over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dorian Yates at His Biggest

Yep I saw it a few days ago on youtube.

Work ethic is incredible. Hes taught me to get the most out of every set , which makes me not have to use higher doses to be as big as I am, though great nutrition, recovery and sleep, and intense training! :love:

I almost thought that was Markus Ruhl. With the poor film quality it looks a lot like Markus. Markus was usually up around that much on stage in competition wasn't he?**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I almost thought that was Markus Ruhl. With the poor film quality it looks a lot like Markus. Markus was usually up around that much on stage in competition wasn't he?**broken link removed**

Here are Wikipedia stats on Markus Ruhl:

Height: 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)[2]
Weight: 128 kg (282 lb) (contest)
Weight: 148 kg (326 lb) (off-season)
Arm Size: 61 cm (24 in) (off-season)
Leg Size: 79–84 cm (31–33 in) (contest)[3]
Waist Size: 97 cm (38 in)
Chest size: 152 cm (60 in)

Not Yates........u can tell. Its different guy
Are you saying Dorian guest posing isn't Dorian or Ruhl isn't Dorian? Whatever. I thing Yates and Coleman's training is what set them apart. I'm not sure if anyone before or since has been willing to go there.

It’s kind of funny how people even try and compare guys like Phil Heath to Dorian lol Dorians off season shape looked as good as several of the Olympia guys do now in contest shape. And his gut is still smaller lol

Are you saying Dorian guest posing isn't Dorian or Ruhl isn't Dorian? Whatever. I thing Yates and Coleman's training is what set them apart. I'm not sure if anyone before or since has been willing to go there.

Their training was brutal but there are many bodybuilders who train like that. I think overall consistency in all elements is what set them apart. Those are the type of guys if they have 8 meals to eat each day they will eat those exact meals every single day. That is rare even with the best bodybuilders in the world. Chad Nicholls basically said Ronnie was a machine and would do anything he told him and never cheated on his diet (unlike other top bodybuilders). They also won't miss gym days because they live for the gym.

On top of that you have genetics. Guys almost act like Dorian didn't have good genetics at times which is nonsense. He may not have had Flex Wheeler genetics but he had genetics to be huge and ripped. Look at Dorian's calves they are ridiculous. Most guys could never have calves like that no matter how they ate or trained.

My post isn't in reply to you as I agree with you but just the many posts I see all the time about bodybuilders not training hard anymore and that's why they don't look as good. There are loads I see squatting 6-8 plates and deadlifting the same and pressing 4-5 plates and basically training brutally hard. These days due to the impact of social media all the top guys get most of their workouts filmed. There are a few exceptions but they still obviously train hard (Dexter Jackson, Phil Heath etc). Incidentally some of the middle eastern bodybuilders training today is ridiculous and even more impressive than Dorian and in some ways Ronnie too (they lift similar weights but weigh less).

Their training was brutal but there are many bodybuilders who train like that. I think overall consistency in all elements is what set them apart. Those are the type of guys if they have 8 meals to eat each day they will eat those exact meals every single day. That is rare even with the best bodybuilders in the world. Chad Nicholls basically said Ronnie was a machine and would do anything he told him and never cheated on his diet (unlike other top bodybuilders). They also won't miss gym days because they live for the gym.

On top of that you have genetics. Guys almost act like Dorian didn't have good genetics at times which is nonsense. He may not have had Flex Wheeler genetics but he had genetics to be huge and ripped. Look at Dorian's calves they are ridiculous. Most guys could never have calves like that no matter how they ate or trained.

My post isn't in reply to you as I agree with you but just the many posts I see all the time about bodybuilders not training hard anymore and that's why they don't look as good. There are loads I see squatting 6-8 plates and deadlifting the same and pressing 4-5 plates and basically training brutally hard. These days due to the impact of social media all the top guys get most of their workouts filmed. There are a few exceptions but they still obviously train hard (Dexter Jackson, Phil Heath etc). Incidentally some of the middle eastern bodybuilders training today is ridiculous and even more impressive than Dorian and in some ways Ronnie too (they lift similar weights but weigh less).

This what sets great bodybuilders apart from mediocre ones--the ability to continuously prioritize bodybuilding above all else, day after day, month after month, and year after year...withour fail.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention Dorian looks amazing in this video. You have to laugh all the idiots on you-tube stating he looks awful and has a bubble gut :eek: I most most of them have never been over 200 pounds. 310 pounds and lean with everything popping. Granted very few really want to look like this but there is a purpose to growing that big and that was shown everytime he competed and won.

Last edited:
I find it very impressive that he looked like that and a Totally different man today.

Imagine knowing fuck all about bodybuilding and you see Dorian in a gym hearing him say to you 'I used to be 300lbs + and rep 405 on the incline.'

Who would believe that :D

Props to our old member Lucian for taking the video and posting it. I know it drives Jerry nuts when people use his footage without acknowledgement.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws