advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DOGGCRAPP I've Been Wanting To Ask You This For a Long Time.

those bent over pull things work great dc thanks...i really like those and the rack chins....

Correct--i like people to go all the way to the bottom...pause and then lean over the bench a bit to put a little crook in their arm (so they arent curling from a dead straight line) and then curl it back up

Alrighty, cool. Perfect.

Thanks!

Any way you can record a short video for the bent over pull things?

I think he means it like this.....while sitting in the cable row position, extend forward in a stretching motion like you are reaching for your toes (ie the bottom position equivalent of how you would be in a deadlift while standing....except you are sitting on this exercise.) You will not change this position (stay in this position the entire exercise....don't come back up), but rather perform your exercise staying in this position while rowing the weight using your back.....pulling the weight to your knees.

Last edited:
I gave the rows a shot today. Here is the vid: Stretch rows - YouTube

I don't think I got in exactly the right position, I need a plate or board or something under my feet so I can bend over more. I had to be a little more upright than what I think Dante intended so I can get the full stretch. They did hit my lats pretty hard though even this way.

Thanks Dante

I just trained back. I started with the pulley rows as Dante discribe earlier. I started as suggested 100lbs for 25 reps and progressed up through 4 sets. After finishing my 4ht set my lats started cramping like I have never felt before. I had to hang and keep them stretched until they finally relaxed. This exercise is a real winner for spreading the back out. :D

I just trained back. I started with the pulley rows as Dante discribe earlier. I started as suggested 100lbs for 25 reps and progressed up through 4 sets. After finishing my 4ht set my lats started cramping like I have never felt before. I had to hang and keep them stretched until they finally relaxed. This exercise is a real winner for spreading the back out. :D

isnt it just one straight set and beat the logbook next time? you said you did 4 sets but i cant find that. i would like to try this...

so would i do this only in place of my neutral grip pullups for my back width exercise and keep my other days as they currently are? (chins and wide grip pullups)

I gave the rows a shot today. Here is the vid: Stretch rows - YouTube

I don't think I got in exactly the right position, I need a plate or board or something under my feet so I can bend over more. I had to be a little more upright than what I think Dante intended so I can get the full stretch. They did hit my lats pretty hard though even this way.

yea, that particular machine looks nogood for that exercise bc of how far the cable and grip come away from the machine...isnt allowing the rite position or stretch...

Last edited:
isnt it just one straight set and beat the logbook next time? you said you did 4 sets but i cant find that. i would like to try this...

he didnt say he does dc training...he said he did dantes exercise...

so would i do this only in place of my neutral grip pullups for my back width exercise and keep my other days as they currently are? (chins and wide grip pullups)

I was just getting a feel for how my lats would respond to the exercise. 100lbs was very light so I kept adjusting up each set until I reached failure at about 12-15 reps. I am making this a staple in my back routine

DC, you're one of the reasons I keep coming back here. Thanks for your contribution. I always pay it forward when it comes time for my own custom blend of protein.

Funny thing is, we actually worked together for a very brief spell, you and I. I had designed a label for you under the Species brand. Isolyze, I believe it was.

I was just getting a feel for how my lats would respond to the exercise. 100lbs was very light so I kept adjusting up each set until I reached failure at about 12-15 reps. I am making this a staple in my back routine

ok that makes sense. what was the weight you were able to get it up to?

would it be a straight set of 11-15 followed by a widowmaker, or just 1 workset of 20-30 reps?

Here is a video of Ron Harris doing the cable rows ( from 2007 ). From the way Dante describes it though it would seem he is more upright than he should be?

DC Training cable long rows - YouTube

maybe im doing them wrong and this is rite way:confused: ....but i def im more leaning over way more than that....i basically put my legs completely straight and lean over as far as i can go....i let my arms/back reach all the way as far as they can go and get full full stretch, then pull to my chest while leaning over...it looks almost like im doing a sitting ham stretch on the machine is how my positioning is...i def go MUCH lighter than reg seated cable rows, but u can feel lats just go on FIIIIRE

Guys, your "getting weird with it" I would think as long as your not doing the standard cable row position that your used to, and your feeling it differently, your good to go. just stick with it, load progressively, and grow.

also just throwing this out there, I've been doing a variation of these but with a LONG rope as a burnout. I am seated and doing everything like the Ron clip, but i have the rope in my hand instead of the v-bar. start off slightly within shoulder length then as i pull back i try and widen the length of my hand positioning. It works pretty good too.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner