over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DOMS, Do you get it, Does it matter?

How often do you get delayed onset muscle soreness?

• Every time I hit the weights.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Every once in a while.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Only when I try something new.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Never.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

jdchaffin

Registered
I'm was just wondering, for those of you have been training for 5+ years, how many of you still get delayed onset muscle soreness the next day? Do you get it every day, once in a while, never? And do you think it matters?

i say if ur not sore, ur not working hard enough.

Usually get it after every training session, but it seems worst about 48 hrs later. Should not last more than 3 or 4 days tops imo. If youre sore for a week from one session you have overtrained. One sure sign of overtraining is if you are fairly sore still the next time you train that exercise again. Have to have nutrition and rest at the right levels to heal up so that you dont stay too sore for long. The 2nd day after squats used to be the most soreness I would experience.

only get it when i try something new, make a large progression, have taken too many days off, or if im really just not feeling well.

My thought behind this was that when I first started to work out I would get really sore. To the point that I didn't want to move that muscle the next day. That lasted probably the first 3 years. But as time went on the soreness would get less and less and happen fewer and fewer times. I'm trying to figure out if I need to find ways to recreate that soreness or if it is not important.

Question..Are you on the same routine as you were when you first started?
Same rep range, weight?
Edit: And soreness does not mean a good workout. Hell I think it'd be the opposite if you aren't sore. You stimulted the muscle enough because intensity is hard, yet they aren't sore and wont take as long to recover and you can blast the hell out of them the next time you train them.

Question..Are you on the same routine as you were when you first started?
Same rep range, weight?
Edit: And soreness does not mean a good workout. Hell I think it'd be the opposite if you aren't sore. You stimulted the muscle enough because intensity is hard, yet they aren't sore and wont take as long to recover and you can blast the hell out of them the next time you train them.

Ohh no. My weights have continuelly gone up. slower as time goes on but they continue to rise. (with perhaps biceps being the slowest increase). I'm taking a few pages from DC so I'm continelly progressing in either weights or reps from work out to work out. gotta beat the log book. I just don't tend to get sore any more. i've been training for 10 years and was wondering if others out there stop getting sore or if I need to find some way to increase the intesnsity.

If you're making progress, it shouldn't matter.
Could you train more intense? If you could, why aren't you doing that now?
Maybe you're taking supplements that help your recovery.
I've noticed when I take BCAAs durning work out on squat day, I'm barely sore the next day, if I dont, I'm nearly cripple for 4-5 days.

DOMS

Most of the time i will only get sore after a leg routine...

Every once in a while i will get DOMS on other body parts...

how long and how intense your soreness is depends on nutrition a lot...also if you are on cycle or not...with good nutrition and plenty bcaa and protein you will barely be sore the next day...if you change around your routine and add in new movements you are basically hitting new muscle fibers each time so this could also account for it...Alex

DC stretching is something that I have incorperated into my routines alot lately and I have noticed a great decrease in soreness as well.

when im cutting i always have doms.. when im on cycle i never have it. for me doms is heavily associated with depletion it seems.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws