over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Don Youngblood, R.I.P

joshbarnett said:
you are right-we dont need to squat 1000 and bench 1000 but its just something that that person loves to do. to try and be the best at something. you dont need to get a doctorate to make money but people must be addicted to knowledge. going to medical school and becoming a doctor takes just as much time from home life as a BB. i train quite a few of them and they are always on call and very rarely home. they tell me all the time they wish they had more time to spend with family. i guess you just pick your poison and try to use things in moderation as miketasher said. i feel that BB who use AAS in moderation and eat clean and do cardio are healthier than a lot of my friends who drink and smoke everyday or 4-5 days per week
holy cow poop are you actually trying to compare a BB to a DR? :confused: , Drs save peopels lifes , they bring life into this world and make it possible to live a healthy lifestyle from day to day so there hours are the same as a BB there time is much more productive and important in the basic scheme of life DRs are heroes in a way ,,,, BB does what for us >? plz tell me what the hell does it do for us? what does it do for the people around us and the ones we love , what does it bring to the table , how does it help in this world , is it a repectful idol for you child? does it make money can it pay the bills ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo all it amounts to is the word " ME " its all about ME and ME winning or competing or taking AAS or ME loving the sport or ME and my hours spent in the gym ,,,,,,,,,,,, theres much more to life then this folks come on cant you see it ,,, My old man has no fucking idea why i BB he sayd it doesnt make any sense he cant even comprehend this sport , for years upon years i said he didnt know shit , but you know what the old man is right ,, he may not have a trophy but he has his health raised a strong family with good beleifs and morals and worked his ass off to become the man he is today hard hours he spent , many nights to support his 3 babies , hes the real MAN im just a BB but im learning what it takes to bcome rightous man and learning the values of life.

Vander,

Are you confused about my post? I said that man perishes for lack of knowledge. That's what happens in our sport and or anything in life where a person is uneducated. When a person develops Type ll diabetes from sucking down tons of trash foods for twenty years they fit this example. If a person is aware of their choices and consequences then that's on them. Life is about choices. For the good or the bad. Many times both. This sport is additive. Another quote, "Control your vices, don't let them control you". There is a fine line here.

pumpputnam said:
Vander,

Are you confused about my post? I said that man perishes for lack of knowledge. That's what happens in our sport and or anything in life where a person is uneducated. When a person develops Type ll diabetes from sucking down tons of trash foods for twenty years they fit this example. If a person is aware of their choices and consequences then that's on them. Life is about choices. For the good or the bad. Many times both. This sport is additive. Another quote, "Control your vices, don't let them control you". There is a fine line here.
No no bro i agree with what you said , im saying BB is Not the rightous path . Stating you were correct .

WELL, MY DAD WAS A COP [RETIRED NOW] AND WAS A FAMILY MAN.

WE NEVER HAD A LOT OF MONEY. HE WORKED NIGHTS AND LONG HOURS TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING. HE WAS GONE A LOT...BUT DID GIVE TO THE COMMUNITY..SAVED A LOT OF LIVES CAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST ONE TO ACCIDENTS MANY TIMES. HE WAS DEDICATED TO HIS PROFESSION AND SUPER HONEST. WAS HE AT ALL THE EVENTS HE COULD HAVE BEEN? NO. HE HAD A TRIPLE BYPASS AT 62...RODE HIS BIKE, LIFTED..ACTIVE..SMALL...5'6..15-160LBS HIS WHOLE LIFE. NO ONE WOULD HAVE GUESSED HE'D HAVE PROBLEMS. SOMETIMES STUFF JUST HAPPENS TO PEOPLE. [HE TOOK NO CHEMICALS! HAHAAHA....] HE'S OKAY NOW BUT IS HE AROUND ALOT? NO...NOW THAT HES' RETIRED HE STILL WORKS THREE JOBS AND HE'S GONE TONIGHT TEACHING A CONCEALED CARRY GUN CLASS. A GUYS GOTTA PURSUE HIS INTERESTS A LITTLE TOO. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

MAYBE DON'S FAMILY LIKED HIS HOBBY AS MUCH AS HE DID? ....HELL, I DON'T KNOW. I AM JUST SORRY HE HAD A HEART ATTACK.

VANDER....I AGREE WITH MOST OF THE POSTS YOU WRITE..

Vander_V said:
No no bro i agree with what you said , im saying BB is Not the rightous path . Stating you were correct .

BUT, I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THIS POINT. A GUY WHO BODYBUILDS ISN'T NECESSARILY EVIL OR UNRIGHTEOUS. I THINK A BALANCE CAN BE STRUCK IN THIS AREA. IF I AM WORKING ON MY BODY THAT GOD GAVE ME...MAKING IT BIG AND STRONG, WHILE TAKING CARE OF MY HEALTH..BLOODTESTS,,EATING CORRECTLY, ETC...I GUESS I DON'T SEE A PROBLEM WITH MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. MAYBE OUR LIVES COULD BE A GOOD EXAMPLE TO OTHER LIFTERS WE MIGHT ENCOUNTER....TO BE A GOOD WITNESS FOR A GODLY LIFE? CERTAINLY GOD COULD USE YOU OR MAYBE EVEN ME, RIGHT?

I HAVE NEVER BEEN A 'HIGH DOSE' SUPPLEMENT USER THOUGH...FOR THAT VERY REASON. I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE GIFT OF LIFE FOR GRANTED...

MAYBE YOU GUYS ARE REFERRING TO THE DANGEROUS LEVELS PROS TAKE? HELL, I KNOW I PRAY AND LOVE THE LORD. NO OFFENSE...I GUESS I JUST HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN SOME OF YOU FELLAS.

bodybuilders love what they do....If I die doing what I love so be it. Atleast I'll die happy. If any pro bodybuilder dies (lets hope not) I bet they will die happy because they loved what they do. It's not whether its justified or not it's whatever makes that human being happy.

Last edited:
I dont see

BBing as unrighteous, but self-asorbed and self-centered very much so. MJ was self-absorbed with BBall but the difference with BBing is that every meal counts, every training session counts, every cardio session counts, every milligram counts, every day counts. U cannot step out of pre contest prep to take a break from reality. In my experience everything else gets pushed out and away, friends, family, social events, BBing becomes almost sometimes a ball and chain. Not trying to sound pessimistic because I can also name many positive things it brings too. Life is all about decisions and consequences that involve each one. I do agree do what u love and what u have passion for. Life is short and no matter how healthy u live your life and how many good health decisions u make when yur card is drawn it is drawn u dont have a choice in the matter. We live on this planet then we die, I know that our perceptions change escpecially when we bring little ones and a partner into it so I know that mine may be much different then others that have these. Choose your path as best as possible, choose wisely, but love what u do and have fun without those their is no life.
gooey

Life is about balance. Mind, body, spirit. When we body build our bodies increase. If we aren't paying attention to the other two traits then we are screwed! Everything else has to develop more to balance out the increase in the body. Another Putnam quote, "If you are too conservative you miss out. If you are too extreme you mess up. Somewhere in the middle you grow up".

PHIL HERNON said:
Read Cansecos book, its great.

Why is it great? I wont buy it simply because I wont support a rat. Maybe I'll buy a used version...

Its great because

BrooklynJuice said:
Why is it great? I wont buy it simply because I wont support a rat. Maybe I'll buy a used version...

It is entertaining. My ex wife used to date him, so a lot of what he talked about I had already heard from her. He wanted her to move to Florida with him, but she told him she wanted his brother Ozzie instead. He got pissed off and left her.

LOL

Some of you guys crack me up!

vander-i am comparing Dr. to BB in the amount of time spent at home with their family. i dont compete in BB to please anyone else. its just a hobby i like to do. i dont do it to pay the bills or to be an idol for someone's kid. i would be more worried about the hundreds of pro athletes who really are idols to our kids who juice too-bonds, canseco, mcguire, giambi etc. they are more of a threat to our children's psyche then any BB ever will be. i dont feel there is necessarily anything wrong with having that one thing in life that is just mine. my fiance spends a buttload on coach and LV purses and shoes and thats her thing she likes. does it benefit the world in any way? NO. but does it make her happy? YES, and thats all i care about. i am not here to save the world but to enjoy BB and try to do it in the safest manner possible by not using absurd amounts etc. i can have morals and grow as person and compete in BBing too. BBing will not interfere with me making money, raising a family, enjoying time with my friends(except while dieting LOL)etc.

As BBers, alot of what we have to deal with comes from how society perceives us, and how the media tells society how to look at us in this day and age. The media has such a huge grip on telling people what is "cool" or "in." I got involved in BB during the late '70's, as probably alot of you also did, and started training at 12. BB was looked at as a positive endeavor back then, and people were encouraged to get involved with it. The top BBers were looked at as heroes back then. Mentzer, Zane, Arnold, Robinson, etc. The popularity continued through the '80's. From about the mid-'90's up to now, the media has directed people's attention towards the fitness-type, lean, cut up male body, while we are looked at as self-centered, stuck-up individuals. I won't stop my BB just because the media has changed people's perceptions of how they view me. And I'm sure anyone here won't stop, either. But it does ad alot of extra stress to our lives because its another burden we have to carry to put up with people's negative reactions to us, sometimes daily, as opposed to how we were looked at in past decades.

Apparently he did have sleep apnea.

From MM:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp

Samantha, and I ask this with all due respect, did Don have sleep apnea? Did your husband?
yes,,don did...he had to sleep with a breathing machine...

Testosterone has also been shown to cause sleep apnea in some.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear