advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does flexing and posing after a workout hurt or help your gains?

Of course flexing helps... Just ask Charles Atlas!

18.jpg

Not that I do it but it definitely helps. Obviously competitors should pose as much as possible so they learn to present themselves the best way possible. If you pose properly it is like a workout in itself and will help with mind muscle connection.

When I see competitors (or guys who look like they compete) do it I think fair enough. But what is with all these fat or 140 pound guys posing in the mirror constantly. It's the whole instagram face pout era.

You have guys doing a set of stomach crunches then looking in the mirror to see if they have created a 6 pack with that 1 set... no you haven't :eek: The funniest are the fat guys who walk past the mirror and will do the fastest 1/2 second pose ever hoping no one seen them.

It's a funny world as many of the guys who looks fantastic are the most insecure of everyone. Nothing is ever good enough or they feel fat etc. Yet loads of guys who actually look like shit you see flexing their fat arms in the changing room mirror thinking they are huge :D

Last edited:
after your are pumped , esp upper body, it traps the blood in there more, and yes its like a workout, heavy breathing, tight muscles, etc

Its good to do after workouts since pumped up especially; although anytime is fine

It helps allot especially with muscle maturity and roundness.

Definitely helps. I've worked with a few coaches that advised posing after every set, this was pre contest tho. I do get a different pump in the muscle when I do.

It helps a lot, especially when the individual hasent been practicing then starts right into. Within a week you can start seeing a change. Not with everyone, but most the people I've seen.

i see little skinny guys flexing all the time and a year or 2 later they look no different. but i think it could help a competitor show himself better as he would have more control.

Gainzzz Bro!!!

Seriously though no it won't. I'm a competitive bodybuilder so I love flexing while I'm pumped. Hasn't hurt my gains any. Haven't you seen pumping iron. I'm cumming day and night!

COME ON, POSING IS what is all about in the sport, how are you going to convince me you are doing the lifts with proper form if you can't pose?

and yes I love it

even before I even stepped in a gym(14-15 years old must have been) I was admiring my body through let's just say more than 1 mirror - yes very narcissictic boy I grew up to be

Last edited:
If you compete more practice can always help so...yes

If you don't compete...no

Will it actually make your muscles grow more - overwhelming probability...no

Might it make you feel better or fuller/better pump...perhaps

Does a pump equate to gains...no

Last edited:
From an anatomical perspective, flexing is contracting the muscle. You contract your muscle when you lift but thats with the added stimulus of weight resistance. Your muscle is contracting, shortening and lengthening muscle fibers to perform the movement. Physically your body needs blood delivered to the area to facilitate the activity. Its transporting glucose. aka fuel, to the muscle under work then getting rid of the waste.

When you flex you are performing a contraction without weight resistance. You won't engage quite as many muscle fibers as a full weighted movement but you are working the muscle still. Its still requiring blood flow and sugar. It will pump you. but keep in mind you are working the muscle. if you just bombed your muscles adding more work could be detrimental. Minimal but if you are strict on hard work and hard rest, just keep it in mind.

I'm curious about having your food or shake, replacing the glycogen stores and then flexing? Anybody know about this?

It is not about gaining... is is about being able to contract and hold separately each muscle in your body so that when you go on stage you can hold poses longer... have you ever tried a full posing session by yourself just fucking round and hold each pose for 20 seconds.... it is SUPER HARD and you get tired fast... Wynn i believe posted a video in "east coast mecca" thread where they were just talking about this..

https://youtu.be/S2ngIIdRHds

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner