over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dont Drag out your workouts

Everlast: All business in the gym.. thats what im talking about. i actually get really pissed if someone calls me while im working out..
Its my time to make some gains and dont want to hear about nothing unless an emergency..

SOCOM: dude thats the funny things.. i have done that many times. My headphones dont even work.. i just have them in my ears to send a message to "get lost" the music in the gym is super loud so thats a good thing .. i can still hear something.. but if i can wear a mask or become invisible i would.

Alfresco: smart idea.. i wish i could do like you.. but just my luck.. i happen to go at the worst time.. Its the only time that works for me..

My favorite day to train is Sunday... Leg day.. I get there when the gym opens at 700am.. and only a few older guys are there and i can squat, press, front squat... and not have to worry about no one in my way..Its really my favorite workout because by the time i leave.. everyone is arriving..

Great post Alex. one thing that i always do is from the time i get out of the shower before i get to the gym is visualize the whole workout. every lift, every number in the log book getting beat. if you can see yourself acomplishing something by the time you get to the actual task you mind will believe you already acomplished it, and you will.

Dorians Philosophy as well!!

Good thread, I have a question though. I train with a partner and luckily were usually on the same page with things, hell were like brothers but there have been a few times where he was unable to make it. I can't seem to get the same workout alone, not having a spot and not having the outside encouragement to bust out a couple more reps plays hell on me. How do you guys who work alone overcome that?

Good thread, I have a question though. I train with a partner and luckily were usually on the same page with things, hell were like brothers but there have been a few times where he was unable to make it. I can't seem to get the same workout alone, not having a spot and not having the outside encouragement to bust out a couple more reps plays hell on me. How do you guys who work alone overcome that?

ive never had a consistant training partner.. not for about 12 years.. and i do fine.. I just push as hard as i can and know my limits.. I rest less than most.. Training alone has some benefits..

ive never had a consistant training partner.. not for about 12 years.. and i do fine.. I just push as hard as i can and know my limits.. I rest less than most.. Training alone has some benefits..

But have you ever wondered that if you had an ideal training partner the gains you could make by going to failure and then being assisted for a couple of more reps.

I love the feedback...! think about this shit man...

We are busting our assess day in and day out! go the extra mile to tear it up in there..

Dont even make eye contact except with yourself.. or the weights..

Every workout is precious.. Get mentally ready for each workout.. its all business in there.. If someone wants to talk, they can catch up later when your done.. but while your in the gym.. train to gain!
great thread Alex,great thread!! i get so psyched as i'm on my way to the gym and when i get there it's game on.i stare at the wghts and the floor.that's it.after every set i either sit down and collect my thoughts or walk back and forth getting ready for the next set.i hate to wait for some lame ass doing b.b. curls on the squat rack with the bar and a 5 or a 10 on each side and he's gotta do 4 sets of whatever and 3 minute rests cause the shits that heavy to him.most times i'll just stand there and politely ask him if he could move all that heavy equipment to an empty bench so i could get a few sets.i gotta learn to do different exercises like you said,a plan b of sorts.thnx for this thread.

But have you ever wondered that if you had an ideal training partner the gains you could make by going to failure and then being assisted for a couple of more reps.

oh hell yeah man.. I wish i did have an ideal training parter.... shows up on time, serious as hell and very motivated.. that would be ideal.. And i would love it..

great thread Alex,great thread!! i get so psyched as i'm on my way to the gym and when i get there it's game on.i stare at the wghts and the floor.that's it.after every set i either sit down and collect my thoughts or walk back and forth getting ready for the next set.i hate to wait for some lame ass doing b.b. curls on the squat rack with the bar and a 5 or a 10 on each side and he's gotta do 4 sets of whatever and 3 minute rests cause the shits that heavy to him.most times i'll just stand there and politely ask him if he could move all that heavy equipment to an empty bench so i could get a few sets.i gotta learn to do different exercises like you said,a plan b of sorts.thnx for this thread.

great post ...Keep the motivation going and just cant let other less motivated people slow you down, get in your way or hinder your gains.. Honestly.. each workout is valuable time out of your life... you have to make the best of it.. or its just not worth it!

hey Alex,

If you start a workout and you feel like shit do you try to power through or will you put it off a day and do it tomorrow?

I was doing back today and got through with my pulldowns and rear delt DB rows and then wanted to do Rack Pulls. For the life of me i could barely stand upright (I think my blood sugar crashed). I decided just to bail and go home and feed and come back tomorrow and do rack pulls with legs.

What is your advice with a situation like this?

ps I did PR with pulldowns which made me feel good! (until my blood sugar crashed!!!)

I love the feedback...! think about this shit man...

We are busting our assess day in and day out! go the extra mile to tear it up in there..

Dont even make eye contact except with yourself.. or the weights..

Every workout is precious.. Get mentally ready for each workout.. its all business in there.. If someone wants to talk, they can catch up later when your done.. but while your in the gym.. train to gain!

Alex,
I had to smile when I read your post. I couldn't believe there are other like minded people out there who mean business when they go to the gym.You mean business and that's the exact way I am.I don't go to the gym to socialize, chit-chat and to look tanned and pretty. I go there to train and train hard. I don't bother talking to people or even look at them. I just want to train.Call me anti-social, I don't care.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear