advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does the amount of sleep you get even matter?

I have a broken nose which cannot breath from plus tren makes everything worse breathing from my mouth. But iv always had the issue of sleeping 10-12 hour I always feel restless etc tired always wanna be in bed etc I tend to get bored and fall half asleep when driving for more than 20-30 mins anybody has any idea how to help with this situation.? I sleep way too much

Lack of sleep=more cortisol release=suppressed appetite.

To clarify,with Sleep Deprivation serum cortisol levels tend to rise during sleep periods, and decrease significantly upon waking, thus disrupting one's Circadian rhythm.

Last edited:
I have a broken nose which cannot breath from plus tren makes everything worse breathing from my mouth. But iv always had the issue of sleeping 10-12 hour I always feel restless etc tired always wanna be in bed etc I tend to get bored and fall half asleep when driving for more than 20-30 mins anybody has any idea how to help with this situation.? I sleep way too much

A deviated septum increases your chances of OSA, probably should have a sleep study done.

I get 6 hours with no naps mon to fri and 8 hours with a small nap on the weekend. I find this seems to work good for me.

To me, sleeping more doesn't neccesarily equate to bigger gains. What more sleep to me means is that I feel better/healthier and and I recovery faster from workouts. I'm one of those people that need 8 hours of sleep to function properly but can sleep up to 10 hours.

As far as just the sleep equation is concerned, recovering faster does equal bigger gains since you're able to train again sooner.

As with human beings, diversity is the norm, 4-6 may be enough for someones cns and musculature to recover- while others need 8-10.
For me the magic number is 7.
This was Ronnie's cut-off time limit for sleep. He said any less and he'd be a zombie.

Last edited:
As far as just the sleep equation is concerned, recovering faster does equal bigger gains since you're able to train again sooner.

Yeah I realized that when Kal corrected me.

Yeah I realized that when Kal corrected me.

I jumped right to posting after reading your post and didn't get to his til later. Carry on my man

Some of the most brilliant Philosophers,Inventors and Presidents were polyphasic sleepers.
Just saying :D

Although, that doesn't have shit do with op's original question.

Last edited:
A deviated septum increases your chances of OSA, probably should have a sleep study done.

Yes i had my glands removed also but barely helped i had a slight deviated septum which was not something to worry much about.

Also but i am quessing once my bf goes down my breathing shall improve im by 20% or so maybe 16-17% was disabled for 6 months gained 40lbs got really fat. Fml

Yes i had my glands removed also but barely helped i had a slight deviated septum which was not something to worry much about.

Also but i am quessing once my bf goes down my breathing shall improve im by 20% or so maybe 16-17% was disabled for 6 months gained 40lbs got really fat. Fml

Sorry to hear that, just keep in mind that if by chance you do have OSA depending on the severity, not only does this cause complete dysfunction of your Endocrine system it also wrecks havoc on your vascular system.

Most people who don't sleep much have catch up days where they sleep a lot. Also, damage from not sleeping enough may take years or decades to show up and might not be reversible. Most bodybuilders SWEAR by sleeping a lot to maximize gains.

Can you post this study?

Sorry to hear that, just keep in mind that if by chance you do have OSA depending on the severity, not only does this cause complete dysfunction of your Endocrine system it also wrecks havoc on your vascular system.

Tell me about it I think when i was 12-14% BF it did not bother me as much as i was not that overweight but that was about a year ago and i had a bad accident and memory is kinda messed up. but hopefully when my weigh goes down cause 250lbs 20% bf sucks i think its whats the main cause.

I'd say that quality and quantity of sleep definitely matter.

Fragmented Sleep Reduces 24h Fat Oxidation by > 50% - Not Getting a Good Night's Sleep Sets You Up For Obesity. - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

Does Your Diet Fail, 'cause You Sleep Too Little? 40 Minutes Extra Sleep Will Shed an Additional Pound of Fat in 6 Months - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

I can absolutely tell a difference in not just energy, but mood, clarity, dexterity, strength, endurance and many other things when I get good sleep and when I don't. How could it not be important?

I think the importance is obvious however how much sleep you need really depends on the person. I have a friend who functions great sleeping 6 hours a day. I sleep 10 hours and then usually take a nap for an hour or two during the day. Working from home has really got me lazy :D

I think sleep is very important .I suffer chronic insomnia and sometimes or most times get 1 hour at a time followed bybwaking up 30 min and repeat for years on end.

Averaging in total 3 to 4 hours a night if that.i personally think this has seriously hampered my potential on or off cycle.

I think sleep plays a huge role in keeping your schedule, it allows better brain function as well. I don't really think it has much to do with building muscle though. I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night for the last 2 weeks. Yet ive never felt better in the gym. Everythinglift I do is as heavy or heavier than when I started my cut. But I think the lack of sleep is affecting my attitude, and to some extent the blurred vision I've been having recently.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131