over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

donating blood

Well kinda lol. Two questions:
1. If my hematocrit was at 55 wouldn't it of made sense for me to do a doubleI put that if donation?

2. How the hell did my hemoglobin go from 17.1 in nov to 14 something two days ago?

Your hematocrit was 55 in November, right? This is the middle of March and your hemoglobin was 14Hbg/42Hct <this is now the important info whether you need go do a phlebotomy or not. Not what you was in November, that's now irrelevant and history. Forget number 55 for the time being. November is when you should of done either a single or double phlebotomy. But you didn't, right?

To answer your second question is all a guessing game, when did you stop your cycle? This is probably the most important question. Next, hypothetically if you had any type of severe
sinus congestion this will cause a transient effect on your HH, as during your sleep your depriving oxygen to your body, causing your bone marrow to increase red blood cell production. Once your sinuses clear up and there's no more signs of Hypoxic Hypoxia your body recognizes this and resumes to a state of normal RBC production. This would be similar to when someone starts CPAP therapy with OSA.

It may be related to an increase of Red blood cell destruction in your liver? Do you know what your Bilirubin levels where in November, or over the last three months.

This is all speculation, I don't have a given answer. Maybe someone else can chime in, with thoughts.

Last edited:
To answer your second question is all a guessing game, when did you stop your cycle? This is probably the most important question. Next, hypothetically if you had any type of severe
sinus congestion this will cause a transient effect on your HH, as during your sleep your depriving oxygen to your body, causing your bone marrow to increase red blood cell production. Once your sinuses clear up and there's no more signs of Hypoxic Hypoxia your body recognizes this and resumes to a state of normal RBC production. This would be similar to when someone starts CPAP therapy with OSA.

My point with this comment is to give a possibilty while you was on your cycle, causing a temporary rise and fall with your HH over a short period of time. Giving you a false indication of your HH,not necessary false. Yet inaccurate too the AAS you were on.

Last edited:
Well in November when I had blood work I was on 750mg test so maybe this was why crit was high? I cruised from mid November til early February when I started my current cycle of deca and test

I just didn't think it was possible that my crit would go from 55 to say 43 in 3 months just bc I dropped down to 250mg test. I thought once crit gets high it takes a long time to lower unless you donate blood. So this is why I'm puzzled here Stewie

I should note I also supplemented with IP6 for maybe a month or two in between November(after I found out crit was high) and march. I know that could possibly lower hgb from what I understand

I should note I also supplemented with IP6 for maybe a month or two in between November(after I found out crit was high) and march. I know that could possibly lower hgb from what I understand

I would say this would have something to do with it.

I would say this would have something to do with it.

I mean you feel it's possible it lowered my hgb/crit that much? I'm glad it did but you seem to think I'm anemic which I really doubt tbh

I mean you feel it's possible it lowered my hgb/crit that much? I'm glad it did but you seem to think I'm anemic which I really doubt tbh

If you dumped at 14.? With a standard phlebotomy most drop 3 points under normal circumstances, that would put you around 11.? Which is anemic. With a double your most certainly anemic.

One way to find out is to go to the blood bank well hydrated and see what your HH is.

If you dumped at 14.? With a standard phlebotomy most drop 3 points under normal circumstances, that would put you around 11.? Which is anemic. With a double your most certainly anemic.

One way to find out is to go to the blood bank well hydrated and see what your HH is.

Wouldn't the lady who tested me of told me I'm borderline anemic if she was concerned? She said my 14 and change reading was perfect.

I'm still baffled at how my crit dropped so much in three months by taking ip6 and cruising on 250mg test. And you're pretty positive my crit is 43 give or take huh?

Oh and the lady who tested my hgb said it shouldn't change any after the donation, not sure i believe that but it's what she said after I asked her if she could check it again after I donate(I was curious to see the difference). Said something along the lines of the actual hgb number won't change but less iron scavenge or something idk I forget lol.

Oh and the lady who tested my hgb said it shouldn't change any after the donation, not sure i believe that but it's what she said after I asked her if she could check it again after I donate(I was curious to see the difference). Said something along the lines of the actual hgb number won't change but less iron scavenge or something idk I forget lol.

Anytime you have a phlebotomy, you are reducing the amount of RBC. Its ridiculous to say it won't have an effect on Hbg. This is well documented in clinical data entries.

They also call Hemoglobin, Iron levels. In which it's not.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the lady who tested me of told me I'm borderline anemic if she was concerned? She said my 14 and change reading was perfect.

I'm still baffled at how my crit dropped so much in three months by taking ip6 and cruising on 250mg test. And you're pretty positive my crit is 43 give or take huh?

How bout these questions?

How bout these questions?
The lady misinformed you

Most labs are close on the distance between ranges for males, for example this range would 13.8gr/dl-17.2gr/dl for one lab, as another lab may be 14gr/dl-18gr/dl. The values are relatively close. As you can see 14gr/dl being normal low, anything below 14 or 13.8 would be considered anemic. Again we'll say you was at 14.5( since you don't know what the fraction of the whole number was) once you remove the 500ml of blood (volume) you reduce the concentration of RBC including the equivalence of hemoglobin/hematocrit. Hematocrit value can be determined directly by microhematocrit centrifugation or calculated indirectly.

You removed volume, in return your lowered the total concentration. Make sense?

By indirect calculations of hematocrit you take Hbg times 3. You = 14.5Hgb/43Hct- volume of 500ml generally speaking with a single RBC lowers by 3 points (for most) =11.5Hgb/40Hct= Anemia. Now you doubled the concentration of RBC and the equivalents of HH. Making this number lower,without question.

You are confusing yourself with what your levels were in November as you have 55 stuck in your head, thats ok.... You need to forget about 55Hct(Nov) and focus on 14.5(?) (March)

Last edited:
The lady misinformed you

Most labs are close on the distance between ranges for males, for example this range would 13.8gr/dl-17.2gr/dl for one lab, as another lab may be 14gr/dl-18gr/dl. The values are relatively close. As you can see 14gr/dl being normal low, anything below 14 or 13.8 would be considered anemic. Again we'll say you was at 14.5( since you don't know what the fraction of the whole number was) once you remove the 500ml of blood (volume) you reduce the concentration of RBC including the equivalence of hemoglobin/hematocrit. Hematocrit value can be determined directly by microhematocrit centrifugation or calculated indirectly.

You removed volume, in return your lowered the total concentration. Make sense?

By indirect calculations of hematocrit you take Hbg times 3. You = 14.5Hgb/43Hct- volume of 500ml generally speaking with a single RBC lowers by 3 points (for most) =11.5Hgb/40Hct= Anemia. Now you doubled the concentration of RBC and the equivalents of HH. Making this number lower,without question.

You are confusing yourself with what your levels were in November as you have 55 stuck in your head, thats ok.... You need to forget about 55Hct(Nov) and focus on 14.5(?) (March)

right i just dont see how its even possible that my hgb/crit lowered this much from nov-mar before even donating?!

i mean thats why i donated bc my crit was high, well at least in nov. but i never thought it wouldve dropped to 42-43 from then til now:confused:

How much IP6 and what kind did u use?

I would be cautious of using IP6 long-term as Phytic acid has a strong ability to chelate multivalent metal ions, specially zinc, calcium, copper and magnesium.

I would recommend once you stopped using IP6 to load up on these minerals, and keep a proper ratio of Zinc/ copper

How much IP6 and what kind did u use?
500-1000mg true nutrition brand
I would be cautious of using IP6 long-term as Phytic acid has a strong ability to chelate multivalent metal ions, specially zinc, calcium, copper and magnesium.

I would recommend once you stopped using IP6 to load up on these minerals, and keep a proper ratio of Zinc/ copper

No I stopped taking it. So do you think there's any problems going on here....you mentioned I'm possibly anemic.... Any other concerns?

500-1000mg true nutrition brand

No I stopped taking it. So do you think there's any problems going on here....you mentioned I'm possibly anemic.... Any other concerns?

bump :headbang:

Last edited:
well i just got an email from red cross stating my blood is being shipped to a couple hospitals. would someone receiving my blood be harmed in any way, or is there not enough hormones in the pint that they take that would cause any problems:confused:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws