over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Donating blood while on cycle

conveniently they are in my neighborhood today. pretty sure they are giving out tickets to the fair. i think ill go donate then take my daughter to the fair to eat some fair food! :headbang:

56 days here. i have a repeating reminder on my calendar every 60 days.

Red Cross is 56 days. They blow phone up to remind me I'm ready. They're relentless. Lol

I donate every 52 days(that's the medical limit) On or off cycle, it doesn't matter. It keeps you healthy by ridding toxins and dirty blood. Just like an oil change. I just received a 5 Gallon pin from Red Cross. Pretty cool. And it directly saves lives. I am a huge advocator of donating blood. Especially for body builders that use gear. Gear has all sorts of crap in it that is toxic and harmful to the body. Ridding your body of these will greatly aid your good health. More guys need to understand that and start donating.

you say this and it makes me lol, sooo ur getting the toxins out of ur blood but yet it is going to another person? sooo is there perhaps a chance that they may get these toxins and dirty blood in them?

sorry man but it sounds bad...

unless the red cross cleans the toxins out of this dirty blood ur giving them ;)

if not then, u are giving some poor person dirty toxic blood....

this is the reason why i got a blood draw script...so they can throw it away and not put it into someone...

you say this and it makes me lol, sooo ur getting the toxins out of ur blood but yet it is going to another person? sooo is there perhaps a chance that they may get these toxins and dirty blood in them?

unless the red cross cleans the toxins out of this dirty blood ur giving them ;)

this is the reason why i got a blood draw script...so they can throw it away and not put it into someone...

The blood gets filtered and thinned before going to another person.

Red Cross is 56 days. They blow phone up to remind me I'm ready. They're relentless. Lol
i give my fax number to avoid this. i do it all the time!
when the lady was verifying my info i had to stae my name, address, dob, and phone #. when i said my cell she was like "um you have another number in the system". oh yeah, its ..... ;)

i give my fax number to avoid this. i do it all the time!

when the lady was verifying my info i had to stae my name, address, dob, and phone #. when i said my cell she was like "um you have another number in the system". oh yeah, its ..... ;)

That's a good idea. I even asked them to stop calling so much but that only lasts for so long.

Nah just because someone says "here use my blood" doesn't mean it doesn't go thru extensive testing before they label it useable. The majority of bodybuilders blood they will throw away to to the drugs being present. I donate all the time when they do drives since I have higher hematocrit due to some bulking orals. If I go in to my doc, it's $75 per pint. If I donate it's free and I can easily mark the don't use box in the private room so they don't waste their time.

Nah just because someone says "here use my blood" doesn't mean it doesn't go thru extensive testing before they label it useable. The majority of bodybuilders blood they will throw away to to the drugs being present. I donate all the time when they do drives since I have higher hematocrit due to some bulking orals. If I go in to my doc, it's $75 per pint. If I donate it's free and I can easily mark the don't use box in the private room so they don't waste their time.

I've been on quite a few times when I donate and never heard anything. In fact if they knew your were on gear they would disqualify you for using a needle for steroids. It's one of the disqualifying questions they ask when you first get there. I even get emails following my donation telling me what hospital my blood went to and how it was used. I just don't see them wasting resources on someone that they already know they are going to throw out after. All those vials they take from you are to test for virus markers. I've read that drugs will not disqualify you from donating.

I've been on quite a few times when I donate and never heard anything. In fact if they knew your were on gear they would disqualify you for using a needle for steroids. It's one of the disqualifying questions they ask when you first get there. I even get emails following my donation telling me what hospital my blood went to and how it was used. I just don't see them wasting resources on someone that they already know they are going to throw out after. All those vials they take from you are to test for virus markers. I've read that drugs will not disqualify you from donating.

I usually donate and don't hear anything. Sometimes it's a question on the list if you want to hear the results or not. I personally don't care to be notified but obviously no one is going to tell them they are on gear or that's immediate disqualification for the blood drive. I have also been told by the assistant that Some drugs will disqualify the blood and some won't. I have been asked each time additionally if I used steroids and the assistants tell me there is an option to mark a paper on the questionnaire that they won't see, only the labs do before they analyze it. Like I said I mainly only do it when I have high RBC and conveniently there is a blood drive going on close. This way I don't have to pay for it. They do call me from time to time to ask if I will donate so maybe blood results are fine or maybe I'm just another name on the list of donors.

That's a good idea. I even asked them to stop calling so much but that only lasts for so long.

I have a login and put myself on the do not contact list, only mail. No more phone calls.

I`ve been on TRT for almost 5 years and donate all the time, sometimes with a little extra supps in me, no problems.

Just donated today. Currently on TRT and blast the iron lvls came back good. Lady said some people pay them to draw and throw away the blood cause of high iron lvls.

If I donate it's free and I can easily mark the don't use box in the private room so they don't waste their time.
ive never heard/seen such a thing. why would they take the time and use the supplies to accept a "donation" that they "dont use". i understand not all donations will be used but the reason for these blood drives is for useful blood. i find it hard to believe they would take blood that they and the donater know is unusable???

Thank you I appreciate that. I suppose they just find it easier and less time consuming to tell people they are checking our iron as opposed to our hemoglobin.

To be honest, I'm not sure why some phlebotomist call iron---hemoglobin?

My best guess would be they're erroneously told this by their instructors durning their training.

Iron and hemoglobin are one-in-the-same, yet they're two different components of blood. They can't be used interchangeably in terminology.

As for throwing out tainted blood for whatever reasons. If this happens at any blood facility, you'll be deferred to never donate blood again. I've never heard of a walk-in blood center to just to dump and throw away. If you have a medical condition that is a requirement for you to do therapeutic phelbotomies. Absolutely they'll do this. Otherwise you can't request this.

ive never heard/seen such a thing. why would they take the time and use the supplies to accept a "donation" that they "dont use". i understand not all donations will be used but the reason for these blood drives is for useful blood. i find it hard to believe they would take blood that they and the donater know is unusable???

Nope it's a specific question after you fill out the questionnaire, the last thing they ask is if it was something your uncomfortable talking about or putting on the drug list column then you have an option to mark a sticker with a "use" or "don't use" option which will be put on the blood after you leave and the meds can't see it because it's dropped into a box with a number assigned to it., Sooo when all is said and done they don't take it if the diner marks the "don't use" option on the sticker. This is what Red Cross does anyways. Haha do you think I'm for some reason making this up Wiz? Not sure what the point of that would be.

not at all. seems odd though.

Yeah I thought it was a bit odd too the first time they explained it to me but I guess it makes sense to offer since those who know they have to lie on the test bc its read before the blood is taken, They would be turned down in front of the rest of the locals which would be embarrassing to say the least. At least giving them the option of marking the "don't use" sticker would save the company the extra time and testing.

To be honest, I'm not sure why some phlebotomist call iron---hemoglobin?

My best guess would be they're erroneously told this by their instructors durning their training.

Iron and hemoglobin are one-in-the-same, yet they're two different components of blood. They can't be used interchangeably in terminology.

As for throwing out tainted blood for whatever reasons. If this happens at any blood facility, you'll be deferred to never donate blood again. I've never heard of a walk-in blood center to just to dump and throw away. If you have a medical condition that is a requirement for you to do therapeutic phelbotomies. Absolutely they'll do this. Otherwise you can't request this.
The lady who took my blood said people with too high iron count actually pay the facility to draw and toss their blood.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear