advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does this mean I am not insulin sensitive?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I have always wondered if I am insulin sensitive or not. I feel I respond better to a high carb low-fat diet which probably is because I use a lot of peptides and HGH so having increased IGF levels all the time it would make sense the high carb low-fat diet would be best. When I use Humalog I follow the general rule of " at least"10 carbs per 1iu. Pre-workout I shoot my peptides HGH and around 7 IU Humalog. Usually all IM. About 15 to 25 minutes later I have 75 g waxy maize with 50 g whey isolate to follow the insulin Iu rule. Then about 1 to 1.5 hours later during humalogs 2nd spike nearing the end of my workout I have another 50 to 60 g waxy maize with 50 G Whey isolate to follow the " at least" 5 carb per iu on humalogs 2nd spike. Anyway I've noticed during my workouts I feel really dizzy and spacey and continue to feel that way a good 3 to 4 hours after my workout even long after the insulin has cleared my system. so I can only assume it's because I need more carbs. Does this mean I am not insulin sensitive? Is that a good thing? I know some guys can get away with less than the standard insulin carbohydrate guideline and they usually tend to be more insulin sensitive. Just curious if there is any truth behind this and if my solution is I may just need a lot more carbs. Thanks.

so you are asking if your need for more carbs to prevent yourself from going hypoglycemic after injecting insulin means you are not sensitive to insulin?

If your feeling dizzy and spaced out during the workout it means you are running out of glucose to satisfy the insulin...that means your sensitivity is high.

Personaly though insulin can tend to make me get a weird "mental feeling", like an out of it sort of feeling. And it can last for quite awhile even though its not really hypo...alot of guys say they dont feel right on slin. I notice it every time I do a run with slin.

Get a glucose monitor. There about 20-30$ at Walmart

110% or expect to regret it!

Justin Harris just had a great segment on Geared Up radio about this. You should listen to it

If your feeling dizzy and spaced out during the workout it means you are running out of glucose to satisfy the insulin...that means your sensitivity is high.

Personaly though insulin can tend to make me get a weird "mental feeling", like an out of it sort of feeling. And it can last for quite awhile even though its not really hypo...alot of guys say they dont feel right on slin. I notice it every time I do a run with slin.

x2

The Bigone... I would recommend you consume your intra shake throughout your entire workout. The steady supply of carbs should sort out your issues. Although as Kinglewy stated some people simply feel weird on slin. But I think having a more steady supply would be better than having 2 shakes quickly for you. I would be having a small meal/drink after the slin then consume a large shake over about 90 mins during and after your workout.

If you notice fat gain while on slin, that means you are starting to become insulin resistant. This means you need to stop using slin. In order not to become insulin resistant quickly, it's best to run slin in short bursts on and off IMO. I'm talking 3 weeks on/4 weeks off, repeat.

Get a glucose meter!

Yesterday i done:

90min before gym - large chicken and rice meal

Checked BC 15min before gym I was 4.9, then done 7iu novorapid and 15min later before entering gym i done BC and it was at 23.

Hour in gym sipping 70g HBCD and EAAS then checked BC I was 5.1

Home and had a big bowl of rice crispies and 1 Weetabix with 50g pro shake.

I then checked BC 1.5 hours later ( I Shoulda done 1 hour later ) and I was back up at 20.3. So I had potato and rice with chicken and it sorted me out.

The best way is to log it all mate, prior to starting the slin yesterday I was taking 500mg metformin before bed for 1 week only.

Thanks guys I will pick up a glucose monitor so I can be sure. Thank you

Having more carbs just to cover an insulin shot when your body doesn't needed especially if you don't feel right doesn't make sense to me.
Lowering your dose even better stop it for awhile would be a better choice then loading up on carbs making yourself even less sensitive and fat.
With that said I would have half of that first shake right as you start training and then sip in the rest. I would not have the second shake but I would have a whole meal post workout. That is more than enough to cover 7iu. You don't need a second shake for a second spike.

really no need for a glucose meter...waste of money

when you start putting on fat, and don't get pumps, stop the insulin.

there is more to insulin sensitivity than FBS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity