advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Trestolone acetate (Ment) increase prolactin levels?

headtrainer

Registered
Does Trestolone acetate (Ment) increase prolactin levels? My understand is that all 19 Nors increase prolactin levels but I’m not certain in this particular case.

Does Trestolone acetate (Ment) increase prolactin levels? My understand is that all 19 Nors increase prolactin levels but I’m not certain in this particular case.

They don't "increase" prolactin, they ARE prolactin to a certain percentage. Almost all hormones have cross receptor activity, they can activate other receptors. Estrogen even acts like testosterone and activates the AR a little bit. There is no reason to think any 19-nor doesn't act like prolactin at least a little bit, how much is the question. For deca, it has about a 20% "affinity" it's called for the prolactin receptor.

They don't "increase" prolactin, they ARE prolactin to a certain percentage. Almost all hormones have cross receptor activity, they can activate other receptors. Estrogen even acts like testosterone and activates the AR a little bit. There is no reason to think any 19-nor doesn't act like prolactin at least a little bit, how much is the question. For deca, it has about a 20% "affinity" it's called for the prolactin receptor.
Are you saying Trestolone acetate activates the prolactin receptor? After running testosterone e along with Trestolone acetate my lab results showed my prolactin levels were elevated and the doctor increased my cabergoline.

I think you're confusing prolactin with progesterone?

Are you saying Trestolone acetate activates the prolactin receptor? After running testosterone e along with Trestolone acetate my lab results showed my prolactin levels were elevated and the doctor increased my cabergoline.

What I'm saying is, there is almost zero chance that Trestolone DOESN'T activate the prolactin receptor, it's just a question of how much.

Prolactin and progesterone often interact because of common cobinding factors, plus anything that activates one probably has a partial affinity for the other.

Your labs probably showed high prolactin because they used a bioassay/immunoassay testing method that caused the trestolone to show up as prolactin.

What I'm saying is, there is almost zero chance that Trestolone DOESN'T activate the prolactin receptor, it's just a question of how much.

Prolactin and progesterone often interact because of common cobinding factors, plus anything that activates one probably has a partial affinity for the other.

Your labs probably showed high prolactin because they used a bioassay/immunoassay testing method that caused the trestolone to show up as prolactin.
Thanks for the detailed info. I went off the Trestolone acetate 2 weeks before having labs done. It should have been out of my system by then. Therefore, I think my prolactin levels were still elevated from having used the 19 nor compound.

Im pretty sure deca, tren, trestolone interact with the progesterone receptor...which in turn increases prolactin levels. Estrogen, progesterone and testosterone receptors all accept various steroids to varying degrees. The interaction of these steroid receptors with the various steroids produce responses. In the case of the progesterone receptor interacting with trestolone(deca, tren) one of the responses is increased prolactin.

Thanks for the detailed info. I went off the Trestolone acetate 2 weeks before having labs done. It should have been out of my system by then. Therefore, I think my prolactin levels were still elevated from having used the 19 nor compound.

Elevated prolactin is pretty common, perhaps it is from something else? If you stopped the compound long enough for it to clear your system your prolactin shouldn't have shown elevation from it.

Stressed endocrine system in response to different chemicals is a common caused of prolactin response.

Yes he did, and now tries to cover it up with more bullshit instead of owning his mistake :naughty:

Progesterone is a steroid hormone, Prolactin is a peptide hormone. Very different. Consequently, no AAS have any binding affinity whatsoever for the Prolactin receptor.

Some AAS, presumably those with a progestagenic effect, may increase prolactin levels, though not through direct interaction with the Prolactin receptor. MENT may be one of those. But given that libido problems with MENT are very rare, it can't be too much of a problem. I would have some Caber on hand but only take it if your blood work shows out of range Prolactin and/or you have libido issues (despite estrogen control) or lactate.

Yes he did, and now tries to cover it up with more bullshit instead of owning his mistake :naughty:

Progesterone is a steroid hormone, Prolactin is a peptide hormone. Very different. Consequently, no AAS have any binding affinity whatsoever for the Prolactin receptor.

Some AAS, presumably those with a progestagenic effect, may increase prolactin levels, though not through direct interaction with the Prolactin receptor. MENT may be one of those. But given that libido problems with MENT are very rare, it can't be too much of a problem. I would have some Caber on hand but only take it if your blood work shows out of range Prolactin and/or you have libido issues (despite estrogen control) or lactate.

I know that Nandrolone is a full agonist of the progesterone receptor (PgR), but not sure about Trenbolone. I'm not sure any data exists.

Prolactin is mostly synthesised in response to estrogen. The Long Feedback Mechanism. Control E and control PRL.

*Edit: Tren is also a full 100% agonist of the PgR. Study to follow*

Last edited:
soma;2691591[B said:
]Im pretty sure deca, tren, trestolone interact with the progesterone recepto[/B]r...which in turn increases prolactin levels. Estrogen, progesterone and testosterone receptors all accept various steroids to varying degrees. The interaction of these steroid receptors with the various steroids produce responses. In the case of the progesterone receptor interacting with trestolone(deca, tren) one of the responses is increased prolactin.

Correct. Any 19-nor carries with the risk of causing prolactin/progesterone induced side effects. That is why these AAS can cause such bad sexual dysfunction for so many people, but personal response can be highly individual from a sensitivty standpoint.

Some people will experince complete sexual dysfunction on just 100 mg of tren for 4-6 weeks, regardless of how much DHT or associated steroids they have floating through their system.

On the other hand, some guys can take massive amounts of tren, nandrolone, or trest and be completely fine as long as they keep injecting at least some exogenous testosterone.

Personal response can fall anywhere between those two extremes.

As soon as I started reading this thread I was going to chime in, but Mike A and another bro already did. 19 nors are progesterone, they do not produce prolactin. The one guys Theory which he continues state is plain inaccurate and incorrect.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131