over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Don Youngblood, R.I.P

muscle is healthy

galaxy said:
I believe Reggie White died from a sleep apnea induced heart attack.

And on what gooey said about a 250lbs slob vs a 250lb bb . I believe a 250lbs bbs heart is less stressed than a slobs only because muscle provides more benefits than fat such as heat which produces energy I believe, but of course im no expert, i just recall someone telling me this? Anyway its too young of an age to die at. RIP

but u have to look at it from the stand point in how much work the heart has to do in order to pump blood to tissue. Regardless of what types of tissue, or how much blood supply it gets it still has to be pumped blood too, which creates a harder job for the heart to do. That was my point. For obvious health reasons its better to have a lower body fat, or a 12% BF person is generally has less health complications then a 30% BF person.

Vander - no offense I saw your point just wanted to make mine not too object your statement but to make my own :eek:
gooey

we all also are looking at enlarged hearts from all the years of lifting and gh use, when the size of the heart goes up its pumping and overall effiecnty goes down. Yet another factor for most of us.

Being large, regardless if it is from fat or muscle still has a huge impact on your heart. The more mass a person has the harder your body has to work to sustain that mass. When you raise your homeostasis levels to such that these guys do, it doesn't surprise me to see this happening.

When you take AAS for yeas on end or just simply push your body beyond its limits everyday in the gym for years, you are giving your heart a pounding. Think about it!

Flat out when you push your body to the limits non-stop over a period of time, it WILL have ill effects. I can't think of any other sport in the world that puts the kind of strain on you heart that bodybuilding or powerlifting does.

Its a shame about Don Youngblood. He was a respected veteran in the sport and it is sad to see him go.

Here is the sad part

Would he have been as respected if he had taken 10th place every year? We place so much emphasis ans "respect"on guys who win or are HUGE, when it really is just a matter of more drugs and food. How much respect should that garner? I keep hearing the word respect a lot lately. Should someone respect you more if you were 10 pounds bigger? We know the consequenses when we enter this sport. Anyone who chooses to be a pro bodybuilder is never thinking of their family first. There is no time for family. I keep hearing about these great family guys who are pros, and I say BULLSHIT. I am a good example of that. Rushing home to tuck your kids in a bed time is not putting family first.This is why I quit competing.

phil-couldnt we say that about any professional athlete? baseball players are gone for a 160 game schedule not to mention all the off season appearances etc.

PHIL HERNON said:
Would he have been as respected if he had taken 10th place every year? We place so much emphasis ans "respect"on guys who win or are HUGE, when it really is just a matter of more drugs and food. How much respect should that garner? I keep hearing the word respect a lot lately. Should someone respect you more if you were 10 pounds bigger? We know the consequenses when we enter this sport. Anyone who chooses to be a pro bodybuilder is never thinking of their family first. There is no time for family. I keep hearing about these great family guys who are pros, and I say BULLSHIT. I am a good example of that. Rushing home to tuck your kids in a bed time is not putting family first.This is why I quit competing.

Very good point Phil, any time you get invovled in a self obsorbed sport like this or any one for that matter and it requirs you to be on your game 18 hours a day to eat ,train and relax and travel you are not a good family man..your a provider..which is not a bad thing but if your not home to feed,dress and see the kids off to school and then read a book to them or help with homework..you miss out,they miss out, we all miss out ...it dosen't make us bad people or a bad parent but it does send a mixed message to kids..sometimes the sacrifice IS too large..

life is too short to be selfish,any sport should be a hobby and a relaxing place to be, not a consuming obsession..and most sports can be that..not healthy no matter how you look at it...

Stand back and look at what you have and what is important to you if one day you had 24 hours to live...what would be most important to you..time at the gym? Time seeing things places to go? Time with your family? It eally is a no brainer and you should live your life like that....not scared but to the fullest

Sure

joshbarnett said:
phil-couldnt we say that about any professional athlete? baseball players are gone for a 160 game schedule not to mention all the off season appearances etc.

Read Cansecos book, its great.

so true

PHIL HERNON said:
Anyone who chooses to be a pro bodybuilder is never thinking of their family first. There is no time for family. I keep hearing about these great family guys who are pros, and I say BULLSHIT. I am a good example of that. Rushing home to tuck your kids in a bed time is not putting family first.

so very true BBing can be such a self-absorbed, self-centered, anti-social lifestyle. Their is no time for much other then BBing when u do it. That is why I get burned out of it because it nice to live something of a normal life that doesnt involve BBing.
gooey

Yes

gooey said:
PHIL HERNON said:
Anyone who chooses to be a pro bodybuilder is never thinking of their family first. There is no time for family. I keep hearing about these great family guys who are pros, and I say BULLSHIT. I am a good example of that. Rushing home to tuck your kids in a bed time is not putting family first.

so very true BBing can be such a self-absorbed, self-centered, anti-social lifestyle. Their is no time for much other then BBing when u do it. That is why I get burned out of it because it nice to live something of a normal life that doesnt involve BBing.
gooey

But I never knew what it entailed when I signed up! hahahhah

nobody ever criticized michael jordan for being self absorbed in basketball which he was. canseco is an idiot! there is such a mix of lies and truths in his book who knows what to believe. all i am saying is that any athlete who wants to be the best has got to somewhat obsessive to excel. peyton manning has been known to watch 50 hours of film per week not to mention practice time etc. i agree that everybody should have some balance in their lives but to be the best at something you have to put everything you can into it or dont waste your time.

Then

joshbarnett said:
nobody ever criticized michael jordan for being self absorbed in basketball which he was. canseco is an idiot! there is such a mix of lies and truths in his book who knows what to believe. all i am saying is that any athlete who wants to be the best has got to somewhat obsessive to excel. peyton manning has been known to watch 50 hours of film per week not to mention practice time etc. i agree that everybody should have some balance in their lives but to be the best at something you have to put everything you can into it or dont waste your time.

Point taken. Then it is time to decide. Family or myself? Simple. Do I want fame and fortune or time with my family? What is so hard to understand? I am not criticizing anyone or any sport. Just dont tell me you are a family first man then take excessive amounts of anabolics that put you at risk for stroke, high BP, sleep apena, etc.. That is called me first. Why is Canseco an idiot? What is a lie in his book? Are you telling me that baseball players do not cheat on their wives when they are out of town? That they dont take steroids? I dont care if he claims he runs a 3.9 forty yard dash, that is not what I am referring to.

PHIL HERNON said:

Excellent point!! If you apply that theory to everyday life however, you'll find that many of us would not be considered great family guys, because we put alot of things ahead of our family. The difference though being that pro bodybuilders are out for the fame of it all (usually) as opposed to the people who put there job first. We do it for the money to provide a better life for our family (again usually). We both know for damn sure that there is no real money in pro bodybuilding, unless you are on top!

On the other hand, there are risks to everything. Would you say that trying to be a professional race card driver be unfit for a family guy. After all, it is a sport in which the risk you take is death. Bodybuilding is a sport as well as racing. To me, it should be considered a extreme sport due to the fact that the risk involved is death. You can't fault a guy who just wants to enjoy what he loves as long as he accepts the fact that he could die. Is he a bad father! Well, I guess so!

Speculation

Aren't we all just guessing to what he died of. Why not wait until the reults are known then give our opinions. Moderation is the key to everything in life that could be bad for you.

If we are truely talking about family first then we would all be working our asses off 24hrs a day trying to be as successful as possible to afford the best for our children. Talk to a doctors wifes or a lawyers wife and ask them how much time they have to spend with the children.... But the end result may be worth it.

PHIL HERNON said:
thats pretty much what ive been saying , seems like people who BB or like BB dont wanna hear it and become rather deffensive , they seem to fail to realize what aas can do to a human body expecially in large quantities who respects that??.

I think putnum mentioned something from the Bible ???? in his post on this issue , BB isnt the rightous path nor is it something to be proud of , its an additction , ive learned this since the day i picked up a weight , to me it wasnt about winning or being big or looking ripped , it was the sport the self gratifying feeling you have when you workout is completed , sort of like a high , laugh at me now but ask your self if you can really quit BB or aas or lifting? you dont need to becnh 400lbs and you dont need to squatt 1000 lbs or carry a weight of 300lbs but somehow we think we do , simply ADDICTION .

Last edited:
V

Vander_V said:
thats pretty much what ive been saying , seems like people who BB or like BB dont wanna hear it and become rather deffensive , they seem to fail to realize what aas can do to a human body expecially in large quantities who respects that??.

I think putnum mentioned something from the Bible ???? in his post on this issue , BB isnt the rightous path nor is it something to be proud of , its an additction , ive learned this since the day i picked up a weight , to me it wasnt about winning or being big or looking ripped , it was the sport the self gratifying feeling you have when you workout is completed , sort of like a high , laugh at me now but ask your self if you can really quit BB or aas or lifting? you dont need to becnh 400lbs and you dont need to squatt 1000 lbs or carry a weight of 300lbs but somehow we think we do , simply ADDICTION .

Your a smart man.

thanks phil, i taught the man everything he knows.. lol :D

you are right-we dont need to squat 1000 and bench 1000 but its just something that that person loves to do. to try and be the best at something. you dont need to get a doctorate to make money but people must be addicted to knowledge. going to medical school and becoming a doctor takes just as much time from home life as a BB. i train quite a few of them and they are always on call and very rarely home. they tell me all the time they wish they had more time to spend with family. i guess you just pick your poison and try to use things in moderation as miketasher said. i feel that BB who use AAS in moderation and eat clean and do cardio are healthier than a lot of my friends who drink and smoke everyday or 4-5 days per week

Priorities.......

It is what is important in a person's life. We all have to stop and think what is important and what are the consequences to the decisions we make in our lives.

For some it is drugs or alcohol.
For some it is their job.
For some it is bodybuilding.
For some it is religion.
For some it is God and family.
etc, etc.....

I pray that God brings peace to those who will miss Don.

Sincerely,
Di

on the selfish issue.. i have to say i do not understand it.. i mean lets look at reality .. if you work out for a hour to two hours 4 days a week.. and all you have to do after that is basically eat every three hours or such.. how does that take away from family..?? you have to give it your all.. i agree but, most of our day is spent eating after the workout.. if you work 8 hours a day and workout for 1 1/2 hours a day you still roughly get home at a good hour depending on your work and what you do... eating takes minutes and should not effect your family life.. granted there are a lot of self absorbed bodybuilders out there.. but, i am still trying to see how it would effect seeing ones family.. a couple of shows a year at best.. so you may be gone here and there but, again... have a hard time seeing it.. some just get caught up in the "me" factor.. but, that is every sport..
by all accounts, youngblood was a good guy.. provided for his family.. built a thriving business (by most accounts he was millionaire or close to it) and competed and won the masters olympia.. all the while operating and growing a huge trucking company.. he sounded pretty well rounded to me.. he may be one of a few but, he did it..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity