advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dont you think its funny when people at bodybuilding forums...

Dont you think its funny when people at bodybuilding forums talk more about other sports like ufc than they do bodybuilding? Im also one of those guys. I love training with weights and I love being in shape at the beach and living this lifestyle but bodybuilding "the sport" is dying out fast. Anybody else feel this way? I mean who gives a fuck about Kai Green doing silly poses in his swimming or posing suit? Who cares about Cutler and how he will be like this year? Are there any others that feel the same way I do?

I love this board, but I gave up following BB years ago and moved to keeping up with MMA. Maybe I just got old, and decided it just wasn't appealing or likely for me to get huge.

I love to train, lift heavy stuff off the ground but I could really care less about competitive BB I think its stupid-just my.002 but I cant help it. There is only one BB that I really ever liked and that was Dorian Yates because of the level of intensity and dedication plus some of his training philosophies.

I give props to the guys and girls that get up there at the top levels, and I respect their dedication and hard work, but I wouldn't say I care per se.

I don't have any personal aspirations to compete, but I still find inspiration in some of the people that do.

To me, lifting is where I find solace. It gives me peace of mind in knowing that I'm always moving forward, and that's important to me! :)

-Pack

This was a great post! I competed before, and I'm not certain that I want to compete again, but I agree about finding "solace" at the gym and doing something simply because you love it.

Probably 99%+ of the population do not know who the current Mr. O is and could care less about competitive bb. However, many of that same 99%+ enjoy going to the gym regularly and living a healthy lifestyle.

The competitive side of bb will always appeal to a very select few but it will never become a main stream "sport" because of what it takes to reach that level of muscular development.

I am the oppostire, I find it odd if a "regular joe gym rat" is using AAS, slin, GH, etc., but not interested in competing in bodybuilding or any sport, but just uses those things to look good at the beach or during the summer.

I think that the availability of AAS and other substances online has diminished the sport, because now everybody and their brother thinls that if they just get their hands on "the right stack" they will look better than most of the IFBB pro's.

It's the internet goons and young male demographic that is hurting the actual sport of bodybuilding, as the perception of bodybuilders in normal everyday life is being falsely represented by these over-juicing, terrible looking, non-leg training boneheads.

I have followed the sport since I was 6 years old looking at my dad's M&F magazines (back when they had awesome coverage of the pro shows), and I still have the same interest to this day, although intensity does waver depending on the current crop of pros.

However, the current crop of pro's is the best it's been since the 90's, and I actually feel the sport is growing again because of it.

It also helps that the Mr. Olympia is not a "champ shows up and wins no matter what" show anymore, which has made it very exciting again.

Dont you think its funny when people at bodybuilding forums talk more about other sports like ufc than they do bodybuilding? Im also one of those guys. I love training with weights and I love being in shape at the beach and living this lifestyle but bodybuilding "the sport" is dying out fast. Anybody else feel this way? I mean who gives a fuck about Kai Green doing silly poses in his swimming or posing suit? Who cares about Cutler and how he will be like this year? Are there any others that feel the same way I do?

I love bodybuilding 100% when I am doing it, however I am not one to watch any kind of BB'ing competitions nor do I look up to anyone in bodybuilding.

I am one of those odd people who doesn't particularly enjoy MMA either. It was cool when it first came out but now everybody is a fighter, the sport is very watered down. If there is nothing to watch on TV I'll watch it, but really sick and tired of hearing and seeing it.

Last edited:
Bodybuilding isn't dying out.....your interest in it has changed....thats all. Happens to us all after we've been at this for so long. We just get burnt out and focus on other things.

I can't post from too much experience but I agree with this, Mainevent 100%

I understand what your saying but I wouldn't say it is dying. Sure I prefer the physiques from the past. Not to mention the complete commercialization of many gyms. Anyway they are two entirely different subjects to this thread.

I think it is good we have a place to express our opinions on numerous subjects. It usually results in learning from all areas. It would be annoying if I had to go to a football forum if I wanted to chat about a game, and then a ufc forum if I wanted to chat about a fight etc etc. But of course if all your gonna chat about is ufc then do it on a ufc forum as that makes more sense.

I think the diversity on this board is other reason it is great. It also lets us learn more about each member and what they like. As a result probably finding out things we have in common. That probably builds stronger bonds between members and improves the forum. That sounds abit gay but you know what I mean haha. Feeling alittle unlike myself... just injected 1mg of MT2... where's my ginger root.

Agreed here too.

Good posting Elvia...What's up man?!

You either got the Bodybuilding bug, or you don't. Simple as that.

To me, Bodybuilding isent just a sport, it's a lifestyle. It's blood, sweat, and tears... everyday, all day. I enjoy watching BBing shows and fallowing top Pro BBers, but that just a SMALL portion of BBing. I love having a whole corner of my counter packed with jugs of supplements. I love eating a bunch of pills and planning all my meals to the T. I love throwin some darts in my leg/ass every once in a while. Not being able to sleep at night, because I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to train the next day. The attention I get from "normal" people.. and when the girls say I'm "too big" and "freaky" haha! And going to the gym and just absolutely DESTORYING myself, is just as good as sex to me.

Like I said before, most people that say they "don't want to be a huge Bodybuilder", only say that because they don't have the dedication and knowledge to become one! Most men that are seriously into lifting, would trade bodies with a top NPC/IFBB pro in a heartbeat! Thats like saying... I want to play Golf, but don't wanna be as good as Tiger Woods!

You either got the Bodybuilding bug, or you don't. Simple as that.

To me, Bodybuilding isent just a sport, it's a lifestyle. It's blood, sweat, and tears... everyday, all day. I enjoy watching BBing shows and fallowing top Pro BBers, but that just a SMALL portion of BBing. I love having a whole corner of my counter packed with jugs of supplements. I love eating a bunch of pills and planning all my meals to the T. I love throwin some darts in my leg/ass every once in a while. Not being able to sleep at night, because I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to train the next day. The attention I get from "normal" people.. and when the girls say I'm "too big" and "freaky" haha! And going to the gym and just absolutely DESTORYING myself, is just as good as sex to me.

Like I said before, most people that say they "don't want to be a huge Bodybuilder", only say that because they don't have the dedication and knowledge to become one! Most men that are seriously into lifting, would trade bodies with a top NPC/IFBB pro in a heartbeat! Thats like saying... I want to play Golf, but don't wanna be as good as Tiger Woods!

For me bodybuilding is not just my port as I do boxing too and when I get over 90kgs than my perfomance really suffers. The last thing you want in a fight is a pump. Im happy with my body as I can say Im athletic, and I love training with weights and for my size I can bang out more weight than most of the bigger guys in my gym. The most funny thing is I see people in the gym walking with lat syndrome and I think haow pathetic? I used to be a lot bigger but I am more happy now. So no not everyone that trains in the gym want to look like pro bodybuilders. Btw watching a bodybuilding show is like watching paint dry and I have also competed before....

Very interesting views. I personally have no problem with MMA threads on here, since MMA is all about strength, weight, conditioning, force, power, etc. so it only makes sense to talk about it on here. But I definitely get what wolf is saying. I would rather watch a good game of soccer than a bodybuilding show, as would most people.

I think BB is definitely bigger than it ever was. It is unlikely to die out unless they start drug testing at competitions.... :D :D :D or in gyms... :eek:

Along with what one poster said, the problem is that BB is not a "main event" sport and probably never will be. That is because its a kind of freakish. Arnold said in the 70's that BB is like art, sorta like a a sculptor making a statue out of clay, or Kai Green saying recently that a muscular body is the most aesthetic thing in the world... Go out on the street and show people a pic of Kai Green and 95% of the men and 99% of all women will say that its disgusting, gross and unhealthy. So lets not kid ourseves. To the majority of the population, we are total freaks!

And I think we like it that way too. I started BB because I didnt want to look like everyone else. I wanted to stick out.

Agreed here too.

Good posting Elvia...What's up man?!

Hi Tyrone, good to hear from you. I am great. Really pleased about Anasci. Been spending alot of time over here too. Infact too much... I was meant to be at my gf's about 20 mins ago! See you around.

Really liking the replies on this thread. I think they are evidence that bodybuilding is not dying. Like others have said it's your opinions on the sport that have made you think that way. But everyone changes through life. For many that fire and excitement BB brings in their teens/early 20's starts to fade due to various reasons (age, family, children, hobbies, health, desire etc).

I hope the conversation doesn't turn into the stupid topic of, Meathead vs Beachbody guy...

I am one of those odd people who doesn't particularly enjoy MMA either. It was cool when it first came out but now everybody is a fighter, the sport is very watered down. If there is nothing to watch on TV I'll watch it, but really sick and tired of hearing and seeing it.

I've been an MMA fan since 1996, but for the past few years I don't even tell most people, because it seems that a lot of casual fans give people the wrong impression of the sport.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131