advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does heavy lifting "use up" your testosterone temporarily?

Ziggajay

Newbies
After a heavy lifting session I always seem to lose my libido for a few hours. Not completely or dramatic but its there. I'm usually in no mood to flirt with a chick or even rub one out for a while, compared to how I normally am, after squatting 500lbs or going on a heavy chest or back session. Usually I'm horny on my non-training days (I'm on a mild test cyp. cycle right now)
Is this normal? Is it possible that testosterone gets "used up" or whatever during intense workouts and it takes a while for the levels to build back up in the blood stream? (or get released into the bloodstream from the depot site in the case of AAS injections). Talking about it with a fellow bro in the gym the other day he mentioned something about your testosterone getting used up during and after a workout and needing a few hours or so to get back to optimum levels.

Very normal, after heavy leg day I usually cant get it up for a little... but I gotta say I think the whole 'using up testosterone' thing is utter crap... I believe it has more to do with using up all your bodys energy stores, like glycogen and such...

Someone else that knows the science of this better than I will probably chime in, but yeah, its normal...

Funny, I was going to ask the same question. What kind of training do you gents do? Short and heavy (to failure or near it on legs) kills my sex drive for a bit. I dunno if it's test or nervous system stress.

After a light gym session I'm more than ready. But after a nasty leg workout or max effort back or chest workout, Im in the dirt. I can get my unit going, but there had better be a damned good reason! lol.

Right, that makes sense.

On a related note, would your bloodwork natty test. readings be affected if you had an intense workout the day before? (assuming you're not on AAS).

Funny, I was going to ask the same question. What kind of training do you gents do? Short and heavy (to failure or near it on legs) kills my sex drive for a bit. I dunno if it's test or nervous system stress.

After a light gym session I'm more than ready. But after a nasty leg workout or max effort back or chest workout, Im in the dirt. I can get my unit going, but there had better be a damned good reason! lol.

I do both power and mass sets so my workouts are both long, heavy and with periods of intensity and periods of long rests. Only day I really go hard for a full 60 or so minutes is back day when I work in the 7-10 rep range for everything.
Also on recap day 5 when I do flat, incline and overhead presses with DB's with high reps with some curls thrown in there. Thats my only other purely mass day.

I going to be 52 in a couple months, So naturally my drive is way down from when I was a younger man. I don't know why it happens, but I can actually feel my libido lacking after a hard work out, and I can remember from my younger days the same thing happening, however I could always get myself going if the need was there back then also.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar