over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Donating blood while on cycle

wastedmuscle

Registered
Is there any risk donating blood while on cycle? Is it possible that they will test your blood and say something about the counts, being rbc will likely be a bit higher?

I want to donate blood, just not sure what to expect.

Sorry for the stupid question.

I've never had any issues. I do it all year. While on and off.

Good for the body - like changing the oil in your car ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good for the body - like changing the oil in your car ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This is what I have read so I want to reap the benefits. I just don't want some sort of track able record that my testosterone was through the roof.

So it isn't like the donation people say to you something regarding issues with elevated counts?

They could turn you away if your counts are to low or to high. I've never encountered this but some have. That's why I just make it a year around habit. You don't have to worry about them testing your test levels or anything remotely close to that. They just check for disease and virus for obvious reasons.

They could turn you away if your counts are to low or to high. I've never encountered this but some have. That's why I just make it a year around habit. You don't have to worry about them testing your test levels or anything remotely close to that. They just check for disease and virus for obvious reasons.

Nice, that is what I am looking for, we have a blood driving going at our gym and I wanted to donate. Plus it is probably about that time in the cycle.

Thx

Donating blood on cycle will not have much influence on your health. But, here is another question. Are you sure your blood can be used by the blood recipients directly? I wonder whether all your blood indicators are in normal range. Otherwise, your blood might have influence on the recovery of the blood recipients.

Nothing wrong with it.. I'm constantly donating every 6-8 weeks

I heard that donating blood is bad for health, is that ture?

NO

...donating blood reduces the risk of heart attacks and even cancer. It burns about 650 calories for every pint given.

Not meant to diagnose or treat health issues.

Last edited:
NO

...donating blood reduces the risk of heart attacks and even cancer. It burns about 650 calories for every pint given.

Not meant to diagnose or treat health issues.

Agreed with Chainheart. Regular blood donation is a healthy habit, as it forces your body to create new/clean blood, which potentially reduces the risk of cardiovascular related issues, including heart disease (provided you also maintain a healthy lifestyle).

Last edited:
Is there any risk donating blood while on cycle? Is it possible that they will test your blood and say something about the counts, being rbc will likely be a bit higher?

I want to donate blood, just not sure what to expect.

Sorry for the stupid question.

I'm on directed directed TRT, but also blast between tests. I do have to donate blood on a routine basis to keep my hematocrits within the normal range...and my blood remains usable to help other patients in need. Should your hematocrit levels be too high to donate, you will likely have to get a Dr's request to the blood bank to do a donation (i.e. blood letting).

No, they will not test your testosterone levels... :)

I will be needing to do this come my next cycle. Will the nurses drawing blood be checking for elevated levels of anything on site? Just trying to avoid a scene and potentially, an embarrassing situation.

I will be needing to do this come my next cycle. Will the nurses drawing blood be checking for elevated levels of anything on site? Just trying to avoid a scene and potentially, an embarrassing situation.

They check you iron levels. If your iron is too high or too low they won't draw. High iron is a sign of high RBC. Drink tons of water and take your baby aspirin if you don't want to be laying there all day.

They check you iron levels. If your iron is too high or too low they won't draw. High iron is a sign of high RBC. Drink tons of water and take your baby aspirin if you don't want to be laying there all day.

Um id disagree here and with my iwn bw proof, my iron levels are normal, yet i have high rbc's and h&h..... Why could that be? And how to combat it?

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

Um id disagree here and with my iwn bw proof, my iron levels are normal, yet i have high rbc's and h&h..... Why could that be? And how to combat it?

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

Not sure but I assumed the iron test they did was to get an idea of hemoglobin which is an iron rich protein in red blood cells. I'm not real experienced on the matter but I've heard of people getting turned away because their RBC was too high yet only thing I ever had checked was iron so that was my assumption.

As for high RBC you could try and eat a grapefruit every day. Grapefruit contains naringin which has been shown to eliminate old red blood cells in the body. It's only been shown to be effective if you have above normal RBC. I'd also take baby aspirin to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke that may result from thickening of the blood. If this is a common problem for you I would see a doctor. They can prescribe therapeutic phlebotomy if blood donation places won't take you. I donate every 56 days to try and avoid the problem. Do some google searches and read about different ways to help.

I donate every 52 days(that's the medical limit) On or off cycle, it doesn't matter. It keeps you healthy by ridding toxins and dirty blood. Just like an oil change. I just received a 5 Gallon pin from Red Cross. Pretty cool. And it directly saves lives. I am a huge advocator of donating blood. Especially for body builders that use gear. Gear has all sorts of crap in it that is toxic and harmful to the body. Ridding your body of these will greatly aid your good health. More guys need to understand that and start donating.

I donate every 52 days(that's the medical limit) On or off cycle, it doesn't matter. It keeps you healthy by ridding toxins and dirty blood. Just like an oil change. I just received a 5 Gallon pin from Red Cross. Pretty cool. And it directly saves lives. I am a huge advocator of donating blood. Especially for body builders that use gear. Gear has all sorts of crap in it that is toxic and harmful to the body. Ridding your body of these will greatly aid your good health. More guys need to understand that and start donating.
56 days here. i have a repeating reminder on my calendar every 60 days.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws