over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Doggcrapp's Stretches

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I hope DC doesn't mind me posting this here.

CHEST: Flat bench 90 lb dumbbells chest high -- lungs full of air -- I drop down into the deepest fly I can for the first 10 seconds or so with my lungs full of air and chest out -- then staying there I arch my back slightly and try to press my sternum upward -- this is absolutely excruciating -- the rest of the 60 seconds I try to concentrate on dropping my elbows even farther down (I try to but I don't think they are going any lower -- LOL) -- the last 15 seconds I'm pretty much shaking like a leaf, I have tears in my eyes and I think about dropping bodybuilding and becoming a tap dancer on Broadway (ok that parts not true)--My opinion is people should use dumbbells that are a little over half of what your heaviest set of 6-8 reps would be. I can't state this enough -- extreme stretching royally sucks!!! It's painful. But I have seen amazing things with people -- especially in the quads.

SHOULDERS: This one is tough to describe -- put a barbell in the squat rack shoulder height -- face away from it and reach back and grab it palms up (hands on bottom of bar) -- walk yourself outward until you are on your heels and the stretch gets painful -- then roll your shoulders downward and hold for 60 seconds.

TRICEPS: Seated on a flat bench - my back up against the barbell -- 75 lb dumbbell in my hand behind my head (like in an overhead dumbbell extension) -- sink dumbbell down into position for the first 10 seconds and then an agonizing 50 seconds slightly leaning back and pushing the dumbbell down with the back of my head I like one arm at a time in the bottom position of a dumbbell triceps extension -- going to the extreme stretch and then slightly pushing on the dumbbell with the back of my head.

BACK: Honestly for about 3 years my training partner and I would hang a 100 lb dumbbell from our waist and hung on the widest chin-up bar (with wrist straps) to see who could get closest to 3 minutes --I never made it -- I think 2 minutes 27 seconds was my record -- but my back width is by far my best body part -- I pull on a doorknob or stationary equipment with a rounded back now and its way too hard too explain here -- just try it and get your feel for it.

BICEPS: Olympic bar in a power rack or squat rack about neck high -- face away from it and reach back and put both hands over the bar gripping it -- now either sink down with one leg forward/one leg back or better yet squat down and try (I say try because its absolutely excruciating) to kneel. Go down to the stretch that is almost unbearable and then hold that for 45 to 60 seconds. Your own bodyweight is the load. What I do is put the bar at a place on the squat rack in which I can kneel at a severe stretch and then try to sink my ass down to touch my feet. If it's too easy I put the bar up to the next rung.

HAMSTRINGS: Either leg up on a high barbell holding my toes and trying to force my leg straight with my free hand for an excruciating painful 60 seconds or another exercise I could only show people and not type here.

QUADS: Facing a barbell in a power rack about hip high -- grip it and simultaneously sink down and throw your knees under the barbell and do a sissy squat underneath it while going up on your toes. then straighten your arms and lean as far back as you can -- 60 seconds and if this one doesn't make you hate my guts and bring tears to your eyes nothing will; -- do this one faithfully and tell me in 4 weeks if your quads don’t look a lot different than they used to.

CALVES: my weak body part that I couldn’t get up to par until 2 years ago when I finally thought it out and figured out how to make them grow (with only one set twice a week too) I don’t need to stretch calves after because when I do calves I explode on the positive and take 5 seconds to get back to full stretch and then 15 seconds at the very bottom "one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand etc" -15 seconds stretching at the bottom thinking and trying to flex my toes toward my shin -- it is absolutely unbearable and you will most likely be shaking and want to give up at about 7 reps (I always go for 12reps with maximum weights) -- do this on a hack squat or a leg press -- my calves have finally taken off due to this.

xcel

I must be one of the inflexible people I know! This shoulder stretch is next to impossible for me!

His hamstring is also a "wish." There's no way possible I can come close to grabbing my foot - LOL

I must be doing the biceps stretch incorrectly as it does't get to me at all.

Now the quad stretch I can't begin to do with any semblence of form. And it kills me after only ~10 seconds - LOL

xcel

how often should you stretch like this. each time you train a body part? or everyday? or what?

DC strongly recommends doing these stretches immediately after finishing working that bodypart.

xcel

stretch

so u use this with the hst workout?

You can, and probably should, do these with any workout program.

I just started doin' a DC workout - to hopefully give my shoulders some more/better recovery time.

xcel

i did dc,s workout and stretch about 1 year ago. but have not tried his stretch with the hst workout just been using my own.

Doing the stretches immediately after the killer set is what makes these so excruciating. I did 405 on Bench for five reps with 5 second negatives and then did a static hold on my chest for 10 sec. When I grabbed the 80's to do my stretch, I was already on fire in my entire upper body.

Been doing this for two weeks, and when doing bench, the bar touching my chest is not a stretch at all, so my shoulders feel better and flexibilty has imprved in an unheard of amount of time.

The shoulder stretch is a real hard one to do, I cant even grab a bar shoulder level with my palms face up behind my back, so I have to compromise a little.

I agree the strecthes are hard.. I can only stand maybe 30sec.. after that I feel ike something may snap. I already fucked up my left pec so doing flies scare me...

I ahve tried a few of these and I like the outcome...

I think I will add them to my training...very intense and I like the feeling.

Thanks for the good ideas.

only thing i don't understand is the back stretch.

don't see why you would use a "wide grip"

your lats do alot more stretching when your hands are in close

Conan21, The idea is to hang for 3 minutes with some weight around your waist wide grip, trust me, your lats will be screaming if you can make to the end. I have been training with DC for 10 weeks now, and I still can not make the three minute mark, with out weight, after you do the Back Width workset...

I wasn't argueing about the stretch.

I was just say your lat muscles are under more direct stretch if your hands are in closer.

conan21, i tried it both ways. with my hands close i thought i was going to choke myself out with my chest and front delts.

can someone explain how to do the quad stretch? I read it a couple times but I'm not gettin it :confused:

SouthernMuscle said:
can someone explain how to do the quad stretch? I read it a couple times but I'm not gettin it :confused:

bump for a pic of that :) :)

pretty much a backward bend with your knees pointed out as far as then can and be up on your toes. You will feel like you are falling backwards, but that is why you have a grip on the bar.

I hope this is right??? That is what I did, and let me tell you I could only hold it for 44 seconds.

Great article :D I tried something similar with static flat dumbell flys. Took a moderate weight and held in the outmost stretch for up to 45 seconds. If anything, this extreme stretching does test what you're really made off!
When are these stretchs intended? At the end of ones workout and I reckon, not too often. Sort of meant to help with plateaus etc? Shocking the body?
Thanks!

BULKING_N

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear