over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dosages during a bulk vs cut

GDADDYG8

Registered
It seems to me you would use less drugs during a cut since you are limited on how much muscle you can build based on calories.

Dosages during a cutting cycle should be enough to maintain the muscle you built and to boost your aesthetic appearance (reduction of water under the skin).

Dosages during a bulk or growth phase should be high with the extra calories to create the most anabolic environment possible.

This makes sense to me but I know a lot to people run 1 g of Test along with high dosages of tren and other things during a cutting phase, particularly pre contest. Isn’t this just a waste of gear?

Interested to hear others thoughts on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more mg's on a cut imo. and a cut being cutting deep, not just losing a bit of fat.

since the caloriees are lower, it's likely that the anabolic environment will be lower too, which you, sadly, make up with higher dosages.

Usage for me is higher during season than off..... doesn't take ALOT if the calories are there and you put your work in..... when my calories are LOWEST is when I ramp shit up.... preserving what I have while I torch everything else..

Thanks for the input. I think it’s very hard to lose muscle on some anabolics if you are eating enough protein. I think the higher dosages are a waste.

Thanks for the input. I think it’s very hard to lose muscle on some anabolics if you are eating enough protein. I think the higher dosages are a waste.

Higher doses in general are a waste for most people and their goals.

You only feel like garbage; don’t necessarily grow better.

In the past I would use more when cutting. These days I am more moderate so both are similar and never high.

Are you talking about cutting for a bodybuilding show? If so, try it your way and see how it goes. Personally I would listen to MyTreeFiddy who is an IFBB Pro and always comes in muscular and peeled!

I don't compete but when I'm dropping weight I keep it simple. Usually just run 250 to 300mgs test per week. Once in a while will add a 3 week run low dose DNP. Works well for me. Generally when I bulk I use 500 to 600 mgs test per week and one other compound at a low dose (like 300mgs deca). Sides are minimal and I get great results from this approach.

this question is super dependant on how you lose and gain muscle as well as your metabolism.

For instance, some skinny 215 LHW who has no trouble cutting fat yet has to eat 6k to gain (hardgainer) is going to have to blast his 2g in the offseason and can probably ease into his prep.

VS

The guy is never quite in shape for his contests. He's thick skinned and easily gets to 280+ in the offseason just training hard. He'll use his 2-3g's on realllly pushing his body in prep mode.

I plan on taking a long offseason to really add some weight. So i'm going to blast harder in the offseason. So many variables here.

I've never been able to pull off a proper offseason, be it because of appetite reasons, digestion or just not being able to deal with the fact that I'm getting softer and fat to a degree. I know it sounds like being a little bitch but so be it. Stopped forcing to grow during my "offseason", so cruise or nothing during that time, then slowly ramp up things during prep - worked well, still managed to put on about 15 lbs of stage weight over a two year period. Again, I'm sure I would have made more improvements if I "forced" an offseason on my body, but I did just fine this way I guess :)

Honestly you don’t even need much gear in offseason if your diet and training is right. Honestly high doses will make your offseason less productive if it limits your appitite or makes tired

People also spend to much time in the gym in the offseason. 2 heavy sets maybe 3-4 excercises with good intensity and till failure and get out the gym. Your gonna grow. Forget about this pump shit shoot my insulin drink my 3 shakes. Go workout hard get out and go eat

this question is super dependant on how you lose and gain muscle as well as your metabolism.

For instance, some skinny 215 LHW who has no trouble cutting fat yet has to eat 6k to gain (hardgainer) is going to have to blast his 2g in the offseason and can probably ease into his prep.

VS

The guy is never quite in shape for his contests. He's thick skinned and easily gets to 280+ in the offseason just training hard. He'll use his 2-3g's on realllly pushing his body in prep mode.

I plan on taking a long offseason to really add some weight. So i'm going to blast harder in the offseason. So many variables here.

Spot on...as a hardgainer it's easier to maintain size/cut on less gear

Also much more toxic gear/orals are usually used when cutting

Highest doses during prep

Definitely would use higher doses during contest prep. At worst they will raise your metabolism sky high to help burn the fat AND preserve muscle. I think the higher doses can help with recovery too and prep is def when you need that.
-F2S

I use way more gear to cut than bulk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Honestly you don’t even need much gear in offseason if your diet and training is right. Honestly high doses will make your offseason less productive if it limits your appitite or makes tired

People also spend to much time in the gym in the offseason. 2 heavy sets maybe 3-4 excercises with good intensity and till failure and get out the gym. Your gonna grow. Forget about this pump shit shoot my insulin drink my 3 shakes. Go workout hard get out and go eat

This is an old post but makes sense....
Now I understand why during growth phases I am always so destroyed....

I was thinking that just by doing that was bad because of lack of work.... So I always aim to come out destroyed from the gym...

This is an old post but makes sense....
Now I understand why during growth phases I am always so destroyed....

I was thinking that just by doing that was bad because of lack of work.... So I always aim to come out destroyed from the gym...
If your calories are high enough then a little gear goes a long way. When growing food is the main anabolic. I heard a guy on a podcast say that as he drops his cals he ups his gear. If drops 500 cals he adds 500mgs for example. I’m sure there’s more to it than that but he was using test as an example

If your calories are high enough then a little gear goes a long way. When growing food is the main anabolic. I heard a guy on a podcast say that as he drops his cals he ups his gear. If drops 500 cals he adds 500mgs for example. I’m sure there’s more to it than that but he was using test as an example
Was that Coach Steve? I got coached by him... Nutrition wise I didn't like his approach... He makes you pig out during offseason but, peds wise his offseason approach was Test HGH Insulin, and then for every cals you drop during the cut you add the same amount of mg in gear.

Yeah I’m going to go with low to moderate in the off-season while pushing the calories. And then ramping up the gear when it’s prep time, and more so for the final month of prep. The only thing that stays lower in prep for me is the test, but the other gear climbs up. That’s under the advisement of both my coaches, one being a top ifbb pro.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131