YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does the IFBB need to bring back Diuretic testing for the sake of these guys?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
After Jay Cutler threatened to sue the ifbb for his supposed 2001 mr 0lympia failed diuretic test since they didn’t use a Olympic accredited lab the drug test has been MIA.

With all these super conditioned athletes being literally close to death whilst onstage as a fan I am willing to see less freaky bodies if this means less fatalities in this business.

Also other than rare exceptions like Rich Piana who supposedly was using a lot of Recreational drugs at the time of his death most huge “Gym Bros” don’t seem to have the same toll on their bodies like guys who compete a lot.

I think of guys like Evan Centopani and Kai Green who make way more money than guys getting ready for prep on a regular basis but aren’t putting the same toll on their bodies to get a plastic trophy.

I've said it for years.. yes.. it needs to test for diuretics.. but then what other method will they lose to cut water , .. sit in a sauna with rubber suits.. stop taking in water for days. It's all dangerous
The only way to stop it is to put a bit less emphasis on conditioning g.. we don't need to see your spleen..
That being said the typical competitor mindset is that they will hedge their bets and still come in ultra conditioned.. " just to be sure"..
So what now.. ? Hopefully these goofs ( competitors) see the toll it'd taken on some bodybuilders and they reign it in themselved.. thats the real only way..

They would likely find a way around it such as getting them prescribed for high blood pressure using it as an excuse why they need them. Don't think it would work as well as we think

The way I see it is there are main reasons why they are being used;

Making weight
Using them to be able to carb up and fill out fully but still come in dry
To fix a spillover when time is of the essence. Won’t have time in most cases to fix that without a diuretic

The only way is to find methods to avoid issues. Staying low carb and minimally carbing up, coming in as low body fat as possible , focusing on digestion because a bad gut can definitely cause some inflammation, etc.

Also , finding other options of supps or compounds that would produce a diuretic effect without the harsh sides.

only issue is the weight cut as these guys don’t want to sacrifice muscle mass. Same with the carb ups. They’re always going to want to come in As full as possible

Nah, they accepted the risk when they chose the career.

it’s a level playing field with everyone having access to everything. Making a test is only gonna create a need to cheat the test.

then it becomes like MMA where everyone still cheats, but has found a way to skate test results with a worse outcome.

Diuretic use can go sideways but it takes some abuse plus not knowing enough about which diuretic your using. Potassium sparing diuretics that land you in the hospital often times lead to death as the medical staff are trained to recognize assess severe dehydration and not what specifically dehydrated you. I mean they will inquire but if your unconscious they dont know what happened. If they fill you with electrolytes and you already have enough potassium, well theres a cascade off effects on the heart and other organs and you can die. However this is bodybuilding. Unregulated, and thats how we like it.

If I wanna use a half a thiazide each day for a few days leading into the show. I should be able to do that. No one races motorcycles and then gets mad at the sport when riders crash and end up hurt or dead. Skydiving, rock climbing etc.... They are all inherently dangerous but we take on that risk knowing its not a guarantee of safety.

Trying to implement drug regulation within the IFBB/NPC is going to be a complete shit show. Just like it was when they tried it.

It was shocking and heartbreaking to see that Da Bull JP had passed..... I don't know if it was related to diuretics or what happened havent seen any details. It is heartbreaking but it goes along with what we do. When you decide to hit that competitive road, your health is still a factor, but most of us are competing with the understanding that this is what it takes to win.

As in most cases in this world, if they really could, then they really would. Do we need better people competing in this world, or do we need better "gods" watching over us?

No, absolutely not. Wouldn't solve anything.

Plus you know the least conditioned guys like at the O are usually the ones on the most harsh loop diuretics. Because they think "it's just water".

Besides, I like conditioning as a judging criteria.

But there's no way to protect the guys against accidents via more testing. Only way is the guys themselves take more responsibility.

Risk vs reward and as most of us know were willing to take risks to reach the rewards.
I agree bring the test back but like @LATS said there going to just find another way that could be even more dangerous.
Its just to bad I believe that the diuretics are one of the problems the other is running your estrogen through the roof or crashing it both are super dangerous for the cardiovascular system which seems to be the top thing taking out the big guys.

I pray for everyone 🙏
BIGMURPH
WorldofRoids.to
[email protected]

Risk vs reward and as most of us know were willing to take risks to reach the rewards.
I agree bring the test back but like @LATS said there going to just find another way that could be even more dangerous.
Its just to bad I believe that the diuretics are one of the problems the other is running your estrogen through the roof or crashing it both are super dangerous for the cardiovascular system which seems to be the top thing taking out the big guys.

I pray for everyone 🙏
BIGMURPH
WorldofRoids.to
[email protected]
Uhm...are you suggesting that taking your estrogen to zero for a few weeks is deadly?

Uhm...are you suggesting that taking your estrogen to zero for a few weeks is deadly?
Im saying that high estrogen and low estrogen have extremely damaging effects on the cardiovascular system and this leads to alot of the cardiac issues people who live our lifestyle face
It can definitely be deadly in time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity