over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

does overheating destroy gear?

Arko.

Registered
if a person were to put a bottle of gear in a pot on the stove, and let it heat up to 2-300'c (not 'f ) for say 10-15min, would the heat degrade or destroy the hormone all together? for example test prop, mast prop, deca, etc.
thanks

did the vials not explode? those high of temps should cause the oil to smoke and the BA and possibly the BB to evaporate... I highly doubt the chemicals were effected but once oil reaches smoking point it starts to degrade... also if you had a needle in the stopper you can bet the BA and maybe even BB vented out the mix which could cause issues with crashing and/or sterility of the mix as well...

if a person were to put a bottle of gear in a pot on the stove, and let it heat up to 2-300'c (not 'f ) for say 10-15min, would the heat degrade or destroy the hormone all together? for example test prop, mast prop, deca, etc.
thanks

What's the point of asking what if? Do you plan to heat your gear up to that temp or are you just wasting people's time?

Yes if you are getting to the 300 degree range. It's good to do some research on some basic chemistry if you are going to do some home brew and not take advice from "bros." That's why you have people telling you to bake your gear to sterilize it without taking into account boiling points and melting points. BA and BB have a very high boiling point so you shouldn't have to worry about it evaporating away. Unlike regular ethyl alcohol which boiling point is 173 degrees fahrenheit benzyl alcohol is 401 degrees. If you heat your gear up to the melting point, it will begin to destroy the hormone. I use as little heat as possible, trying to keep it around 120 degrees. I try to put as little stress on hormone itself to keep potency as high as possible. A .22 micron filter will filter out anything harmful that may be in your batch. The BA will create a bacteriostatic environment which will prevent any bacteria from breeding in your gear.

Here is a list of hormones and their melting points. Stay well away from the melting point.

ndrostanolone- 5a-ANDROSTAN-17b-OL-3-ONE
(SAME AS 5a-Dihydrotestosterone)
melting point= 177-182C
molecular weight= 290.40
rotation= +33 c=1 CHCL3

Boldenone- 1,4-ANDROSTADIEN-17B-OL-3-ONE
melting point= 167-172C
molecular weight= 286.40
rotation= +22 CHCL3

BOLDENONE UNDECLYNATE- 1,4-ANDROSTADIEN-17B-OL-3-ONE-UNDECYLENATE
melting point=
molecular weight=
rotation=

CLOMIFENE CITRATE-2-(p- (2-chloro-1,2-diphenylvinyl)phenoxy) triethylamine citrate (1:1)
melting point= 116.5C
molecular weight= 598.09

CLOSTEBOL- 4-ANDROSTEN-4-CHLORO-17b-OL-3-ONE
melting point= 187-188C
molecular weight= 322.89
rotation= +150 CHLF

DROSTANOLONE- 5a-ANDROSTAN-2a-METHYL-17b-OL-3-ONE
(SAME AS DROMOSTANOLONE)
melting point= 149-153C
molecular weight= 304.36
rotation= +32 MeOH

LETROZOLE-4,4'-(1H-1,2,4 -Triazol-1-ylmethylene) dibenzonitrile
melting point= 184-185C
molecular weight= 285.31

MESTEROLONE- 5a-ANDROSTAN-1a-METHYL-17b-OL-3-ONE
melting point= 202-206C
molecular weight= 304.36
rotation= =18 CHCL3

METHANDIONONE- 1,4-ANDROSTADIEN-17a-METHYL-17B-OL-3-ONE
(SAME AS METHYLANDROSTENOLONE)
melting point= 162-164C
molecular weight= 300.42
rotation= +0 CHCL3

METHENOLONE- 1,5a-ANDROSTEN-1-METHYL-17b-OL-3-ONE
melting point= 164-165C
molecular weight=
rotation= +58 CHLF

METHYL testosterone
melting point= 162-167c
molecular weight= 302.46

NANDROLONE- 4-ESTREN-17b-OL-3-ONE
melting point= 122-125C
molecular weight= 274.38
rotation= +56 C=1 CHCL3

NANDROLONE ACETATE- 4-ESTREN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-ACETATE
melting point= 89-93C
molecular weight= 316.41
rotation= +49 C=1 CHCL3

NANDROLONE BENZOATE- 4-ESTREN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-BENZOATE
melting point= 170-175C
molecular weight= 378.49
rotation= +104 C=1 CHCL3

NANDROLONE DECANOATE- 4-ESTREN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-DECANOATE
melting point= 30-35C
molecular weight= 428.63
rotation=

NANDROLONE PHENYLPROPIONATE- 4-ESTREN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-PHENYLPROPIONATE
melting point= 92-96C
molecular weight= 406.54
rotation= +58 C=1 CHCL3

NANDROLONE PROPIONATE- 4-ESTREN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-PROPIONATE
melting point= 55-60C
molecular weight= 330.45
rotation= +41 C=1 CHCL3

OXANDROLONE-
melting point= 235-238C

OXYMETHOLONE- 5a-ANDROSTAN-17a-METHYL-17b-OL-2-
HYDROXYMETHYLENE-3-ONE
melting point= 177-180C
molecular weight= 332.47
rotation= +38 ETOH

SPIRONOLACTONE- 4,17a-PREGNEN-21-CARBOXYLIC ACID-17b-OL-3-ONE-7a-THIOL 21-17 GAMMA LACTONE 7-ACETATE
(SAME AS ALDACTONE)
melting point= 207C
molecular weight= 416-.59
rotation=

STANOZOLOL- 5a-ANDROSTAN-17a-METHYL-17b-OL-3,
2c-PYRAZOLE
melting point prisms= 228-242C (235C)
melting point needles= 155C
molecular weight= 328.42
rotation= +36 CHCL3

TADALAFIL-
melting point= 298-300C
molecular weight= 389.41
roatation= [a]20D: +70 DEG to +73 DEG

TAMOXIFEN CITRATE- 2-[4-1,2-Diphenyl-1-Butenyl)
melting point= 143-146C
molecular weight= 563.65

testosterone BASE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE
melting point= 154-155C
molecular weight= 288.4
rotation= +102 degrees C=1 CHCL3

testosterone ACETATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-ACETATE
melting point=140-144C
molecular weight=330.45
rotation= +59 C=1 ACETONE

testosterone BENZOATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-BENZOATE
melting point=191-196C
molecular weight=392.52
rotation= +155 C=1 CHCL3

testosterone CYPIONATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-CYCLOPENTYLPROPIONATE
(SAME AS testosterone CYCLOPENTYLPROPIONATE)
melting point=98-102C
molecular weight=412.59
rotation= +87 C=1 CHCL3

testosterone ENANTHATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-ENANTHATE
(SAME AS testosterone HEPTANOATE)
melting point=32-36C
molecular weight=400.61
rotation= +84 C=1 CHCL3

TESTOSETERONE DECANOATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-n-DECANOATE
melting point=47-49C
molecular weight=
rotation= +72 DIOXANE

testosterone ISOBUTYRATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-ISOBUTYRATE
melting point=124-128C
molecular weight=358.50

testosterone ISOCAPRONATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE ISOCAPRONATE
melting point=53-55C
rotation= +86 CHLF

testosterone VALERATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-VALERATE
(SAME AS testosterone PENTANOATE)
melting point=106-109C
molecular weight=372.53
rotation= +92 C=1 CHCL3

testosterone PHENYLPROPIONATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 3-PHENYLPROPIONATE
melting point=115-116C
rotation= +98 CHLF

testosterone PROPIONATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-PROPIONATE
melting point=118-122C
molecular weight=344.50
rotation= +86 C=1 DIOXANE

testosterone UNDECANOATE- 4-Androsten-17b-ol-3-one 17-undecanoate
melting point=
molecular weight=
rotation=

TRENBOLONE ACETATE-
melting point= 94-97C

TURINABOL- 4-ANDROSTEN-4-CHLORO-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-ACETATE
melting point= 225-230C
molecular weight= 364.89
rotation= =118 CHCL3

Last edited:
thanks

No, HG ampules take great heat to seal the glass tubes.

Ak

I may be wrong, if I am I apologize. But it sounds like dude might be heating it up because it crashed, or just heating it up before he pins. I myself always bring my water almost to a boiling point, which is 185 degrees to 200 degrees F. Then I put my needle / plunger in backwards to heat it up for about 10 min before I inject. It helps my gear flow through my needle much smoother, because the test E is thick!!

A safe rule is to put water in a pan, wait it boil, and then the hormone in a vial with a neddle inserted to depressurisate... By doing this you make sure that temperature won't go beyond 100ºC, that's the water boiling point.

A safe rule is to put water in a pan, wait it boil, and then the hormone in a vial with a neddle inserted to depressurisate... By doing this you make sure that temperature won't go beyond 100ºC, that's the water boiling point.

Yep!! Thats exactly how I do it. I heat my water almost to a boil, take it off, pour it into a tall cup, then put my needle in backwards:D I dont put my vial in the water, just what I am injecting.

raw powder melting points are different than the drug dissolved/suspended in oil. I do agree keeping heat as low as possible but people have been baking their gear since 1990's and original IP and making things pain free as well as continuing to grow off the baked gear.

Also BA doesn't technically evaporate per se as explained in the post in this thread...
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-painful-gear-test-flu-etc-6.html#post1487541
but thousands have baked over the years and made crippling gear tolerable. results don't lie.
You guys would be surprised at how many sources bake or boil their gear to sterilize it in the vial before labeling...which may or may not be clarification filtered.
It is very rare to get bacterial contaminated gear as most guys use way to much solvent anyway for protection.
I knew one canadian source before Raw Deal that basically mixed the drug powder/oil/solvent into non sterile vials and stoppers. They were "pre-cleaned" but he baked every thing.
Guys raved about his gear but there would be a powder/residue film that would settle out. Your filter would be almost black after filtering then baking it with added sterile USP oil would make it very high quality
for the most part.

Last edited:
thanks fellas, i was mistaken it was actually 'f, not 'c/. which makes a huge difference forsure.

just trying to make my ug gear I bought sterile.

Can I trust the electronic thermometer on my oven? awesome thread.

Run the hot water in your sink. Put enough hot water to come to the full level of your gear. Let it set for about 5 minutes. Remove and use. It's about 110 deg. Fahrenheit . It's perfect! Smooth! Not too hot! Why in the world would you heat it to 200+ degrees?

Can I trust the electronic thermometer on my oven? awesome thread.

there is a percentage of variance im sure like 1-3% maybe but nothing too drastic ... obviously the newer the appliance the more accurate the thermometer will be... also the higher the temp you set the higher the variance will prob be also since factors like heat bleeding off...best bet is buy a mini dial oven thermometer to test the variance of your oven when you set the temp knob...

Are these people a few posts above talking about it being hot enough to heat to shoot or hot enough to dissolve if its crashing?

Yes if you are getting to the 300 degree range. It's good to do some research on some basic chemistry if you are going to do some home brew and not take advice from "bros." That's why you have people telling you to bake your gear to sterilize it without taking into account boiling points and melting points. BA and BB have a very high boiling point so you shouldn't have to worry about it evaporating away. Unlike regular ethyl alcohol which boiling point is 173 degrees fahrenheit benzyl alcohol is 401 degrees. If you heat your gear up to the melting point, it will begin to destroy the hormone. I use as little heat as possible, trying to keep it around 120 degrees. I try to put as little stress on hormone itself to keep potency as high as possible. A .22 micron filter will filter out anything harmful that may be in your batch. The BA will create a bacteriostatic environment which will prevent any bacteria from breeding in your gear.

Here is a list of hormones and their melting points. Stay well away from the melting point.

testosterone ENANTHATE- 4-ANDROSTEN-17b-OL-3-ONE 17-ENANTHATE
(SAME AS testosterone HEPTANOATE)
melting point=32-36C
molecular weight=400.61
rotation= +84 C=1 CHCL3

If what you're saying would be the truth...TE melting point is 32-36C so the hormone must destroyed basivally in room temp

Are these people a few posts above talking about it being hot enough to heat to shoot or hot enough to dissolve if its crashing?

crash. like that dave matthews band's song.

If what you're saying would be the truth...TE melting point is 32-36C so the hormone must destroyed basivally in room temp

you got it!! heating gear to melting point doesn't hurt the hormone,it makes for PAINLESS GEAR.if heated to the melting point it fully desolves in the oil.

really man I wish I was more of a chemist to fully comprehend all of this. I'm not claiming this as fact. It's what I partly believe in and practice. I started following this protocol because when I first started running gear, I would get tren from my buddy. His stuff was very dark. I remember he said he baked it to sterilize at 350 for 30 mins. I did my cycle, was ok. As I got more into home brew, I Started reading about tren and potential oxidation. Realized he baked it over melting point. Since then I have treated all my brews with very low temps, therefor very low stress on the hormones. Response to the same gear has been much greater. So it's kind of been one of those things, "if it works, stick with it" back by a little data. I don't know what to say when it comes to these compounds that have super low melting points. maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's more of the boiling point. Logically I just figure the less stress I place on the hormone, the less chance of any oxidation or breakdown, whatever you wanna call it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member