advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does higher hormone use causing a faster aging face ?

I think it's dose dependent, depends on what you run, how much water you drink, how well you eat, do you take collagen, eat healthy fats, do you smoke, drink, etc.

Test=aging... I don't think so. But if your bodybuilding lifestyle isn't healthy androgens will certainly accelrate the process.

If anything, my experience is that my training and everything has kept me looking younger.

Firstly, how old are you?
If your mom is commenting on your facial features that’s a red flag for making adult decisions with hormone use.

If hormones f*caked up my face I wouldn’t use them.
if you’re worried get on a skin scare routine.. Tretinoin, micro needling, Botox, moisturizers, suncreen.

Androgens can exasperate acne/hair growth, tanning will age your skin, dieting will make facial feature more prominent, hgh will grow your brow/jaw.

The disqualifying variable for using higher hormone amounts should be your health not your face but that’s just my opinion.

Really? I mean, to each his own, but I guess it depends on the look you're going for. Men tend to be viewed more favorably when they age (in general), so I'm really not worried about it. Besides, botox and fillers all end up making people look fake IMO
It'll come down to the doc doing the work. I def don't want a caved in face in my 30s. Guys like Iain, Justin shier to name a couple get it done. No ones saying go for the mike o'hearn look lol

I think it's dose dependent, depends on what you run, how much water you drink, how well you eat, do you take collagen, eat healthy fats, do you smoke, drink, etc.

Test=aging... I don't think so. But if your bodybuilding lifestyle isn't healthy androgens will certainly accelrate the process.

If anything, my experience is that my training and everything has kept me looking younger.

I think this is huge. Never really took collagen. I drank and smoked quite a bit in my earlier years. Healthy fats much lower than they should have been. All of this combined took a toll but did not really see it until I started prepping for shows and losing even more collagen.

Genetics + Dosage probably dictate this

Also coming off or being on TRT helps bring back that youthful look. Too much sun if you have less melanin as well

Jay looks very good for 50, and he sure as hell didn't just run 500 test in his Olympia days

Probably. I asked Dow, the source and God to help me with it. To bring me more peace, patience, positive thinking when things feel overwhelming. This is me a month ago .

Dude you look young!!! I would not worry about it. I look much older than you and I’m way younger than you.

First of all is genetics, the women in my wifes family does not look their age at all, they look way younger and sofar everyone has been 90 years or older when they have died.

@Love_to_Bodybuild ... with my eyes closed you are really handsome.
You actually look younger than 42...if you never told your age, I would say you look 41 years old.
Lol...I kid you brother.

Seriously...you think the weather(environment) where you live affects it?

MS
Thank you haha

Definitely. I do the Huberman morning routine and go out walking, down my street , then out in nature for ten to fifteen minutes first thing.

The sinuses maybe that's the cause of puffy eyes could be from where I live, with a cat, and outside. Going to use Zyrtec more before bed. Maybe a nasal decongestant some days, esp when calories are lowered, could use dopamine and ne boost they give.

As far as sunscreen I'm out 3-4. Then work driving with window open sometimes and heavy sun beating in neck, face, so it's probably best I put on sunscreen most days.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

The number one thing that ages skin is sun. Some say even out it in a cloudy day, if getting exposure to it. That would matter how much exposure. Before competition,tanning is important, wear sunscreen on neck and face, used to not tan or very little a few shows , and it makes quite a lot of a difference onstage, with skin color, under them bright lights.

I know it happens. I've seen a recent Justin Compton video podcast and he has some serious lines going down his face. Dorian has them, and had them even when he competed , and he retired at thirty six years old. Seems Caucasian people have them most. I see some of it on female bodybuilders although no way as pronounced as male bodybuilders.

Is this dose dependent? Or is it certain compounds like stuff that aromatizes does this, or even high dose deca ?

I could stay on longer and a lower dose but I like to taper up, maybe use max dose at most for five weeks , taper down a couple or few weeks then go down to true trt.

As a amature competitor, heavyweight, possibly even super heavyweight ,on stage, I noticed this past cycle I went as high as 1200 mgs, my mom started to comment on my face around nose down around mouth looking puffy. She mentioned it quite a bit. Been on trt last two months and it's gone down. About to start maybe 600 mgs two weeks on a minimum cut, then go up to 900, 1200, and maybe 1500 if I can handle it. I don't want to lose my good facial looks and age my face .

You need a retinoid cream to keep your collagen levels high in skin.

The difference between a young person with plump, tight, smooth healthy skin versus a senior with thin , dry, wrinkly skin is collagen content in the skin.

As we get older; our igf-1 and HGH levels drop, our T and E2 levels drop, we accumulate photodamage from sun exposure.

Some androgens seem to cause the old look more than others; Trenbolone being a bad one. Trenbolone lowers IGF-1 significantly, so that may be one mechanism.

Keep HGH/IGF-1 levels in youthful range, using a retinoid like tretinoin from as early age as possible, avoid excessive sunlight (sunlight breaks down collagen aka photoaging) .Killing estrogen levels can also contribute to loss of collagen.

Tretinoin cream is the single most powerful true "anti aging" skin tool we have, with over 60 years of research proving its efficacy. It's a true hidden gem. It takes 6 months of consistent use to see the magic. It can reverse wrinkles and lines, especially early ones. Tazarotene cream is even better and works faster.

You made a good observation that caucasians do not age as well on average as say africans. This is because africans have higher IGF-1 and estradiol levels than any other race on average. In studies, IGF-1 levels are correlated with "perceived age".

You need a retinoid cream to keep your collagen levels high in skin.

The difference between a young person with plump, tight, smooth healthy skin versus a senior with thin , dry, wrinkly skin is collagen content in the skin.

As we get older; our igf-1 and HGH levels drop, our T and E2 levels drop, we accumulate photodamage from sun exposure.

Some androgens seem to cause the old look more than others; Trenbolone being a bad one. Trenbolone lowers IGF-1 significantly, so that may be one mechanism.

Keep HGH/IGF-1 levels in youthful range, using a retinoid like tretinoin from as early age as possible, avoid excessive sunlight (sunlight breaks down collagen aka photoaging) .Killing estrogen levels can also contribute to loss of collagen.

Tretinoin cream is the single most powerful true "anti aging" skin tool we have, with over 60 years of research proving its efficacy. It's a true hidden gem. It takes 6 months of consistent use to see the magic. It can reverse wrinkles and lines, especially early ones. Tazarotene cream is even better and works faster.

You made a good observation that caucasians do not age as well on average as say africans. This is because africans have higher IGF-1 and estradiol levels than any other race on average. In studies, IGF-1 levels are correlated with "perceived age".
Wow, learned something new today. Had never heard of tazarotene before. I see alldaychemist has it. Maybe I'll order some instead of restocking on tretinoin.

Any downside to it? Just the same pracautions of only using at night and making sure you wear sunscreen?

I can tell you without a doubt my head has grown from all the GH. I noticed in pics recently - lol it’s kinda wild.
I started to realize recently that my jaw is growing from it and my teeth are shifting to a underbite! People need to be careful with GH acromegaly because it’s real! I’ve gotten significant changes on 5iu , I don’t know how guys can do 10-15iu. The whole hands, feet, jaw, and head growth is serious stuff and steroids don’t do that.

I started to realize recently that my jaw is growing from it and my teeth are shifting to a underbite! People need to be careful with GH acromegaly because it’s real! I’ve gotten significant changes on 5iu , I don’t know how guys can do 10-15iu. The whole hands, feet, jaw, and head growth is serious stuff and steroids don’t do that.

HGH is often posted about being great for youthful skin and whilst that is true it's deceiving because nothing can make someone uglier than consistent hgh usage. It never improves someone's facial features put it that way. Obviously everyone has a vastly different response but I wanted to second everything you stated. Anyone using HGH just take notice of your facial features. Granted everyone changes through the years but HGH has chaned me more in a few years usage than 15 years of AAS usage ever did.

OP your skin looks good. I am going to bed now and could write an essay on this but as everyone has posted AAS can accelerate aging. Although in the grand scheme I don't think it's that bad and there are so many others things that contribute to aging.

I am 39 and I have partied and I have taken loads of different things (years of aas) but my skin looks good for my age. I don't think people realize just how many people age horribly. I am not on about bodybuilders but just the general public. Yes some bodybuilders have pushed drugs really hard and well pushed everything and they have aged fast. Some of the people I went to school with who have never taken a steroid look about 50.

A lot of pics of bodybuilders people comment on are also when they are extremely lean and it makes a huge difference. This couldn't be more true for women and some of them look 10-20 years older when they are contest lean compared to their off seasons. Body fat makes a huge difference. Taking high androgens, having very low body fat, high ai's, low estrogen, dry skin/hair etc.... 10+ years older.

Keep protein fairly high, collagen, optimum test and igf-1 levels, estrogen in range, always hydrated, avoid toxic drugs, fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, hyaluronic acid, tretinoin cream, vitamin d, curcumin, ECGC, vitamin c, zinc etc.

HGH is often posted about being great for youthful skin and whilst that is true it's deceiving because nothing can make someone uglier than consistent hgh usage. It never improves someone's facial features put it that way. Obviously everyone has a vastly different response but I wanted to second everything you stated. Anyone using HGH just take notice of your facial features. Granted everyone changes through the years but HGH has chaned me more in a few years usage than 15 years of AAS usage ever did.

IMG_6084.png

Dallas is a solid example of what happens to your face from GH abuse. The changes can happen very quickly too, Even a year is enough to see significant changes.

Wow, learned something new today. Had never heard of tazarotene before. I see alldaychemist has it. Maybe I'll order some instead of restocking on tretinoin.

Any downside to it? Just the same pracautions of only using at night and making sure you wear sunscreen?

Tazarotene can dry out skin, so lots of moisturizer is important until your skin adjusts. It's actually more potent than tretinoin in some ways but leads much less irritation. It targets RAR Gamma and RAR Beta receptors. RAR gamma is the most important retinoid receptor for skin benefits.

There are 6 RAR/RXR receptors in total. Tretinoin and accutane bind to all 6, which is why they are notorious for side effects. So think of tazarotene as a SERM but for retinoid receptors; SRARM (Selective retinoid acid receptor modulator)

HGH is best for prevention, it will not usually reverse skin aging, although it can help hydrate skin and body if there is a GH/IGF-1 deficiency like we see in seniors. Also, as you said, some people can get ugly from it when abused I.E acromegaly.

ACROMEGALY; male & female before and after.
1685710610306.png

I feel my face has aged not so much from AAS or HGH but from lifting heavy and to failure.

I know this may sound silly but everyone knows the “ugly face” they make when you’re forcing those last couple reps out. I believe I have created wrinkles in my skin below the nose on both sides from that, along with aging, stress, etc.

Just IMO

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner