over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Donating plasma , anyone do it

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
We recently had a plasma donation center open here in my town. I remember when my wife was in college she worked at a Nabi biomedical lab where the did plasma donation. After she left there I never gave it a second thought.
Back then you got paid for plasma and alot if the college kids would donate a couple times a week for their drinking money for the weekend.
Well I "need" a new cam for my truck so it got me thinking LOL

Seriously though is there any health benefits?

Not sure about plasma but I donate whole blood and platelets which keeps my H&H in check. Not that I do it for weight lose but for every pint you donate your body will burn approximately 500cal. It healthy for your body replenish with new RBCs every so often.

Not sure about plasma but I donate whole blood and platelets which keeps my H&H in check. Not that I do it for weight lose but for every pint you donate your body will burn approximately 500cal. It healthy for your body replenish with new RBCs every so often.

I do the same because my hematocrit runs high anyway. I'm also O- so that's a big chance to help others , the blood center hounds me like vampires LOL

A bit off topic but I gave blood last week and they've already added the question "have you had the corona vaccine?"

I will be donating platelets the end of this week. I wonder if that disqualifies you from donating.
No donating platelets doesn’t disqualify you but I know they make you wait a week or so before you can donate whole blood.

No donating platelets doesn’t disqualify you but I know they make you wait a week or so before you can donate whole blood.

Here....you have to wait the mandatory 3months for anything thats donated....whole blood....wait 3months before next donations....platelets wait 3months.

Here....you have to wait the mandatory 3months for anything thats donated....whole blood....wait 3months before next donations....platelets wait 3months.

I could be wrong.Maybe that’s for plasma

I donated a while back and there was no waiting period. And all blood was tested for covid. And something I have noticed over the decades of donating is that different groups have different policies. I have 2 different groups in my town that take donations and they don't ask the same questions. And no one pays for plasma around here.

I donated a while back and there was no waiting period. And all blood was tested for covid. And something I have noticed over the decades of donating is that different groups have different policies. I have 2 different groups in my town that take donations and they don't ask the same questions. And no one pays for plasma around here.
They pay for plasma here in Florida. I’ve never done it though. I have to take a xanex just to donate blood 🩸 lol! Which I do every 3-4 months

Honestly man how much money could you conceivably make off this? Seems like something drug addicts and college kids do. Being a grown man surely your time can be better spent doing actual work to make income. There's zero performance gain to donating plasma FYI

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws