extra reason to avoid it.

One can get a natural occlusion effect from maintaining tension on the muscle without the potential danger of physical restriction. This creates a hypoxic state where blood and waste metabolites remain in the muscle. It's the basis for a pump set with less load and slightly abbreviated range of motion such that the muscle remains under load throughout the entire work set.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws