over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Donating Blood? Is it right?

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
Is it even remotely ethical to be on underground AAS or even Rx AAS and donate blood? I was reading that this is a strategy to lower hematocrit. I'm not a doctor, but speaking for myself I don't think I should be putting my blood into the public supply.

I would also be concerned that if you ever were caught donating blood while on AAS, you could be seriously prosecuted. How you gonna get caught? Your ex-girlfriend/friend turns you in.

They take at least 6 extra vials and run it through a gamut of tests. If they find anything harmful to the general population, its tossed. So your conscience is clear :)

This is an interesting question. During a pre-donation screening, they typically do ask about injection drug use. Although they are trying to weed out intravenous drug users, some of the same risks would apply to IM anabolic users that were to hypothetically share needles (although I haven't heard of bodybuilders sharing needles since the early 80s). I would have to defer to a lawyer regarding the legal ramifications of falsifying a pre-donation history regarding risk factors, etc., but from an ethical perspective your point is a valid one. The current screening would catch most pathogens, but might not detect elevations in certain types of heavy metals that are more prevalent in underground gear. In the end, I think it is just a personal decision as to the appropriateness of donating. If you feel you are personally putting the public at risk, then you should not donate. If you feel that you are not putting anyone at risk because your lifestyle is extremely healthy (which is the vast majority of bodybuilders) and you want your blood to go to good use, then you should feel free to donate.

Is it even remotely ethical to be on underground AAS or even Rx AAS and donate blood?

the specific question they ask is if you have injected or been injected with anything not prescribed by a doctor. So if you are on HRT - even if its a higher than normal hrt dose - so long as its prescribed its ok.

my wife works with the redcross. she just told me that the aas would not matter.shes ask that question before cause of another bodybuilding we no likes to donate. but if some one sick get your blood the aas would possible help a sick and weak person out.

and you can not be procecuted for that . the only thing you could be prosecuted is if your on herion or other drugs like that, or if you new or thought you had aids and only donated to get a free test.

my friends donates all the time and is a big guy and its very obviuos what he does.

What's not to believe? Steroids are prescribed legally to people who are weak and ailing from a variety of conditions.. Plus even someone on juice, the amount of free steroid circulating in 1 pint of blood has gotta be pretty low.

What's not to believe? Steroids are prescribed legally to people who are weak and ailing from a variety of conditions.. Plus even someone on juice, the amount of free steroid circulating in 1 pint of blood has gotta be pretty low.

Steriod's are used for all kinds of muscle wasting diseases I will be making a donation soon I heard it helps with RBC levels.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131