YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does lantus require the same amount of carbs as fast acting insulin?

fitnessmuscle

Registered
So if someone where to take 50ius of humalog which would be crazy I would think ,then technically you need 500 grams of carbs and you better get it in within 2 hours , now lantus a slow acting insulin if you took 50ius would you need the same amount of carbs 500 grams only you could spread it out over 12 to 18 hours which is lantus active life ? now that’s just my guess which is why I’m asking , is that correct ? following the 10 grams of carbs per iu of insulin, so with lantus would you need to take in that many carbs or is lantus different in some way ?i mean I’ve heard of guys who work up to 100ius of lantus a day ,which would mean you need 1000 grams of carbs to cover that😳 ? Now I never heard of anyone take that much of fast acting insulin’s unless I’m wrong , what do you guys think?

50ius of log? Gonna need a whole lot of carbs. 50ius of lantus, you could almost do keto and be ok

50ius of log? Gonna need a whole lot of carbs. 50ius of lantus, you could almost do keto and be ok
Wow see that’s what I’m asking, so lantus doesn’t require the same amount of carbs as fast acting slin is what you’re saying? So how do you personally calculate lantus carb intake with like you said 50ius lantus how many carbs do you need to cover that ? Bro I’ve heard of guys doing 100ius daily of lantus

Wow see that’s what I’m asking, so lantus doesn’t require the same amount of carbs as fast acting slin is what you’re saying? So how do you personally calculate lantus carb intake with like you said 50ius lantus how many carbs do you need to cover that ? Bro I’ve heard of guys doing 100ius daily of lantus
There is no formula, everyone has different insulin sensitivity. How about you eat x amount of carbs (however much YOU eat daily) and dose your insulin based off that. Your wanting to do it the opposite way.
If you have been eating 300 grams of carbs daily then match your insulin dose to that.

@fitnessmuscle you need to stop making threads and get to know that search button and make it your best friend!

@fitnessmuscle you need to stop making threads and get to know that search button and make it your best friend!
Ya tried that problem is to much mixed information from people who don’t know either, it seems like threads are a good way to get best info , remember the thread I made called is tren considered anabolic , funny I got roasted at first but yet 100+ responses later of lots of good info , thanks for the advice though , dam can’t even ask questions without people getting ass hurt

Wow see that’s what I’m asking, so lantus doesn’t require the same amount of carbs as fast acting slin is what you’re saying? So how do you personally calculate lantus carb intake with like you said 50ius lantus how many carbs do you need to cover that ? Bro I’ve heard of guys doing 100ius daily of lantus even without

It's more complicated than this, but Lantus is basal insulin, all diabetics take fast acting "meal insulin" too. Basal is what they need even without eating, pretty much. Lantus at 50iu would release about 2iu's per hour, not much. Like someone said above, might be able to go near keto on that. I would NOT try that though.

Brent is a diabetic:

It's more complicated than this, but Lantus is basal insulin, all diabetics take fast acting "meal insulin" too. Basal is what they need even without eating, pretty much. Lantus at 50iu would release about 2iu's per hour, not much. Like someone said above, might be able to go near keto on that. I would NOT try that though.

Brent is a diabetic:

Thank you sir for the response, that actually helps a lot, greatly appreciated 👍

Ya tried that problem is to much mixed information from people who don’t know either, it seems like threads are a good way to get best info , remember the thread I made called is tren considered anabolic , funny I got roasted at first but yet 100+ responses later of lots of good info , thanks for the advice though , dam can’t even ask questions without people getting ass hurt
serious question
what is your age

plenty of times i have taken 10iu novolin pre-workout + 10mg superdrol with maybe a big Gatorade BCAAs creatine intra but that was cutting it close, id have to eat quickly after or go hypo, I've gone hypo a few times basically crawling out the gym lol, poor timing.

like I told @A50# keep a banana on hand at all times, and a big Gatorade, and a big bottle of local raw organic unfiltered honey, and you have nothing to worry about.

plenty of times i have taken 10iu novolin pre-workout + 10mg superdrol with maybe a big Gatorade BCAAs creatine intra but that was cutting it close, id have to eat quickly after or go hypo, I've gone hypo a few times basically crawling out the gym lol, poor timing.

like I told @A50# keep a banana on hand at all times, and a big Gatorade, and a big bottle of local raw organic unfiltered honey, and you have nothing to worry about.
That's extremely overkill. Considering paramedics standard protocol for a patient that is responsive is 15-20g of glucose, wait 10 minutes and retest sugar levels, administering more if needed.

Just the banana should be sufficient or the Gatorade....maybe both but that's if you have no Understanding of your current sensitivity and are just pissing in the wind with a dosage.

You should never get to the point of having to carry around a big bottle of honey....major overkill or major misuse of insulin if that is ever needed

That's extremely overkill. Considering paramedics standard protocol for a patient that is responsive is 15-20g of glucose, wait 10 minutes and retest sugar levels, administering more if needed.

Just the banana should be sufficient or the Gatorade....maybe both but that's if you have no Understanding of your current sensitivity and are just pissing in the wind with a dosage.

You should never get to the point of having to carry around a big bottle of honey....major overkill or major misuse of insulin if that is ever needed
Its a precaution and I Am not going to argue with a dude who just joined in 2023. I carry a GLOCK on me always too. I also have car and home insurance, as well as health insurance. Do I use it hardly? GUESS. Case and point since you tried to dissect and twist and take things out of context - If you stay ready, you dont have to get ready.

I sure as fuck dont consume all that, I maybe have a banana in a shake an hour before the gym, and 40g of carbs from the gatorade INTRA, and in theory in terms of keeping a jug of honey in your gym bag, come on guy were you born yesterday? the honey occupies no space and comes in handy. Better safe than sorry. I carry an extra shirt and shrots with me in my gym bag too, for EMERGENCIES. Can you differentiate between what I am clarifying for you, or are you still stuck and ready to respond impulsively again without thinking before you type? I am not trying to make converts here nor am I answering somebody to give them specific advice. I mentioned two experiences, and both of us look good and know what we are doing, valued members of this board, and the friend I mentioned is a MOD, mind you. Nice attempt, I have a degree in the medical field from my early 20s. You are trying to flex information that even the ripest members here are aware of lol, preaching to the choir.

I can take a picture for you of my inbox an show you the members private messaging me numerous times per week, for the last year plus, for INSULIN help and protocol, a few of them are MODS , but yes, you are omniscient and the alpha and the omega on this concept .

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear