over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Don't know what I want to do w/ my life-NEED HELP

I second the Nurse program its no longer a female field, My buddy is a Surgery Nurse, makes well over 85k has amazing hours, likes what he does, and can party all the time. He left good ole bmore and is working in Miami no he is one lucky MOFO

Don't go into nursing dude - in general it sucks.
The only way to make any money in that field is to be a 'traveling nurse'
If you're looking for a well paying 9-5 type gig with a normal social life and normal weekend/holiday experience definitely do not look into nursing. I was one, and I'm married to one - nuff said.

Not knowing you on a personal basis, here's my .02.
Take your interest in 'health' and direct it toward pharmaceutical or medial equipment sales. I've yet to know anyone in these areas who doesn't love their job - and I know plenty. TONS of perks, not the least of which is a car, car insurance and every friggin drop of gas you put in it! Flexible hours, (hot chicks) and nice pay checks (and bonuses). Assuming you're not socially inept - this is my best advice to you.

Most companies require only a BA/BS. The rest is based on charisma and personal presentation.

Nursing Sucks

Ever thought of skilled trades?

I have two under grads and an MBA . . . I wanted to run the world. I quickly learned that big companies are full of cheating, back stabbing and lying. It's like anything, if you are going to go any where you wil find out very quickly. Someone needs to like you . . . I stick to myself, so I was never part of the in group.

I have a gig at Pratt & Whitney and those boys make $27 to $30 and hour . . . they just do their own thing and that's it. No bull shit, no politics. $57,000.00 a year, do some overtime and you can do well for yourself. You get to leave the bull shit there and enjoy your time off.

Boo

Last edited:
Boo said:
Ever thought of skilled trades?

I have two under grads and an MBA . . . I wanted to run the world. I quickly learned that big companies are full of cheating, back stabbing and lying. It's like anything, if you are going to go any where you wil find out very quickly. Someone needs to like you . . . I stick to myself, so I was never part of the in group.

I have a gig at Pratt & Whitney and those boys make $27 to $30 and hour . . . they just do their own thing and that's it. No bull shit, no politics. $57,000.00 a year, do some overtime and you can do well for yourself. You get to leave the bull shit there and enjoy your time off.

Boo

I am not familiar with Pratt & WHitney, can you elaborate on what you do? THanks

monkey said:
Take your interest in 'health' and direct it toward pharmaceutical or medial equipment sales. I've yet to know anyone in these areas who doesn't love their job - and I know plenty. TONS of perks, not the least of which is a car, car insurance and every friggin drop of gas you put in it! Flexible hours, (hot chicks) and nice pay checks (and bonuses). Assuming you're not socially inept - this is my best advice to you.

Most companies require only a BA/BS. The rest is based on charisma and personal presentation.

Nursing Sucks

Yea I have a good friend (bb'er actually) who is in pharm sales and he loves it. This is where I am leaning, but I am debating on staying in school or not. b/c I jsut feel like I would be going out in the real world naked with the degree I am getting in the spring. Ya know?

I am sure my buddy could put in some good words for me, but even he was telling me how hard it is to get "in" He was interviewed like 10 times for about 6 months. WTF am I supposed to do in the mean time? LOL I am sure things will work out, but I have to make them work for myself ;)

Thanks for all the advice/insight fellas, some of you have some really good ideas that will be worht looking into. I appreciate it...really.

HELLA SWOLE said:
I am not familiar with Pratt & WHitney, can you elaborate on what you do? THanks

They build airplanes...most are engineers.

HELLA SWOLE said:
Thanks for all the advice/insight fellas, some of you have some really good ideas that will be worht looking into. I appreciate it...really.

I may be jumping in a little late, but find something that you like to do and something you will always/continue to like to do and find a career path in it that will allow you to live the lifestyle you'd like.

Myself, I was into sports and music, but didn't end up pitching for the Padres or putting out platinum albums in a band.

But I wasn't bright enough to think outside the box for myself and didn't have anyone to mentor me, so I didn't look at other areas within that arena, like sports journalism or broadcasting or music production or management.

Look at options within options within things you enjoy.

HELLA SWOLE said:
Yea I have a good friend (bb'er actually) who is in pharm sales and he loves it. This is where I am leaning, but I am debating on staying in school or not. b/c I jsut feel like I would be going out in the real world naked with the degree I am getting in the spring. Ya know?

I am sure my buddy could put in some good words for me, but even he was telling me how hard it is to get "in" He was interviewed like 10 times for about 6 months. WTF am I supposed to do in the mean time? LOL I am sure things will work out, but I have to make them work for myself ;)

PM me your e-mail address Hella, I have some good articles on preparing for a Pharma Interview and how to answer questions....its been a sales job I have been leaning to for quite awhile now...

It's funny, most of the pharm/medical reps I've met have been through the gym. That's cuz they pretty much only hire "good looking" people. My last workout partner (he moved) is a pharm rep, he used to joke about how he worked 20 hours a week! He said you'll 'start' around 60+/yr. It's a great way to meet/network with people too. If I had to do it over I would have went this route - it's a no brainer. I have a couple buddies that sell pharms, I have two buddies that sell orthopedic instumentation, and a buddy that sells breast implants - they all love thier jobs. I'm not saying it's easy street, and I'm not saying that you just simply apply and bang you got the job, you may have to be willing to relocate - but your young dude - you shoudl b more than willing to relocate at this point in your life.

Again, just my .02

monkey said:
Don't go into nursing dude - in general it sucks.
The only way to make any money in that field is to be a 'traveling nurse'
If you're looking for a well paying 9-5 type gig with a normal social life and normal weekend/holiday experience definitely do not look into nursing. I was one, and I'm married to one - nuff said.

Nursing Sucks
I'll second that. I'm a RN and its not worth the head aches. Over worked and under payed. Remember there is a sever nursing shortage.

monkey said:
It's funny, most of the pharm/medical reps I've met have been through the gym. That's cuz they pretty much only hire "good looking" people. My last workout partner (he moved) is a pharm rep, he used to joke about how he worked 20 hours a week! He said you'll 'start' around 60+/yr. It's a great way to meet/network with people too. If I had to do it over I would have went this route - it's a no brainer. I have a couple buddies that sell pharms, I have two buddies that sell orthopedic instumentation, and a buddy that sells breast implants - they all love thier jobs. I'm not saying it's easy street, and I'm not saying that you just simply apply and bang you got the job, you may have to be willing to relocate - but your young dude - you shoudl b more than willing to relocate at this point in your life.

Again, just my .02

Yea, I would definately be willing to relocate, hell I even would kind of like to relocate. It would be cool to start over in a new city and experience new things/new people. As long as it wasn't some small secluded town...I couldn't handle that :) I will defiantely be willing to to my homework before pursuing this as well to give myself the best possible shot at getting a job. Thanks

I like the medical sales idea. Do you have a sales personality? There is more money to be made in sales than any other profession. Period. End of story. Not everyone is cut out for sales, but once you get these skills down you can apply them to selling just about anything. I'd see if you could shadow someone? Maybe a free internship or something like that. That's another great way to get a paying job, an internship.

Outside of that, the nursing thing in my state is a two year program. How much science do you have? Have you thought about a PA(physicians assistant)? 3/4 the pay of physicians with a lot less liability. Just throwing out another idea.

HELLA SWOLE said:

Pratt & Whitney ( at least the faciity I work at ) engineer and build airplane build engines. The parts are produced on massive computer driven " C&C " type machines. One blade for an engine whick takes a few min's to make sells for $5000.

The course is a two year tech school diploma program and you start at $20++ and hr. You can walk in off the street ( if you are lucky ) with just a production background and get a job burnishing ( smoothing edges ) on parts for $36,500 a year a litte overtime and your golden.

Yes, there are a great number of engineers employeed at these types of facilities, but the bulk of the employees are blue collar workers.

Boo.

P.S. We also have a fully equiped commercial gym in the plant ( bells up to 130lbs ) which we are given free, unlimited access to and encouraged to use before work and on our lunch break.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws