advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does the amount of sleep you get even matter?

Sleep quality is more important than sleep duration. Deep 5-6 hours sleep is A LOT better than 8-9hours sleep waking up every hour or two.

I think sleep is very important .I suffer chronic insomnia and sometimes or most times get 1 hour at a time followed bybwaking up 30 min and repeat for years on end.

Averaging in total 3 to 4 hours a night if that.i personally think this has seriously hampered my potential on or off cycle.
This is the way it is for me now. Lately I try to go to bed early because I know what's going to happen but it doesn't matter. Last night I was in bed at 10 only to awake at 1109 then procede to stay up til 230. Up again at 3. Back to sleep at 6. Up for good at 720.

in my own experience when i used to get 8ish hours of sleep i was functional but sometimes dragging. gains were steady and bodyfat was always around 10% offseason. now im sleeping 10-12 hrs and my gains are leaner and altho not much faster my joints tendons etc are much stronger than ever even while sub 8% and dry

for me between 7 and 8 hours is perfect..anymore and im dragging ass all day and any less and im dragging ass all day lol

What do you mean about the cortisol?

When your body releases a lot of cortisol, you feel great, not hungry, lots of energy, sense of well being. It also breaks down muscle tissue and releasing too much eventually leads to the inability to create enough.

Can you post this study?

I'm not posting this from any study, mainly from what my doctor as taught me and my own reading over the years.

Everyone is different but I believe the best answer to this question is not how much sleep as what kind of sleep we get.

I have suffered from insomnia almost my entire life. It wasnt until I started using HGH that I found out what real sleep is.

Honestly, the number one reason I use HGH is not for muscular growth, or health, or even anti aging, but to SLEEP like I did when I was a child. I might only sleep for 4 hours, but its dreaming vivid dreams sleep and it works wonders for me.

I feel completely refreshed and ready to roll. So I think the better question is how much sleep is good sleep when its REM sleep.

Sleep quality is more important than sleep duration. Deep 5-6 hours sleep is A LOT better than 8-9hours sleep waking up every hour or two.

Acetylcarnitine will reduce the amount of sleep you need. It did for me anyway.

Shaved off a good hour easily.

Most people who don't sleep much have catch up days where they sleep a lot. Also, damage from not sleeping enough may take years or decades to show up and might not be reversible. Most bodybuilders SWEAR by sleeping a lot to maximize gains.

Yes, or they use stimulants to compensate.

Sleep is not just about the body, its also about your BRAIN. In a study of 600 people sleeping on 4 hours of sleep a night, 75% eventually had impairment in memory and cognition.

Like someone else said, differences in sleep patterns is very normal for every human being but I do think that when you're trying to GROW, sleep matters.

When I'm cutting down on gear, i sometimes get 4-5 hours a night because of fucking Tren...but i still look awesome.

But if it's offseason and i'm trying to put on some quality mass, I want to get 6-10 for sure. Weekends I sometimes try and hit 12 :p

Ever seen how jacked some guys are in prison? On a shit diet? Rest makes them grow

I'm only getting 2-3 hours of sleep at a time and rarely more than 4-5 hours in a 24 hour period. I'll kill for more sleep but I just can't get it working nights. Is this stunting my growth progress?...maybe

The amount of quality deep sleep matters greatly. But it's all relative.

Rem sleep is what matters 1month ago I finally took my ass in for to get tested for sleep apnea results came back horrible got no rem sleep now I have a breathe machine and I can tell u this I feel like a new man now way more energy better workouts..now for muscle growth not sure yet put on 2lbs but to soon to see what can of extra size I could put on from getting deep sleep..deff feel soooo much better...:headbang:

Swing shift ruins my sleep. Especially the end of dayshift week. Finish up days and come back a day and a half on to midnights. I usually lose around 5lbs at the end of midnight week. I can't sleep well, can't eat regularly and don't feel motivated. On the other shifts I feel much better and sleep better. At least a good 5-7 hours of sleep is essential for me at least. On days off I sleep 8-10 hours sometimes 12 and feel freakin great. Overall I seem to progress just fine on day and afternoons. Midnights can go to hell

I've been getting shitty sleep recently. Snoring out the fucking ass, waking up tired. Sucks.

best for me is 7-8.5/9hr...I know if schedule etc is tight 5-6hr will get me by a night or two out of the week preferably spread out tho.. can still maintain the mental acuity and have a good day at gym with impressive lifts.. I start going back to back multiple nights with less sleep and then things start to diminish.. strength/power drop first then acuity follows later... thats regardless of diet etc...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131