YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Whey interfer with Glutamine absorbtion?

Jaee

Newbies
Ok, the reason I ask is that someone on EF said this. Now what I do is immediately after working out, I add 50mg of dextrose (or pixie stix), 7 grams of glutamine and 5 grams of creatine to my protein shake which is 45 grams of whey and zero carbs (hence the pixie stixs or dextrose)

Now if it is true that whey and glutamine both compete for absorbtion, would it be better to mix my dextrose, glutamine and creatine in a water/juice drink and then follow it up with the whey protein about 20 minutes afterward? I do (mentally) enjoy taking in protein immediately upon completing my workout. So those muscles get the protein right away.

What is everyone opinion on taking glutamine with or before whey?

whey is a form of protein a combo of amino acids glutamine included if fact most name brands are high in glutamine
if your trying for a gh efect ive read 2 grams will do as said in ironman for an anti catabolic its said 8-10 grams so if your taking it for one of thoes reasons onley id use it by its self but as far as taking it in general thats like saying protein dosnt work cause all the aminos compete for absorbtion this just isnt the case this is kinda short i hope you understand what im saying take care bro

Last edited:
QUOTE by that same doctor! Check it OUT!

Right, AST's bought off doctor taking into consideration that 3/4 of all AST protein powders have ADDED GLUTAMINE says:

"New research indicates that OUR Protein powders glutamine is quickly absorbed based on inconclusive one time rat studies which BTW were trying to show something entirely different. HOWEVER during a time period of 3 weeks in the study which lasted two years, these studies SEEMED to indicate results which support you continuing to use our overpriced products which contain mostly cheap crap proteins as the main ingrediant."

ANGEL

LOL!! Good one angel.

Yeah, almost all supplement companies have a doctor that will say whatever they want. Usually knocking the competition and pumping up their own product beyond beleif.

The most important thing to remember is protein concentration and amino acid array. Other than that, their statements are just garbage.

Re: QUOTE by that same doctor! Check it OUT!

angel said:
Right, AST's bought off doctor taking into consideration that 3/4 of all AST protein powders have ADDED GLUTAMINE says:

"New research indicates that OUR Protein powders glutamine is quickly absorbed based on inconclusive one time rat studies which BTW were trying to show something entirely different. HOWEVER during a time period of 3 weeks in the study which lasted two years, these studies SEEMED to indicate results which support you continuing to use our overpriced products which contain mostly cheap crap proteins as the main ingrediant."

ANGEL

well there was also some info on their site that suggested seperating your glutamine and protein shake by a short period of time just to be on the safe side that u get the most absorbtion...

all in all, i have seperated them, took them together...didnt notice any difference for myself...so its a toss up untill someone else does some studies on this and or brings them to us..

Two things

1) Most Dr.s hired by supplement companies to endorse products are Chiroprators
2) Glutamine is found in trace amounts of whey so it doesn't matter.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear