advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Tren have a place in hormone replacement therapy?

Mad Scientist

Newbies
IF tren were approved for human use, do you think it would have a place in normal, run-of-the-mill, HRT? If it were an option, should HRT docs consider incorporating tren (either alone or with test) into an average guy's HRT regimen?

I know people are doing it on their own, but I don't think it would ever be approved because it is too unhealthy. Nothing is safe long term compared to low dosed test.

I wouldn't doubt it if some of the anti-aging clinics in FL would have some on hand in their compounding pharmacies;)

NO, too many sides and it's not a hormone that the body normally contains.

Check out Dr. G's thread in the sponsor section. The good Doc ok's Tren/Test for HRT.

Also several studies that have used it with success in TRT. Some with better results that Test. As with anything though, real TRT doses are being used, not "cruise" doses, or it comes with all the risks of regular cycling.

Check out Dr. G's thread in the sponsor section. The good Doc ok's Tren/Test for HRT.

Also several studies that have used it with success in TRT. Some with better results that Test. As with anything though, real TRT doses are being used, not "cruise" doses, or it comes with all the risks of regular cycling.

I hate to ask, and I'm not doubting you (I'm on TRT, and would love to show these papers to my doc): can you provide links to the studies?

Friggin double post...

Last edited:
I hate to ask, and I'm not doubting you (I'm on TRT, and would love to show these papers to my doc): can you provide links to the studies?

No problem at all, let me check...The studies just compare low dosed tren to test (and SARMS if I recall), with decent results.

Problem is, your doc won't likely have access to HG Tren, because to my knowledge, there isn't any HG Tren, (since negma discontinued it)...it's still experimental for TRT.

Ok, found 'em. Nidal ak (member) posted these a while back.

Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applicati... [Steroids. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

steroids. 2010 Jun;75(6):377-89. Epub 2010 Feb 4.
Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applications of trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one): A potent anabolic steroid with reduced androgenic and estrogenic activity.
Yarrow JF, McCoy SC, Borst SE.
Source

Geriatric Research, Education & Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32608, United States. [email protected]
Abstract

Recently, the development of selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) has been suggested as a means of combating the deleterious catabolic effects of hypogonadism, especially in skeletal muscle and bone, without inducing the undesirable androgenic effects (e.g., prostate enlargement and polycythemia) associated with testosterone administration. 17beta-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone; 17beta-TBOH), a synthetic analog of testosterone, may be capable of inducing SARM-like effects as it binds to androgen receptors (ARs) with approximately three times the affinity of testosterone and has been shown to augment skeletal muscle mass and bone growth and reduce adiposity in a variety of mammalian species. In addition to its direct actions through ARs, 17beta-TBOH may also exert anabolic effects by altering the action of endogenous growth factors or inhibiting the action of glucocorticoids. Compared to testosterone, 17beta-TBOH appears to induce less growth in androgen-sensitive organs which highly express the 5alpha reductase enzyme (e.g., prostate tissue and accessory sex organs). The reduced androgenic effects result from the fact that 17beta-TBOH is metabolized to less potent androgens in vivo; while testosterone undergoes tissue-specific biotransformation to more potent steroids, dihydrotestosterone and 17beta-estradiol, via the 5alpha-reductase and aromatase enzymes, respectively. Thus the metabolism of 17beta-TBOH provides a basis for future research evaluating its safety and efficacy as a means of combating muscle and bone wasting conditions, obesity, and/or androgen insensitivity syndromes in humans, similar to that of other SARMs which are currently in development.

Published by Elsevier Inc.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Home - PubMed - NCBI

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Apr;300(4):E650-60. Epub 2011 Jan 25.
17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone) exhibits tissue selective anabolic activity: effects on muscle, bone, adiposity, hemoglobin, and prostate.
Yarrow JF, Conover CF, McCoy SC, Lipinska JA, Santillana CA, Hance JM, Cannady DF, VanPelt TD, Sanchez J, Conrad BP, Pingel JE, Wronski TJ, Borst SE.
Source

VA Medical Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32608-1197, USA. [email protected]
Abstract

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) now under development can protect against muscle and bone loss without causing prostate growth or polycythemia. 17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone), a potent testosterone analog, may have SARM-like actions because, unlike testosterone, trenbolone does not undergo tissue-specific 5α-reduction to form more potent androgens. We tested the hypothesis that trenbolone-enanthate (TREN) might prevent orchiectomy-induced losses in muscle and bone and visceral fat accumulation without increasing prostate mass or resulting in adverse hemoglobin elevations. Male F344 rats aged 3 mo underwent orchiectomy or remained intact and were administered graded doses of TREN, supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate, or vehicle for 29 days. In both intact and orchiectomized animals, all TREN doses and supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate augmented androgen-sensitive levator ani/bulbocavernosus muscle mass by 35-40% above shams (P ≤ 0.001) and produced a dose-dependent partial protection against orchiectomy-induced total and trabecular bone mineral density losses (P < 0.05) and visceral fat accumulation (P < 0.05). The lowest doses of TREN successfully maintained prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations at sham levels in both intact and orchiectomized animals, whereas supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate and high-dose TREN elevated prostate mass by 84 and 68%, respectively (P < 0.01). In summary, low-dose administration of the non-5α-reducible androgen TREN maintains prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations near the level of shams while producing potent myotrophic actions in skeletal muscle and partial protection against orchiectomy-induced bone loss and visceral fat accumulation. Our findings indicate that TREN has advantages over supraphysiological testosterone and supports the need for future preclinical studies examining the viability of TREN as an option for androgen replacement therapy.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've been crusing on test/tren 100/100 for a couple months now and I love it....Would like to up the dose of course but will remain patient til its time to blast!

I've been crusing on test/tren 100/100 for a couple months now and I love it....Would like to up the dose of course but will remain patient til its time to blast!

Tren Ethanate or Acetate? And is the 100/100 per week ,assuming it is? ..are you dividing the dose up per week or a single dose?
I've never run Tren, was contemplating the thought of Tren or Winstrol.

Thanks

Last edited:
No problem at all, let me check...The studies just compare low dosed tren to test (and SARMS if I recall), with decent results.

thanks, appreciated. I was hoping, hoping, hoping that there had been research conducted in humans on this topic that I had missed.

Pretty sure that it used to be used for hypogonadal men back in like the 70s or earlier by the brand name Finaject. It was discontinued by the FDA I think for some reason. I would say IMO that it isnt safe for long term use, liftetime long.

Pretty sure that it used to be used for hypogonadal men back in like the 70s or earlier by the brand name Finaject. It was discontinued by the FDA I think for some reason. I would say IMO that it isnt safe for long term use, liftetime long.

Hey Maldorf,
If my merory serves me correct (???lol)...finaject/finajet were made in France and not the US, so the FDA would make no decision on them. It was a 30ml vial, I forget the does per cc/ml (either 30 or 75) and there was no difference between the Finaject or the Finajet, just for some reason the same product was spelled differently from vila to vial. I used to get mine from Duchaine in the mid 80s.

Hey Maldorf,
If my merory serves me correct (???lol)...finaject/finajet were made in France and not the US, so the FDA would make no decision on them. It was a 30ml vial, I forget the does per cc/ml (either 30 or 75) and there was no difference between the Finaject or the Finajet, just for some reason the same product was spelled differently from vila to vial. I used to get mine from Duchaine in the mid 80s.

Yeah, I think youre right! I dont think they use it in Europe anymore either as that brand is now gone.

I don't know, why would you replace your bodies test with tren a different drug.

Sometimes man thinks he can out smart mother nature, thats why!

Sometimes man thinks he can out smart mother nature, thats why!

cant blame man for trying his best if the belgium blue managed to pull a fast one on ol' girl LOL!

Absolutely not. It's not practical when test works fine with much more manageable sides(long term)

Tren Ethanate or Acetate? And is the 100/100 per week ,assuming it is? ..are you dividing the dose up per week or a single dose?
I've never run Tren, was contemplating the thought of Tren or Winstrol.

Thanks

I do one .9ml shot a week.... .5ml of 200mg/ml tren E and .4ml of 250mg/ml test E....so I call it 100/100 :D

I plan to blast with tren within a few more weeks, then cruise on boring old test, and after a winter cycle go back to the tren cruise for spring/summer.

I'd like to stay on year round, but prefer others to go first :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner