over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Donating blood

gulfcoast

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Been donating blood every 2 months for about 2 years to keep hematocrit in range.

Girls have asked me last 2 times would I be interested in doing "double" draws and/or "platelets".

What are the pros and cons of doing either of these two vs the whole blood donations I've been doing?

Thanks

Been donating blood every 2 months for about 2 years to keep hematocrit in range.

Girls have asked me last 2 times would I be interested in doing "double" draws and/or "platelets".

What are the pros and cons of doing either of these two vs the whole blood donations I've been doing?

Thanks

Stewie can chip in, but donating so often can lower your iron levels too much!

Iron levels are fine. My understanding is that if I do doubles I can basically go every 4 months and get same results on my end.

I've heard it both ways on this. But I've never seen either side substantiated by facts that it does or doesn't lower Hemocrit. For cons they say the irons getting pumped back into you. I'm not saying it's true just that I've seen it posted a bunch on certain froums and other places saying the opposite.

I just donated today for the first time ever. I did the double RBC donation. My understanding is a regular whole blood donation includes RBCs, platelets and plasma. A double RBC donation takes out twice as many RBCs but replaces the platelets and plasma.

The RBCs is what we're concerned with when trying to lower our hematocrit so going with the double RBC donation should have the same result as the whole blood donation. You just don't have to go in as often. It may even lower your hematocrit a little more during the first 8 weeks or so until they've had time to replenish.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd also like to add that my high iron levels were the reason the tech asked if I was interested in the double RBC donation. Apparently they don't offer it to everybody.

Last edited:
Not sure where your getting blood taken but every location and organization I have donated with drives me nuts begging for the double. We used to get time off of if we donated for our unit blood drives. If you donated for the double bs you'd get double whatever the time off was, to be used at ones discretion. When they really get hard up they have offered up to $50.00 for the donations around here . The junkies flock in like crazy too . The one thing I never understood was they should have been flagged after the first time with drug testing yet somehow manage to keep donating and getting paid for it.

Last edited:
Not sure where your getting blood taken but every location and organization I have donated with drives me nuts begging for the double. We used to get time off of if we donated for our unit blood drives. If you donated for the double bs you'd get double whatever the time off was, to be used at ones discretion. When they really get hard up they have offered up to $50.00 for the donations around here . The junkies flock in like crazy too . The one thing I never understood was they should have been flagged after the first time with drug testing yet somehow manage to keep donating and getting paid for it.

I was told by the tech that people with iron levels on the low end of the scale can't do the double RBC donation because it could drop their iron level too low. Maybe yours offered it to everybody even when they shouldn't have because they were so desperate for donors.

I just donated for the first time this week as well. Just curious as to whether you guys donate while on? I came off before i went but i want to get back to doing blasts and cruising and im concerned that i wont be able to donate while on.

I just donated today for the first time ever. I did the double RBC donation. My understanding is a regular whole blood donation includes RBCs, platelets and plasma. A double RBC donation takes out twice as many RBCs but replaces the platelets and plasma.

The RBCs is what we're concerned with when trying to lower our hematocrit so going with the double RBC donation should have the same result as the whole blood donation. You just don't have to go in as often. It may even lower your hematocrit a little more during the first 8 weeks or so until they've had time to replenish.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd also like to add that my high iron levels were the reason the tech asked if I was interested in the double RBC donation. Apparently they don't offer it to everybody.

That is how they explained it to me as well, just wanted to be sure that it would still lower my hematocrit the same way as whole blood donations do.

I tried to donate a couple months ago and was denied for spending over 6 months in Europe when they had madcow .I was told I was stricken for life unless the rules ever change.

I tried to donate a couple months ago and was denied for spending over 6 months in Europe when they had madcow .I was told I was stricken for life unless the rules ever change.

Not suppose to lie on the screening process but then again if no one lied then not one member her saying they donate and have ever used gear would be telling the truth in the screening process. Believe twice they ask if you've ever used AAS or steroids via syringes. Once you're banned on a set rule probably banned unless that set rule gets changed as they explained to you. Food for thought...:eek:

What's important if one is doing several phelbotomies throughout the year is to closely monitor your Iron status. By doing this panel Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online

In these threads, you may find some useful information.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...n-levels-blood-what-can-i-do-please-help.html

What is going on with my Hemo blood levels!!! bloodtest inside. - Professional Muscle

Under normal circumstances, in a equilibrium response, our bodies produces and destroys approximately two million RBC's every second. There are several things that change this balance outside of the use of AAS causing a disequlibrium state. One being the most significant is untreated/undiagnosed sleep apnea. In which causes a rise in RBC production.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Stewie, I had forgotten that iron can be a problem if too high. I remember a few years ago a doc told me mine was high and I was either smoking at the time or taking lots of desiccated liver. I haven't had blood work done in a while but I take a large amount of desiccated liver everyday and have heard even a few tabs can cause ones iron to get too high. I guess I need to figure out a way to give blood ASAP.

I was under the impression in the US they somehow prevent you from giving blood if your RBCs are too high. How would they know before hand.

Last edited:
Where I donate they check your iron levels via finger prick every time before allowing you to donate - cannot be too low or too high.

If you don't meet the qualifications for being a blood donor, I beg you, please stop donating blood. This is not a joke. I have a close friend who died after contracting an infection from a contaminated blood transfusion. There is a reason that blood banks screen donor applicants. Lying on the questionnaire and using the donation process for your own health needs is just selfish. It's one thing to engage in illegal activity that doesn't harm others (as many justify steroid use), but in this you are putting the lives of others at stake.

You may think the risk to a recipient is small, but these questionnaires are not meaningless. Blood banks can only test for a limited number of possible infections and must rely heavily on the screening process to minimize the risks of transfusions. By lying about your drug use, you are denying the recipient the right to make an informed decision about the risks of accepting a blood transfusion.

If you want to reduce your blood count, see a doctor and get a phlebotomy. Yes, it will cost money, but if you are doing this for your own health, why shouldn’t you pay? Don't try to convince yourself that this is a victimless crime. The innocent recipient who contracts a potentially fatal illness would vehemently disagree. Why should someone else pay (in health risk) for your vanity?

If you don't meet the qualifications for being a blood donor, I beg you, please stop donating blood. This is not a joke. I have a close friend who died after contracting an infection from a contaminated blood transfusion. There is a reason that blood banks screen donor applicants. Lying on the questionnaire and using the donation process for your own health needs is just selfish. It's one thing to engage in illegal activity that doesn't harm others (as many justify steroid use), but in this you are putting the lives of others at stake.

You may think the risk to a recipient is small, but these questionnaires are not meaningless. Blood banks can only test for a limited number of possible infections and must rely heavily on the screening process to minimize the risks of transfusions. By lying about your drug use, you are denying the recipient the right to make an informed decision about the risks of accepting a blood transfusion.

If you want to reduce your blood count, see a doctor and get a phlebotomy. Yes, it will cost money, but if you are doing this for your own health, why shouldn’t you pay? Don't try to convince yourself that this is a victimless crime. The innocent recipient who contracts a potentially fatal illness would vehemently disagree. Why should someone else pay (in health risk) for your vanity?
`this is bs. as long as u dont have a disease ur fine. TRT doctors recommend there patients donate to the redcross. but im sorry to hear about ur friend.

Where I donate they check your iron levels via finger prick every time before allowing you to donate - cannot be too high.

They would be checking your hemoglobin. I understand the phelbotomists are saying "let's check your Iron". In essence yes and no. The iron, in hemoglobin, is one of several building blocks of hemoglobin.

Last edited:
`this is bs. as long as u dont have a disease ur fine. TRT doctors recommend there patients donate to the redcross. but im sorry to hear about ur friend.

TRT is a red herring because the issue is underground, unlicensed, unregulated drugs. TRT patients are qualified to donate—and not required to lie on the questionnaire—because they receive regulated pharmaceuticals that are subject to FDA approval and quality control. The same can't be said of underground gear. Guys may convince themselves that UG labs are sanitary because it's convenient, but please don't project that wishful thinking onto innocent people who need blood transfusions. (Have you ever seen any photo of a busted UG lab that would have met FDA standards?) If your hematocrit is high, please get a phlebotomy. It's unethical to use the red cross as a personal laboratory.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear