over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Donnie Thompson totals 3000!!!!

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Apparently there is a little bit of controversy surrounding his third squat attempt. There is video, so you be the judge!

Donnie Thompson totals 3000!!!!

I guess he could of went down a little lower? But that is one hell of a lift!!!

Good squat. You have to realize some that big with all that mass, he won't be able to safely go down much further.

BTW. That link takes you to a page that contains malware/virus.

looked good...wish I could do half that :eek:...ya that page contains a virus or something.

Good squat. You have to realize some that big with all that mass, he won't be able to safely go down much further.

BTW. That link takes you to a page that contains malware/virus.
It should not have passed. Just because you have a lot of mass does not mean you cant squat to proper depth. This is an embarrassment to the sprt of powrlifting.

Considering power lifting is as legit as pro wrestling anymore it was a impressive
lift.

Big man, heavy lift, big props to him!

Squat was high as a kite.

compare it to brian carrol's from the same meet,

**broken link removed**

while that is a lot of weight. i used to judge some USPF meets in the 90"s and i would have given him a red light from what i saw.

So hard to tell from just one video. Idealy it should be crystal clear from any point of view but... powerlifting is that kind of sport. If you wanna talk about depth why dont we first talk about suits, wraps, etc.. etc..
Ethier way, Donnie is a strong motherfucker and I give him a gold metal just for being able to hold that weight on his back. Much respect.

NOPE!!!!...awesome job to do what he did but it wasn't low enough...

For what it's worth it looked good to me- that's last dip on the bottom looked to be legal for depth but it is all about the camera angle as well. BTW he was very geared up. He could've squatted a car. Really PL done this way is a circus act. Horse and pony show. Let's see what he can do raw. May total half that.

Wasn't low enough. I see 1 judge, not 3. No lights to show that more than 1 judge agreed that it was low enough. The judge throws his hand up when he's almost at the top of the lift. WTF! Really impressive lift but since we're talking about a record that's going to be recorded, no way. If it was just an event and there were no records, I can see them just maybe giving it to him. There's no way that's regulation. Look at the bend of his knee. It has to be 90. it clearly is more than 90. We're not talking 90 degrees at a gym with a bench behind you. We're talking about a true 90 degrees which will be different on everybody depending on their height. A true 90 is pretty low. His thighs are still at an angle and not parallel to the floor. I don't see think this should be recorded, no disrespect.

looked good...wish I could do half that :eek:...ya that page contains a virus or something.

i thought rx got that fixed and only people using internet explorer were getting infected.

For what it's worth it looked good to me- that's last dip on the bottom looked to be legal for depth but it is all about the camera angle as well. BTW he was very geared up. He could've squatted a car. Really PL done this way is a circus act. Horse and pony show. Let's see what he can do raw. May total half that.

He would do way more than half. He has done 805, 585 and 800 raw at the NERB meet, so a 2190 raw total. I do agree with you however, I'd rather see a big raw squat than the multiply stuff. Still, 3000 total is an amazing number.

I think a big problem with gear in powerlifting is that you almost need a team and equipped facilty to train for it thus cutting out lot of minorties and lower income people. while his raw total was impressive how really impressive is it for some one weighing 350-400lbs. Hell many guys a lot smaller are just as strong it is also an advatage being very obese in powerlifting as you have a larger fabric area in your squat suit and bench shirt to supply energy. What do you really think ed coan thinks about that total? so he gain near 500lbs with his squat suit and near 400 hundered with his bench shirt

Last edited:
He would do way more than half. He has done 805, 585 and 800 raw at the NERB meet, so a 2190 raw total. I do agree with you however, I'd rather see a big raw squat than the multiply stuff. Still, 3000 total is an amazing number.

At the same meet, Chad W. Smith squatted 905 raw.

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity