over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DOES WINNY INHIBIT SHBG??

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
THAT IS THE QUESTION I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE ANSWER FOR... does anyone have any data on whether it is true or just spectulation??? if it does, why would you not use it in every cycle?? okay, children, lets discuss!!! :D

from "http://www.freeanabolicsteroidsinfo.com/winstrol.htm"

Oral use of stanozolol can also have a profound impact on levels of SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin). This admittedly is characteristic of all anabolic/androgenic steroids, however its potency and form of administration make Winstrol particularly noteworthy in this regard. Since plasma binding proteins such as SHBG act to temporarily constrain steroid hormones from exerting activity, this effect would provide a greater percentage of free (unbound) steroid hormone in the body. This may amount to an effective mechanism in which stanozolol could increase the potency of a concurrently used steroid. To further this purpose we could also addition Proviron (1 methyl-dihydrotestosterone), which has an extremely high affinity for SHBG. This affinity may cause Proviron to displace other weaker substrates for SHBG (such as testosterone), another mechanism in which the free hormone level may be increased. Adding Winstrol and Proviron to your next testosterone cycle may therefore prove very useful, markedly enhancing the free state of this potent muscle building androgen.

ya

I totally agree about proviron aiding like that...would like to throw it in every cycle -- when I take 150mgs a day my girl loves it!

Winny actually reduces SHBG by 50% in 3 days of 18mg dosing.
Id like to know if anything else has this effect (?)
Methandroil has the reputation for great affinity for the SHBG,
but the study I reviewed did not include that at all and proviron had by far the most affinity to SHBG plasma protein.

SBGH levels also rise as estrogen/throid levels rise.
Thats likely the attempt of the bodys homeostasis property-
in the same way that estrogen effects HPTA.
Both are a result of high test levels, resulting in estrogen from armomitization-and the bodys attempt to lowel endogenous
test levels through these mechanisims.

methandriol is a weak estrogen and higher estro levels dont lower shbg for sure .
masteron should work very here ??
also , what dosage of proviron are we talking about here ? becos some estrogen does help in gh release as well as joint health etc .

First off, I have never heard about methandroil being a weak estro. In fact if anyone remembers, the first pro-hormone called 'active' was 5-AD, which in essence is methandroil in oral form. And 5androstendiol is not an estogen.

Higher adndrogen levels do help, if not accompanied by highestrogen levels. Masterone may be OK, but Proviron was 4x as effective than the next listed AS (DHT), and several strong androgens (methyltest/halotestin) were not effective at all in lowering SHBG, so you cant just assume any androgen will work well.

Methandriol Dipropionate
Description
Publication Date: March 22, 2001

by Bill Roberts - This substance, used in some Australian veterinary products, is to be avoided by male bodybuilders. It is highly estrogenic, and has no redeeming properties. It is a poor anabolic and the mythical "receptor-cleaning" properties that have been claimed for it are pure fantasy.

An antiaromatase would not correct the estrogenic problems of this drug, since it is directly estrogenic, not requiring conversion by aromatase. An antiestrogen such as Clomid would probably help, but since methandriol is a poor anabolic anyway, there is no point to a methandriol/Clomid stack.

This compound, once the ester is removed, is the same as 5-androstenediol .

RAY-
Although it wouldnt be the first time Im wrong, I have never though much of B Robberts applied knowledge of AS.
Since when is 5-AD an estrogen-in fact it is considered one of the better prohormones. It is true that Methandroil can cause estrogenic side effects.
Also Bill is confusing 'receptor cleaning' with SHBG; they are two seperate entities. And he is calling Clomid an antiestrogen when it is an estrogen blocker. So much for his expertise. DUH.

i'm not too sure either , becos big cat talks about methandriol and 5 AD as being estrogen agonists . "That means it doesn't necessarily act as an estrogen and it certainly doesn't convert to an estrogen, but that it increases the effect of circulating estrogens from other compounds. "

**broken link removed**

actually , estrogen does upregulate the androgen receptor . (1)

(1)Rance, Max, Modulation of the cytosolic androgen receptor in striated muscle by sex steroids, Endocrinol 115, 1984, 862-6

anyway , i dont think bill roberts was talking about shbg there , either way , i agree , he's wayy off sometimes .

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131