YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dont you think its funny when people at bodybuilding forums...

The Wolf

Kilo Klub Member
Dont you think its funny when people at bodybuilding forums talk more about other sports like ufc than they do bodybuilding? Im also one of those guys. I love training with weights and I love being in shape at the beach and living this lifestyle but bodybuilding "the sport" is dying out fast. Anybody else feel this way? I mean who gives a fuck about Kai Green doing silly poses in his swimming or posing suit? Who cares about Cutler and how he will be like this year? Are there any others that feel the same way I do?

I like many sports. ufc, football, american football, strongman, bodybuilding, golf, olympics. I don't think bodybuilding is dying. Its probably bigger than ever.

I understand what your saying but I wouldn't say it is dying. Sure I prefer the physiques from the past. Not to mention the complete commercialization of many gyms. Anyway they are two entirely different subjects to this thread.

I think it is good we have a place to express our opinions on numerous subjects. It usually results in learning from all areas. It would be annoying if I had to go to a football forum if I wanted to chat about a game, and then a ufc forum if I wanted to chat about a fight etc etc. But of course if all your gonna chat about is ufc then do it on a ufc forum as that makes more sense.

I think the diversity on this board is other reason it is great. It also lets us learn more about each member and what they like. As a result probably finding out things we have in common. That probably builds stronger bonds between members and improves the forum. That sounds abit gay but you know what I mean haha. Feeling alittle unlike myself... just injected 1mg of MT2... where's my ginger root.

Last edited:
I give props to the guys and girls that get up there at the top levels, and I respect their dedication and hard work, but I wouldn't say I care per se.

I don't have any personal aspirations to compete, but I still find inspiration in some of the people that do.

To me, lifting is where I find solace. It gives me peace of mind in knowing that I'm always moving forward, and that's important to me! :)

-Pack

just because you... feel that way does not mean the sport is dying. i don't care for socer any more does that mean socer has died?

Funny Wolf....after i posted a ufc thread...i saw your thread...LOL

just because you... feel that way does not mean the sport is dying. i don't care for socer any more does that mean socer has died?

Its just that nobody talks about bodybuilding competitions like they used too but most of us like living the lifestyle, so I guess the point I was making is that its more of a lifestyle to us than a sport. Now "soccer" or should I say football because that is the real football is the worlds most popular sport. If I was to go to sherdog forum and start talking about the New York pro or something than people will tell me to fuck off.... ya dig? Of course this site is good and we are all like a happy family that we can talk about irrelevent issues and thats why I opened this thread. But most bodybuilding Forums these days seem to talk about anything but bodybuilding, there are more ufc posts in all bodybuilding forums than there is bodybuilding competitons, meaning that bodybuilding shows are boring and if you have seen won you have seen them all.

Dont you think its funny when people at bodybuilding forums talk more about other sports like ufc than they do bodybuilding? Im also one of those guys. I love training with weights and I love being in shape at the beach and living this lifestyle but bodybuilding "the sport" is dying out fast. Anybody else feel this way? I mean who gives a fuck about Kai Green doing silly poses in his swimming or posing suit? Who cares about Cutler and how he will be like this year? Are there any others that feel the same way I do?

True wolf: I think the majority of guys that are members are interested in learning how to train and build muscle but the actual sport of competetive bodybuilding is not so apealing.

The sport is hard to be a fan of if you are not directly involved and competing.The magazines about the sport are filled with lies and written by ghost writers.The contestants themselves are for the most part shady(gay for pay,drug dealers,recreational drug addicts,etc) We have some guys on the board that are competitors that are great guys and a couple that are terds.

But this is the place to try and cut through the bullshit and find out the truth on building muscle.And most topics about training,diet and drugs have been beat to death and covered a million times.So most are athletes and have athletic backgrounds so recent or current events in sports is the conversation.

A problem I see though is the guys that are educated and experienced have already dicussed important stuff so many times they no longer participate and only log on to be social with their bros.A lot of the newbies answering questions about things like pharmaceuticals should not be giving advice! so the mods have their hands full for sure.

But most bodybuilding Forums these days seem to talk about anything but bodybuilding, there are more ufc posts in all bodybuilding forums than there is bodybuilding competitons, meaning that bodybuilding shows are boring and if you have seen won you have seen them all.

Actually, it means those other boards are full of kids, posers, and wanna-be's. The only reason why I come to PM and no other board, is because most of the guys that post are BODYBUILDERS. I want to come to a BodyBuilding site, and talk about BODYBUILDING with BODYBUILDERS. Why would anyone that thinks BBrs are "nasty or too big" join a site.. for BODYBUILDERS?!? To most guys on this site, BBing is their life, blood sweat and tears, all day every day. If you just wanna "lift weights" and get "in shape"... go join some little fitness site or some shit. There are PLENTY of MMA sites to to talk about.. MMA! I began wrestling and fighting MMA almost 10 years ago, waay back before 90% of the poser wanna-be's today even HEARD of it. I love MMA and Wrestling. But a BODYBUILDING board should not be full of MMA threads. A lot of guys have bonded together on this site, and I believe one thread of a upcoming fight is great, because you can BS with your brothers, the guys you been BSin with for years.

True wolf: I think the majority of guys that are members are interested in learning how to train and build muscle but the actual sport of competetive bodybuilding is not so apealing.

Most people would love to be BodyBuilders, but don't have the determination and knowledge! So they claim to just wanna have a "nice body" or whatever. That is their excuse as why they are not on a Bodybuilding level. Most of these "I just wanna be fit" guys.. would swap bodys with a Bodybuilding in a heartbeat! It's just like all these new age armchair wanna-be "MMA fans". They will never have the determination or knowledge to be an MMA fighter, so they dream and drool. :rolleyes:

What is there even to talk about in regards to body building? Oh that guy has a bigger bi peak etc.

I actually really appreciate the athletes who weight train on the forums. They generally have a better appreciation of strength training than the retarded teenage monkeys posting on the bodybuilding magazine sites.

I'd love to hear more about both football and mma strength programs. I wish Bill Starr would use a computer.

I totally get what the wolf is talking about guys, and i'm inclined to agree with him.

It is what it is though. I'm pretty new compared to a lot of the guys around here, but I really enjoy this board. Always good conversation and arguments from people I generally tend to relate to. Also always a good laugh.

-Pack

Its just that nobody talks about bodybuilding competitions like they used too but most of us like living the lifestyle, so I guess the point I was making is that its more of a lifestyle to us than a sport. Now "soccer" or should I say football because that is the real football is the worlds most popular sport. If I was to go to sherdog forum and start talking about the New York pro or something than people will tell me to fuck off.... ya dig? Of course this site is good and we are all like a happy family that we can talk about irrelevent issues and thats why I opened this thread. But most bodybuilding Forums these days seem to talk about anything but bodybuilding, there are more ufc posts in all bodybuilding forums than there is bodybuilding competitons, meaning that bodybuilding shows are boring and if you have seen won you have seen them all.

I love this site and learn a lot about regular health in many areas. The sponsor's are great.There are some funny stuff posted too. But after about 5 to 10 minuet of looking at picture's posted of the pro's. I've had my fill. Ive been lifting for 32 years on and off and have never wanted to compete. As big A posted ,for the pros with the massive amount of aas and other meds they have to take to compete it is very unhealthy. I think about half of the members on PM are in accord with my thinking. I could be way off on my assumption. Even Arnold said at the end of his carrier it was a little silly , at lest for him. Another thing that has happened since Arnold's time is the awareness of aas, back then few average people new about it. Now every one knows ,even though they will look at a bber and say damn he's big, they knows he's on aas [even though he may not be]and will have a not so good thought and some will even comment to the bber about it. I haven't seen a contest on TV in a long time. I think in the above statements BBing is a dying sport.

Bodybuilding isn't dying out.....your interest in it has changed....thats all. Happens to us all after we've been at this for so long. We just get burnt out and focus on other things.

I think you don't understand what Bodybuilding is. It is not just about competing on stage. It is about improving your body constantly, wether that would be health, sports or just to have a beach body. You guys are wrong about not wanting to talk about other sports. How do you think they got to be good in those sports? I bet, they spent hours in a gym trying to improve their bodies to be better, from Bodybuilding to Golf.

Bodybuliding is more of a lifestyle then getting on stage. I could care less about a trophy, however I do care about being in the best shape of my life. If you stop thinking of this as a competition and more as a lifestyle, you will be much more happier in life.

I think you don't understand what Bodybuilding is. It is not just about competing on stage. It is about improving your body constantly, wether that would be health, sports or just to have a beach body. You guys are wrong about not wanting to talk about other sports. How do you think they got to be good in those sports? I bet, they spent hours in a gym trying to improve their bodies to be better, from Bodybuilding to Golf.

Bodybuliding is more of a lifestyle then getting on stage. I could care less about a trophy, however I do care about being in the best shape of my life. If you stop thinking of this as a competition and more as a lifestyle, you will be much more happier in life.

Yeah thats excactly what I said, its a lifetstyle. Another good thing about this forum is that the bros here are more mature, if I posted this at getbig.com I would have been flamed until the cows came home:)

you beat me to it

Bodybuilding isn't dying out.....your interest in it has changed....thats all. Happens to us all after we've been at this for so long. We just get burnt out and focus on other things.

that is exactly my opinion as well.
bodbybuilding is dying out in YOUR MIND. their are a thousand teenage guys or guys new to the sport/lifestyle that are all about talking bodybuidling, asking questions etc etc
i have had to change my view of it all as well. it is not the glamorous sport i once wanted to believe it was. instead, it has become something very persoanl to me that i choose not to give up because it does make me a better person. it keeps me focused. every time i prep for a show my whole life seems to flow better. things are put in perspective. i am more mentlly healthy. have less stress. focus on things that truly matter and forget the things that don't matter.
i don't know how to explain it really. i used to ooh and aw ad guys in mags etc and as i have become bigger and look better and achieved goals in this sport i have come to love it for what it is TO ME and not to the masses. THAT is what bodybuilding is. its a very persoanl thing. something we all lose ourselves in and eventually find ourselves in....
sorry for the drama rant lol. i am prepping right now and it just feels good to be back.:cool:
-JS

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner