over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dorian Yates On The DANGERS Of Bodybuilding

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

His advice Unless your competing dont take steroids. Unless your forty plus, testosterone replacement. I'm in agreement

Heres the whole thing

I started listening to Dorian back in 2002 when I got into bodybuilding and bought Flex magazine. Watched just about all his interviews over the years. I dont agree with anything, and ive learned from him.

As long as you’re good with the health aspects of AAS use then rock em! Paired with a good diet and good training you’ll look great, even when you keel over!

Cage

Steroids help with a lot more than just bodybuilding competitions. If people want to do something, they’re going to do it. Especially if it makes them feel good. Thanks dad, I got it from here

I can see where he is coming from, but we all know the dangers of certain things that we put into our body. I would hope that most of us do the research before putting something into our body anyways. I think that using more than a TRT dose after the age of 40 can still be beneficial. I guess it depends on what goals you have when you're that age.
Obviously, he is very educated about those type of things. He was one of the best. But I still think people are going to do what they want to do, regardless of the risks. That's kind of how this world works. We weigh the negatives to the positives and then make our decision.

It’s so funny hearing a former Mr. Olympia claiming that average gym rats are using “way more” gear than he used to win the most prestigious contest in bodybuilding. This interview is loaded with so much BS. Of course, you should only use AAS for HRT but there are very safe ways or safer ways to go about using AAS. This is what these bodybuilders should talk about. Instead of preaching not use them, they should provide guidance on safer practices to use because the doom and gloom sermons are falling on deaf ears

putting foreign stuff in your body that makes changes (some permanent) and not all for the good is never a GOOD idea imo.
neither is drinking soda. or alcohol. just saying...
but i do agree w him (didnt watch video) and think TRT is best use of testosterone.

One of the better interviews. Thanks.

I especially like what he said about Mike Tyson and what Mike said about his son.

He thinks unless you compete, you shouldn't take steroids?

If that was a thing the demand for them would go down quite a bit and 90% of sponsors would probably go out of business. I think we saw in a thread recently an obese guy that competes, and we have guys with amazing physiques that don't because they have other priorities.

He probably was just giving a general recommendation do I think you use just more than trt in his physique let's say 10 years ago yes but I can't say for certain I mean he maintained 260 lb for a long time after he stopped competing , fifteen years

I like the part about cannabis where basically he's been over using it and he's got a lot of people into using cannabis and now he's more quote unquote disciplined with it

to put it in perspective and i am drunk n high.... its not smart to bash heads in the nfl and get concussinas etc. BUT it does pay off..... do what ya gotta do make ur $ then bail.... in any sport i think thats best plan

His kid uses steroids. So much for only using them to compete. As a general "advice" sure, but people are going to use them for various reasons and who's to say what reason is acceptable.
Agreed.

Let's also not forget people that even though he was one of the best BB'ers ever, he is also a Holocaust-denier.

That alone should be enough reason to disregard anything he says.

He's certainly smart but he's also not all there, certainly nowadays.

Agreed.

Let's also not forget people that even though he was one of the best BB'ers ever, he is also a Holocaust-denier.

That alone should be enough reason to disregard anything he says.

He's certainly smart but he's also not all there, certainly nowadays.
He's just the stereotypical pothead conspiracy theorist lol. If he keeps doing a lot of psychedelics and smoking all day he might get lost in space lol.

His kid uses steroids. So much for only using them to compete. As a general "advice" sure, but people are going to use them for various reasons and who's to say what reason is acceptable.

Exactly. Plus as qbkilla posted you have guys who look like shit who compete and ones that don't compete who look great. You have guys who make money from their physiques who don't compete as well. Forgetting about social media even if you are a PT and look amazing you can gain 10x more business. Although who cares and even if someone doesn't look good and doesn't compete or make money from how he looks it shouldn't mean he can't use AAS.

Dorian is a prime example of one of those "no bullshit" guys who bullshit all the time. He uses loads of rec drugs and thinks he is enlightened but he thinks other people shouldn't use aas. I have heard loads of shit about Dorian over the years. Bad coke head in the past (when he was still big but not competing) but some adult shouldn't use some test and winny because he wants to look/feel great.

It's a weird one and almost like Arnold in a sense. I want to respect and like him for everything he has done and I admired him as a bodybuilder but he contradicts his words/preaching with actions plus all the **EDIT** - NOT GOINT THERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about kicking a man when he is down. Really sad.

And who would say these things to his face?

Talk about kicking a man when he is down. Really sad.

And who would say these things to his face?

He is down? He is doing just fine to me and rightfully so because he has achieved so much. I am just posting my honest opinion like everyone else has on here. If my mate who has taken loads of rec drugs started saying guys shouldn't use AAS I would say the exact same thing to him. It's called being a hypocrite. You may say he learned from his mistakes but he is still getting high all the time just using more "natural" means. Dorian also lies about his own usage and acts like he used low doses which he didn't. Then the holocaust stuff (crazy) and various other conspiracy theories he has stated in the past. Then the dodgy coaching things he has going now hiring a company to get as much as they can and acts like he is doing all the training.

I know you don't like to be "negative" but I think it's just as important to be real and honest. I try to be positive all the time but if I see something I disagree with I will say so. If I was being out of line I wouldn't mind someone calling me out on it. I used to be a massive fan of his. I am from a short drive (2 hours) from where he is from plus the heavy duty training all things bodybuilding so he was always my fav bodybuilder coming up. Look at my posts from 10 years ago I always held him up and followed his principles. If I see a guy going on about the holocaust never taking place and it was a hoax that doesn't sit right with me. Then all the preaching drug talk when my mate has snorted huge amounts of coke with the guy when he was still big and he goes on about no one should use AAS.

What's sad is not practicing what you preach and basically bullshitting people. Just because it's Dorian it shouldn't matter. I like nearly all bodybuilders because they share my passion but when someone is full of shit I don't think giving my honest opinion is "kicking a man when he is down". I still respect everything he has achieved and he was an amazing bodybuilder but definitely not a fan of some of his beliefs.

This, when he said to "anti maskers".."screw your freedoms" that told me all I need to know about the guy. If he was on fire, I wouldn't piss him out.

I totally disagree with what he said but that was taken a little out of context. I watched the whole video and it wasn't nearly as bad as it originally sounded. I should add I have never wore a mask so couldn't shop in many places (got asked to leave etc) so that should tell you what side of the fence I am on. Regardless of that comment he made it's fairly obvious to most people Arnold isn't the best of people and that's part of the reason why I made comparison. I and probably everyone on here admired the guy for years and loved his films and supported him but after about the 10th dodgy thing it became apparent he is just a tit. He is a good example of you can admire someone's accomplishments and even look up to them in many ways but realize they would sell their soul to their devil if it meant being successful.

The problem some guys have is when they are fans of someone they will ignore all the dodgy things they do. All those years of admiring their idol makes them blinkered to what they are really like. Now we all make mistakes and that's part of life but some of the things both have done just don't sit well with me. Dorian is very different to Arnold but still lot's of comparisons can be made. Bodybuilders and famous people are just human beings so even if you admired someone for years you should still have the ability to call them out on dodgy behaviour. If people want to call that "kicking a man when he is down" so be it. Anyway enough of this negativity I was just being honest.

Yeah, I miss the old Dorian. The one I knew nothing about other than a very disciplined work ethic. Psychedelic conspiracy Dorian is 👎

His personal training is a scam. It's doubtful he is doing one-on-one for every single person. Even if he is, if you read between the lines, he thinks his way is the only way. Not just in principle, his exact routine. The same exercises in the same order for the same amount of reps. Quads: leg extension, leg press, and hack squat. People are paying him money for a routine that is all over the internet for free. Though that's also on the client for not using their head.

Yeah, I miss the old Dorian. The one I knew nothing about other than a very disciplined work ethic. Psychedelic conspiracy Dorian is 👎

His personal training is a scam. It's doubtful he is doing one-on-one for every single person. Even if he is, if you read between the lines, he thinks his way is the only way. Not just in principle, his exact routine. The same exercises in the same order for the same amount of reps. Quads: leg extension, leg press, and hack squat. People are paying him money for a routine that is all over the internet for free. Though that's also on the client for not using their head.

Exactly. It's embarrassing what he is doing now. Nick Trigilli (worst scammer ever but let's not get into him) called him out on it but he was way over the top. Although he pretended to be an interested client and it's shocking what they done. Now that video got back to Dorian and he of course made a video of how he was unaware and he would hire a new company or demand they act differently moving forward. He also mentioned how he trains everyone himself. Just utter nonsense. It's all copy and paste bullshit as you know. I completely believe Dorian didn't know their tactics and was probably quite shocked when he found out but pretending to train them all. I am sure he goes in and has input but you are talking 100-1000's of clients. I get it it's very easy money but you have to be a certain person to do that and it's part of the reason I posted above but again I have heard alsorts of shit over the years.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131